1.0 Server Status Thread

I am playing online but the loading times are horrible. Sometimes I simply drop out while waiting to get to a different area/zone.

Venting frustrations on a forum in a hostile way is definitely wrong. But the cause of the frustration is clear and should not be disregarded. The launch did not happen spontaneously, but was planned. EHG was proud to announce how many copies have been bought. Based on these 2 facts alone one could argue, that the traffic could and should have been predicted and prepared for. And by ā€œprepared forā€ I do not have a specific resolution in mind, but there are usually several options to choose from; game programming/launch is not my field of expertise, but what comes to mind: obtaining more server/computing power for the first week/month/etc., dividing the launch by region, managing customersā€™ expectations. And I know there are many experts who can come up with way more and way better solutions. Additionally this game, unlike Path Of Exile, is not free2play, and my opinion is that especially for paid product you can have certain expectations towards the goods/services.

That being said: I am disappointed with the first 2 days of the 1.0 launch. But disappointment comes from expectations (usually very high expectations) and anticipation :slight_smile: . I bought this game a long time ago to support this project. I do not regret anything, I enjoy the game, I like a lot of in-game solutions very much and I am really anxious to see in which direction this game will progress! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You can always level up next char in d4 :smiley:

so dramaticā€¦ fuck

1 Like

Thatā€™s normal, people from EU are always in worst spot when it comes to games.

1 Like

No worries, they put it in a forum thread and donā€™t particularly advertise it. Thereā€™s no splash screen ā€œTENCENTā€ on LoL or PoE either, for obvious reasons. Iā€™m not particularly mad, but I do get upset at the false narratives that are out there about this game. Back in 2021ish they got a little criticism because they were stalling out in development and sponsored some content creators to provide a bump in sales to keep going. I get it, making a game is hard, but the narrative that these guys were all just arpg lovers like us - they piggybacked on GGGā€™s founding story, omitted the fact the kickstarter promised a 2018 release, all the delays and changes in focus of the game, and the fact that yes, they have that big studio money and backing. Now weā€™re seven years later, thereā€™s huge sponsorships to content creators and Maxroll to get the consumer base excited, after the last 3 month release delay they release a game with 1/3 of its campaign unfinished (because, itā€™s true, people donā€™t care about campaigns in arpgs but still a broken promise) and hellish launch issues, then, 10 hours into a flailing launch they say their team has worked hard and is going home for the night. Thatā€™s not a serious attitude for a business on itā€™s ā€˜initial launchā€™. Then to come on here looking to see if thereā€™s news and theyā€™re still radio silent 12 hours after they called it a day yesterday and see a bunch of people claiming theyā€™re a small company thatā€™s so great and care so much and whiners should go touch grass and STFU, thatā€™s what kind of got under my skin, because they arenā€™t. Theyā€™re another corporation thatā€™s here to make money (which by itself is fine, itā€™s what they are made to do) and using up their goodwill pretty quickly. Who just ditch work during a crisis and they gave everyone an in game cloak, or at least promise to. Meh.

5 Likes

Just a reminder, this is not a free product, itā€™s our right to complain and ask for a quick solution.
Still, I believe we have to give devs time to solve.

3 Likes

but d4 is very boringā€¦

1 Like

South America server wont connect.
I can login but canā€™t play after character selection.

Oh, look, more rationalization for their botched 1.0 release. Siding with merchants over consumers is white knight behavior, mā€™lord. There are no acceptable excuses in this case.

4 Likes

Guys please fix the servers or shut it down. It is unacceptable. That launch almost 24h ago and still servers are not working. This is so so annoying .

5 Likes

2 days??? it hasnt even been 24 hoursā€¦what are you smoking? its been 22hrs 15mins as of this post.

I donā€™t get why so many people feel the need to write that they are pissed for not being able to play. Do something else. Come back later or not.
Stop giving advices nobody asked for and are pretty much useless :slight_smile:
This game rocks and it will be stable in a few days for sure.
Be a bit less selfcentered and cut the lovely devs of this small company some slacks.

5 Likes

Servers are now at 166000 players. Sad they canā€™t handle this amount.
The amount of players never sunk below 115000 players since release. That is what really surprised me.

Enjoy life, chillax. :smiley: Imagine, you can do it.

3 Likes

Do we talk about the same game? :confused:

still not playable. sad. game is really good and got so many improvements, now its down. just sad to repeatetly getting screwed by gaming developers/companies.

2 Likes

I got to play for an hour or so early in the morning but now canā€™t seem to connect. I donā€™t mind so much I did take vacation days off work to play though so thatā€™s a bummer. I do love this game and the majority of the community is amazing. Im going to stay positive and hope they figure it out before the weekendā€¦hereā€™s hoping

Never managed to play in SA server, not even 3:00 am (where should not be overloaded).

Loading times are currently 20-50 minutes per area. Hope Iā€™ll be in Monoliths by the end of the year.

Sending all my power to your backend team. This must be stressful.

2 Likes