You have serious QA problems or

Ah, but is it most? Or is it some? Or a few?

We are on the wrong side of the servers to know for sure.

Now, where’s my vodka.

Tonight it happened also to me (but just tonight, other nights not).
Loadings were much longer (something like 20-30 seconds) and randomly I had a lot of latency (for 2-3 seconds…almost freeze).
I think it’s really random but it’s not a speculation because…it happens.

EDIT: Im playing in EU WEST with 46-50 ms.

What do you mean? Its happening every single day…

Did you ever play in a 4 man party?

3-man, not 4 yet unfortunately.

OP said

Is it most, is it some or is it a few?

Is it most people most of the time, some people most of the times, a few people some of the time or most people every now and then?

How bad is the issue really?

Every time you see some rubber banding, human cognitive bias rears its head.

We, the players, only have half the data (actually., vastly less than half unless youre tapping the entire network all the way to the servers).

Rubber banding and other network issues are not as simple as “i asked for a blue car and it is not blue”.

Individual players aren’t in a position to state objectively how bad the situation is across the entire player base.

What we can do is advise EHG when we experience an issue and let the people with the rest of the data, the right skillset and the right tools address the issue as best they can as quickly as they can.

It’s also the other way round. Everytime somebody posts his experience with lags and rubber banding, somebody joins in and says “It’s fine for me. So it must be a ‘you’ problem”.

You’re not doing anybody a favor by playing down issues that people have.

3 Likes

We need to start recording our screen every single minute when we playing Last Epoch so maybe they’ll start to believe us :joy:

Seriously, I’ve seen a few posts (very few) where some players were lucky enough that while streaming they could record a clip with the bug.
But not everyone can do it.

I would never begrudge somebody who wanted to report their issues constructively and respectfully. I even acknowledged the OPs frustration as I have acknowledged the frustration of others.

I’ve experienced issues at times myself when playing solo and on groups. Nothing so significant as to merit a report. Lucky me I guess.

Theres a difference between downplaying and acknowledging the complexity of the situation and asking others to do the same.

If I went to my doctor with a sore arm and said I think I have some bone issues, I’d be concerned if he immediately jumped to conclusions about the cause. A doctors job is to gather evidence and make an evidence-based probabilistic diagnosis and treatment plan.

We are the patients, Last Epoch is a sore arm and EHG are the doctors.

Thankfully the doctors dont seem to have given up on us yet. Its a process and we’ll get there in the end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wanna hear something wick wack?

Wolcen’s servers are more stable than this.

Nope, being an abusive partner in a relationship doesn’t mean that one can say that one is being abusive because you love your partner.

Yup, been there, done that.

Comparing real life to complaining about a video game is meaningless.

We are talking about a video game and the complaints of gamers.
If the complaints are right, wrong or too many that must be decided by the developers.

I repeat: complaining is right but in the right way.
But it must be done.
If “normal” people don’t like it (by normal I mean who are not moderators or developers)…they are not forced to read.

But neither you nor me nor anyone else can stop people from complaining.
Unless you can delete others’ comments, can you?

I’m done here, I said what I thought.
Have a nice day :smiley:

I agree with the intent of the post. I was also a little baffled when the issues presented in the patch notes as fixed were still being reported.

For example with the data loss issues happening the patch notes explicitly mentioned things might not be fully fixed as there are multiple variations of the big, but the other points were presented as fact.

I think there should probably be more care into the phrasing of those patch notes to represent the current state of things. As we move further along into 0.9’s patch cycle is when the developers can be more sure of their fixes. But the OP is right, things like these can easily bring a bad reputation as a player who may be experiencing one of the “fixed” issues will feel even worse off if you tell them it’s fixed before they play and that doesn’t end up true for them.

Hi Ekler,

I am part of the quality assurance department at Eleventh Hour Games. I am sorry for your negative experience, and I completely understand your frustration. I play in multiplayer with a co-worker almost every day and I too run into bugs. I am not kidding when I say even when I play casually off the clock I am still navigating the game with the intent to find ways that we can improve user experience.

I want you to know that I take my job very seriously, along with every other Last Epoch QA. We love the game as much as everyone else here and want to provide the best experience for players (including ourselves when we play casually).

That all being said, the problems are you are encountering cannot be understated for their complexity and manpower terms of addressing. Rubberbanding is one of those examples. Rubberbanding is a server/client issue that we are actively investigating and attempting to resolve, and we appreciate your continued patience as we work through these types of problems internally. I know it’s hard as an outsider to see but I firmly want to assure you that we are actively working very hard daily to improve your multiplayer experience and will continue to do so going forward.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Learn to read :

Point 6 and 7 if it’s a bit long for you.

After reading this thread, I think we all know why.

Saying things don’t appear to be fixed is perfectly legitimate feedback. But making inflammatory statements about bad QA isn’t constructive. For one, it might not be fixed for you, it might not be fixed for some, but it very well MIGHT be fixed for me and for others. They said they fixed a bug that was causing these things. As already pointed out there might be other bugs behind that one that might still cause it in other situations that they didn’t know about until the first one was fixed.

Gamers have no patience. Demonstrated by wanting them to hurry up and then telling them when patience run out. No matter how fast the fix it, no matter how many new bugs it may uncover a vocal minority of gamers will gripe about it. That’s hardly a litmus test for how good EHGs QA is.

And I do not know why it needs to be iterated over and over with folks, this is still an OPEN BETA. This is the EXACT reason an open beta is for. It’s quite literally the defininition: Find bugs. Squash. Find more bugs. Squash. To find bugs, no matter how many there are, no matter how many times they rear their head. Sure it can be frustrating but that’s why it’s important to work on it, and uncover as many as possible, in open beta.

For every person who posts in a patch thread, thanking a developer for fixing bugs, and making their game playable, there will be just as many people being upset that the bugs exist and hinder their gaming experience, in the first place.

It brings balance to the development cycle…

1 Like

Uh… How dare there are people appreciating the work of others. Let’s please come to a more effective work atmosphere:

• No rant already means praising
  • Rant the hell out of issues to show how much you care for the product
1 Like

Absolutely. But also:

The key part is:

OP confused “we are working on it and want to address it in a patch next week” with “these bugs are fixed”.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s pretty brutal.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.