1.0 Server Status Thread

“CPUs are not forgiving about typos in code”

My G the game is made with Unity.
C# is a compiled language.
It’s literally impossible to build with a typo.

The “you forgot a semicolon” joke doesn’t apply here.

You’re a one-trick software developer.

1 Like

I’m hopeful for the multiplayer patch targeting transition times. While I’ve managed to somewhat play solo (with long transition times) we’ve been completely incapable of playing co-op in EU West. Getting in a party is hard and we havent been able to play on the same zone yet (somehow not instanced together)

After the patch the game started crashing almost every time I teleported

A typo like misspelling one variable name for another?
Code that compiles is not the same as code that works correctly.

And as I replied to MetallicJive, I’m curious, what kind of software development are you an expert in?

A typo =!= using the wrong variable.

You said because they made typos in community messages, they’re likely to make typos in code. I said it’s not possible because you can’t make typos in C#. Now you’re moving the goalpost to making mistakes in codes.

What’s next?

Yes, a variable name mix-up can be a simple typo. It’s really easy to do in nested “for” loops with short index names. A ‘-’ instead of a ‘+’ is also a typo that the compiler may not catch, depending on context. I’d class a lot of situations where the programmer knew what they were doing and how to express it in code, but typed something different that didn’t quite work as a typo. What would you call it?

I believe a big factor is attention to detail (and proof-reading) - which is what my original post was about.

You do realize that is the same thing right? What do you think controls the load times?

While I am glad you are able to play and have a majority of your issues fixed. I and others like me cannot even enter the game beyond a perma load screen that persists until inactivity time out rinse repeat. I have been able to create characters but it will not actually load the game itself. That has us understandably upset. Some need to be less abrasive but dont be too dismissive.

A variable mix-up can happen to anyone, even the best developers.
It can also happen to dyslexic people.
It can also happen to very tired and stressed developers doing their best to fix their game.

And as we’ve already stated, a hasty community message with a typo isn’t representative of the overall studio’s expertise. It’s a non sequitur, thus stupid.

Whatever floats your boat pal, idgaf about your opinion on this and that, stop talking to me, not that i will reply anymore anyways mind you

Nothing has changed for me, I still can’t enter the game like 13 hours before. maybe the team did something, but it didn’t help me at all. have a great weekend

1 Like

The load times are much better than yesterday, but it is consistently putting my & my party member in different instances when we move to the next zone and that isn’t great.

guys im playing on damn eu west and i play solo . after 15 hours yet i cant go out of any city . loading screen stay there for ever . i can here my abilities and i can press esc for option but laoding screen doesnt disapear

me too so yeah

the game has been crashed for two time in a short time. When it crashed, it pops up the unity error window. Dev if you see this please fix it, it is really annoying.

I’m confused by the layout of the information here is online still unavailable? If it is available I can’t get past the initial loading screen into the game.

It’s currently online I’m in wengari or whatever fortress no waiting to zone in or anything, most likely due to Europe being asleep (I’m just saying on my end don’t know about anyone else) i’m on the u.s central at 44 ping

I played smoothly on EU server for an hour just now, yet the chat didn’t work. Same thing happened in the afternoon for a while.

I’m trying to play with my GF and it does the same thing, it’s freaking annoying as it wasn’t doing this yesterday.

well that’s not much of a bad thing having no chat because most of the time its just a bunch dingus pooping out their mouths, would be funny and messed up if it was the chat causing the problems XD.