1 to 75 Leveling Guide Acolyte to Necromancer. Ice Ranged + Zombies Spec

Hey All, I just started playing and have been following Boardman’s ice minion build from June. I’m sure the game has changed a lot since then and curious if there is an updated ranged minion build?
I’m currently lvl 60 and enjoying but want to be sure about everything!

How did you get to Spectral Putresence by bypassing Poisoned Minds in Wandering Spirits?

That’ll be an error caused by the changes in 0.8.3, Spectral Putrescence used to require 1 point in Souls of Rage rather than 2 in Poisoned Minds.

Ahhh Thank you

I’m a little confused by gameplay post level 70 (currently 73, in the lvl 80 Monolith).

Volatile Zombie’s damage felt like my nuke for a while, but damage seems to have fallen off a cliff and I barely see the point in using it, other than having nothing else to do besides run around. Should I be prioritizing fire damage or is this just natural for the build?

If I don’t really need to use Volatile Zombie, Rip Blood as a mana battery seems pretty wasted as well. Am I using this spell only to buff my minion damage (I guess heal, but doesn’t feel super needed)? It’s hard to know what I’m hitting, am I just hoping to proc Splatter? Does that spread the ability’s buffs to nearby minions? So much of Blood Rip’s nodes are related to damage, does all that get thrown out the window once we spec into “Marrow Drinker”.

Build is great, clear is one of the best I’ve played, but I’m not understanding some of the spell interactions beyond keeping Shade up and making sure my minion numbers are maxed. Is this build meant to be respecced around this point or are Volatile Zombies/Rip Blood performing key performance boosts I’m missing?

You can change out skills if you like

Rip blood gives mana and that mana is meant to be used to spam more zombies.

Rip blood can also give ward or health depending how you spec it.

Rip.blood can also give minions infusion giving the more damage attack speed and leech which is very beneficial.

Zombies in this setup are meat for ward gain but can be used for damage if you build into it

1 Like

Hmm…for some reason the build planner links stop at 5% load and stale out. Is that because they are broken do to a different version planner now?

No, the planner works fine, it’s more likely a setting of your browser. I’ve read about this, but I don’t remember which setting it was. Maybe hardware acceleration, not sure.
You should try to find the “official” topic of the planner and ask Dammit.

I closed the browser and dumped all the cookies and saved data. Works fine now.
Thanks much.

Even better than what I thought, great! :slight_smile:

Hi

Is this a good Endgame build - I just got the game today and looking for a solid build i can develop on, and farm endgame with.

The guide is really good and love the video you made.

Thanks for your time - Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.