1.0 Server Status Thread

i’m actually used to “getting an explanation for problems”. the producer and director of final fantasy 14 always does this.
Just one example with the queue problems in final fantasy 14 in december 2021:
“Error 4004, 5003, and 5006
These errors occur when your connection to the login management server times out as a result of waiting in a login queue for extremely long periods of time. Although we’d secured a considerably long session time with the lobby server; however, there are times this is still not enough to cover the issue, so we are currently working on a process to extend the session time. We apologise for the inconvenience, and ask that you to wait a little bit longer until this process is complete… …”

so, yes, i do remember the last time a company did this.

This is my daily complaint post. I’ll be back tomorrow

2 Likes

this is just flat out dishonest

The game has been non functional far more that it has been functional since launch. Yesterday morning was atrociously bad, far worse than Wednesday evening. It has not been a steady march of improvement by nearly any objective metric.

your fan girling is a bit much

Love how you made a queue that doesn’t move. For hours. I’d rather be back in monoliths not able to zone through quests like last night. Do I just quit now?

Do you remember Wolcen? xD One or two more days and this becomes the next Wolcen. RIP

1 Like

They are testing online since 0.9 patch.

It was highly advised by the whole community, to nail down bugs, and not release online in its current state. It was abysmal since release.

They decided not only to leave a lot of bugs behind. But to release online, with the promise of seasonal content. So there are your 2 mistakes. Mostly caused by rushing… due to deadlines that people gave them. That’s what you pay for selling out, or taking loans.

Give the team peace, without them you will still be crying over D4 or PoE.

Anybody that touched some form of development know well, that you cannot prepare for everything. Its not possible. Its the details that any amount of QA will not uncover.

Be patient, we are here at the start of the long journey with this amazing team and game.

Cheers

1 Like

So just to be safe these days.We can non life monos and dont afk so we will have a chance to play this game.

if you have the time, try leaving and rejoining que, sit in it for like 10 mins, rense and repeat

might get in

without us, they wouldn’t have a pay check, so…

Sadly. Although Wolcen had a long but very boring endgame, which grew old fast.

But they were so confident!

So confident.

1 Like

No, I’m not fangirling anything. I work for a living, WTF would I be on a video game in the morning on a weekday for? I play in the evening time after work. I would propose to you that that time there is the highest user count, at least based on time zones. I happen to live in US and I understand that EU right now has people getting offwork and having issues. The company is based in california however so we live on their schedule of working on stuff.

So perhaps in the morning here and yesterday morning, it’s been terrible, I haven’t experienced that. I played when the majority of people in the US would and I had a near nominal play experience last evening. Some people claim they cannot log in and do anything after 3 days, and other people are already in the 70s and 80s on their online character, so people are probably having different experiences due to their regional locations, but time affects you a lot as well.

It is functionally a lie to say it’s still as bad as it was the very first day. They have found issues and fixed some, things have improved for most. They still have issues to deal with however. The numbers on the steamcharts wouldn’t keep going up if this were not the case.

Went from 400 to 15k In queue now Lol

So I went and tried offline and noticed something right away- no delay switching areas. Well, duh! But, hear me out…the first thing I noticed about this game when I started in beta a week or so ago was the delay when trying to enter a new area in online mode. So it appears to me this has been a problem for a while…and now its just so much more of a problem. How did that get past all the developers leading up to 1.0?

I passed the initial location, moved to the second and everything froze, the game did not load. I’ll go play D4.

there are people all over the place saying they cannot even log in, that means for them it is literally just as bad or worse than the first day

every day has not been better than the last, your experience does not define other’s, so take the misplaced arrogance and put it somewhere else please

The higher you fly, the higher you fall from.

This is probably a good lesson for them. How being cocky is the bane of every good image. Even if the game is decent. The attitude and transparency was never there. Or maybe they were delusional. Who knows, and who cares to be fair. Kinda deserved outcome for them.

They will get the fruits when everything is in working condition.

“working as intended”

lol, sorry bro, good luck

if the que number is actually moving for you, try sticking it out

And that’s why you are making alpha, beta and stress tests.

They have had time to check it before launch, and they have screwed up this stuff. No excuse needed,

I don’t have any hard feelings for them, i just like the things i have paid for, to run smooth when i come and pick them up (in that case launch day), nothing more. I can understand that something may go wrong, but not for 2 days, not in such a bad way when you have had 5 years of beta tests. That is unacceptable.

1 Like