1.0 Server Status Thread

Almost 24h later and still down. Not sure where they see “Fairly stable”, are we talking about the same game?

1 Like

IKR? I’ve been watching this forum to get updates on when I should try to play, but 90% of the BS is a bunch of cry babies who can’t just chill and do something else. Just watch vids or play Helldivers…sheesh

We live in an age of entitlement and man children. The sad part is how candidly they expose themselves.

1 Like

I’m curious as to how you think infrastructure works for this sort of thing. Like do you think it’s just something they code into the servers and that there is some fundamental limit built in? Like it could very well be a situation where this is a code bottleneck and they need to deploy a patch to the servers, or maybe they need to rethink some of their cloud infrastructure setup.

I highly doubt that there is such a fundamental limit in the codebase that would prevent it from scaling out further. Obviously I haven’t seen the codebase so I couldn’t say, but given what I’ve seen of the developers from my limited interaction with them, seems like they want to scale this out.

Just having a little fun buddy. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to play your game and escape reality again soon enough.

Logic is logic: Player count will be lower before they fix it anyway, so …

think it evolved :smiley:

1 Like

Can you guys just please enable cosmetics for offline at least for this cycle?
It’s the one and only reason i need to play this game online over my much preferred offline mode.

1 Like

Projection at its finest, buddy. Do I even need to repeat that old adage once again. LOL

1 Like

Honestly, when I saw the 140k concurrent players I thought to myself that’s going to be easy to handle. I mean, if 1.2 mil copies were sold, that’s about 12% playerbase online, a number that can remain the same for the remainder of the year. Did EHG not account for this number?

I could understand them not having enough server power for 500k concurrent users, since that number would fade in a few weeks. But around 100k players seems like a pretty normal (if not even on the low end) and well expected number of players considering the number of copies sold. Kind of surprised they call this extreme load.

1 Like

Of course but a lot of this fanbase is acting like a toddler throwing a tantrum because they didn’t get ice cream.

1 Like

From an outside perspective it looks like servers are at capacity for active instances. Does anyone know whether the serves are hosted by ehg or by third parties?

Offline Mode doesn’t even start for me. Selecting a character and clicking enter game keeps looping back to the Offline Mode and Play Offline button. No game is ever loaded.

Most likely a 3rd party, they did mentioned service providers and similar stuff

gotta change the launch type in the properties window from the steam library. click on the gear at the library page

What are you talking about? It’s not a privilege to get paid the bare minimum. Which will be more than $40 a day? I’m saying your issue is you need a new job lol.

Even more funny is everyone here complaining about paying and not getting the service agreed to ToS.

Didn’t even give me my free cape…LOL …Great Game…

if i pay, i am entitled to a product. its called a contract.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how long you’ve had the game purchased for but if it’s like some of us(which is years) you would know that the regular development updates always explained the time and meticulousness they were taking to develop this game so it would be ready for this kind of release. They were fully aware of the numbers and have addressed launch numerous times throughout the years. So when the ball gets dropped like this for a game that people have invested in to help the development cycle, their frustrations aren’t wrong. If this were a free to play game we’d be talking about a different story here. But some people invested in their kick starter, bought the game, invested in early cosmetic packs to support the studio. This isn’t about “not getting ice cream” it’s about the expectations they set for themselves and haven’t lived up to lol.

4 Likes

That would make it easier to expand, but also harder to debug.

1 Like