Zizaran & Steelmage Multiplayer Q/A - Sept 14th/15th

News alert! We’ve all played POE and every other ARPG. You don’t need to start every msg with your POE time.

2 Likes

Imagine gatekeeping streamers from making content around the game… While Last Epoch is one of the most promising games in developement (imo) you should accept that there is not much to do currently in the game for streamers like ziz, steelmage and other bigger ARPG streamers. Also ziz and steel constantly talk about LE in their streams even if they dont play it constantly. That is how i learned about this game in the first place. This is good advertisement for LE and i really want this game to be good. Ziz and steel are probably 2 of the most well-trusted content creators for ARPGs generally, so of course you want them to advertise the game.

2 Likes

I dont understand why would people be upset about this. Even developers themselves are aware of the playerbase will be going back and forth between PoE, LE and maybe even D4. So having things like brand loyalty, gatekeeping and fanaticism around the game would be a bad thing. Be realistic and look at the game as a product. If you want a good product you want competition, good advertisement and a healthy community around it. Saying things like “They will dump this game the day the next POE league starts.” doesn’t mean anything. Yeah, having smaller LE streamers do some content and advertising their channels on main website would be a nice thing to do at some point but now is not the time for it and it wouldnt help neither the game nor the streamers when only a small fraction of ARPG players would see it or even be aware of it.

1 Like

It’s almost like people can play multiple games over a 3 month period & enjoy them all, a shocking concept, I know…

13 Likes

Yea, it is pretty funny when you see an LE dev playing on PoE league launches and talk about them in past… A shocking concept is that as a game producer, I paid employees to play other games to help keep our own internal skills sharp. I despise silo thinking and its insidious behavior.

3 Likes

My question is why devs don’t just stream this themselves? Why does it have to be a community streamer or some other streamer? (I don’t really know who any of these people are). Like, do the devs not know how to use Twitch?

Nintendo doesn’t have their Nintendo Direct presentations hosted on some random person’s YouTube channel or whatever, right?

I’d imagine that the audience on Ziz/Steel’s channels are ever so slightly larger than on EHG’s channel (where Mike streams weekly if you weren’t aware, not sure given text). And Nintendo is slightly large than EHG.

3 Likes

I really don’t understand myself why they would use a POE Streamer, why not use someone that actually streams the game and make 100s of build guides for the game and players in the LE community actually know who they are…

1 Like

Simple answer is marketing eyeballs - from I what I understand its almost half a million followers that could potentially watch the streams… If only 5% of them purchase LE, that is likely a significant boost in the player base and a little influx of cash. And even if the watchers dont immediately purchase LE, I think its likely they may put in on a following list to check again later…

I dont think there is any other reason for having bigger, non Epoch streamers q&A the game…

3 Likes

To be to the point, I think it’s because both Ziz and Steelmage are ARPG vets and experts, they also both are invested in Last Epoch and have streamed/played it before, Zizaran even has a unique in the game. So it’s not like they are completely randomly chosen for publicity and or numbers, it’s just all about simple facts.
They like Last Epoch, have made videos about Last Epoch, have streamed Last Epoch and have a large number of followers and main a multiplayer-arpg game. They probably are really happy they get this opportunity and it’s going to be good for the game.

With that said, looking forward to the streams and a first sneak-peak at multi-player!

3 Likes

emmm Zizaran & Steelmage only… the rest awaiting month for see this notice… gz… dislike 100000%

This I suppose it what happens when travelers are starved of new content. The good losing their way… Corruption spreading rampant… The void on the loose!

But seriously…

I can’t believe all the negative feedback I see in this thread. This is a good thing that will Give LE good amounts of exposure! (Which supports all parties related to LE)

4 Likes

Well it’s one thing to dislike stremers and say so. Negative feedback looks so constructed in this topic I don’t know…

Bigger Hack and Slay Streamers stream a hack & slay in front of people who like hack & slays. There is NOTHING bad about this ^^.

We don’t have any big Time LE epoch streams regulary so going for those stremers who play the same genre is a win for EHG and therefor for LE.

2 Likes

Well, I won’t complain about it but one option they could’ve done was have a third one with one of the actual content creators. That would have been a great gesture of goodwill to the community creators that have supported it over the years, along with getting the whole new slam of stuff done by these PoE creators.

I am not sure that would have been a good look either, as it would show favoritism and cause the argument to go toxic. Zizaran has done streams, has a unique package made, and has taken a lot of out-of PoE time promoting LE by putting LE on his Nexus account. I am not certain where the negativity came from, but those who are showing it needs to stop. Take some time off for some serious introspection.

2 Likes

Well, that’s kinda easy. Some of the LE content creators have been around forever and I imagine people are feeling a bit protective of them, much like you would your favorite futbal team.

That said, I definitely agree that it doesn’t need to bring about strong negativity, we all know LE Devs have a pretty good track record of taking constructive feedback and distilling it to its essence. I’d encourage everyone, they naysayers and the yeasayers to take deep breaths realize, much like futball, it’s just a game, and offer up constructive thoughts.

And, yes, to any futball fan out there who just felt their stomachs drop, it is just a game. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will disagree on this though. Constructively. I think the known LE community have all been really supportive of each other (heck, @boardman21 was just in here praising this whole move!). I don’t think there would be a lot of thoughts on favoritism, based on how they’ve been in the past.

1 Like

Fair enough, because Zizaran already has posted past content on his YT with the LE dev team. I will concede on that issue. There just was too much negativity, my past experience would have been to stay away for the time being. When Boardman, Lizard, and McFluffin all are on board and I consider them the first three I think about, not in any order, for LE content that shows community harmony.

1 Like

It’s been a year since I said I’d make a multiplayer. I hope you can upgrade your multiplayer as soon as possible. I hope the update date will be set after this week’s broadcast.

Yeah. And it also comes from one person in particular that never has done anything positive for the community. Instead having a track record of bashing other people, devs and changing his posts and threads into trash and insults towards others and the devs in particular.

This is so cheap. I get the feeling this is nothing but a troll attempt, trying to sabotage the relationship between EHG and the community.

Just look at the post and thread history of the first comment on this topic.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes