1.0 Server Status Thread

I don’t think the problem is with the update itself, it’s that 170k people are all trying to play at once. This would’ve happened even in pre-1.0 and it’d likely have been even worse.

I’m actually retired but I do find your thought process to be rather “flawed” to say the least.

The few zones I did yesterday felt enjoyable, it did look really good. For the servers downs and the communication/streamer channels and hype build for an access denial, well I expected nothing but I’m still disapointed.

can’t wait for POE 2…

My biggest gripe isn’t really the instability, rather, the game design choice to have all these tiny little sub zones and personal instances. I feel like I walk down a hallway to a loading screen without seeing a single monster in the game way too often.

This choice to have little tiny story zones spam creating instances all the time is really what seems to be putting pressure on the game’s infrastructure, and it just baffles me. I get you wanna have a story, but like, even if it wasn’t lagging / infinite loading screens, the sheer amount of zone transition screens just takes you right out of the gameplay.

Bigger zones, less loading please.

ONLINE is currently unavailable… O REALLY SHERLOCK… It’s unavailable since lunch

1 Like

They had 4 years of beta and alpha to emulate a load test, hundreds of consultants available that experienced the same day 1 fuck ups. There is absolutely no excuse to mediocrity :).

5 Likes

You serious? We paid and we cannot play. Game has been in early access for how long, 5 years? They couldn’t predict player base on the hype, on how many ppl played beta? I know it’s not a AAA studio but c’mon. They had time to prepare.

3 Likes

Yes, and you are not paying for a service.

A better analogy is if you buy a football and it starts raining so you cant play football that day, the value of your football hasnt decreased.

If you only bought the game to play it on launch day then thats your problem, its not ment as a one time use product that must be consumed right away.

3 Likes

did they create a new error in the process of solving previous one?

2 Likes

or maybe an extremely rudimentary idea of what they’re experiencing is an insufficient basis to be so arrogant and judgemental, idk

What a constructiv comment :slight_smile: Hope in your life, I hope your clients are as gossipy when it comes to your work

Nah I have a lvl 21 warlock, been playing all day yesterday. Mostly scene transitions took a long time but everything else was fine.

Today however, impossible to login. Not even a minute, whereas some streamers played all evening. Luck of the draw I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

At the end of the day, it was not a surprise that 1M people wanted to play… that was how many copies were sold!

In a realm where gamers unite,
A new game emerged with delight.
But alas, LE-61,
Cast a shadow, not fun,
As servers faltered, causing a plight.

12 Likes

I can’t wait to play the game!

So are wee going to be able to play anytime soon?

1 Like

This is the type of content I signed up for

1 Like

I really liked the game, was able to get level 13. Hope they fix the server issue.

streamers must have their own server