You have serious QA problems or

Why to announce that something is fixed if its not.
Rubber band bug not fixed.
Julra swap zone bug not fixed.
Ping indicator lying about actual ping.
The bad thing you announce in patch notes that first 2 of the above issues fixed.
Is it bad QA?
Saying something is fixed, that is not fixed can lead to serious reputation problems

1 Like

The traffic was low so I told my wife I would be home by 6.

On the way home, there was a traffic accident.

My wife lambasted me for being late.

I guess it was my fault I didn’t predict every possible thing that could go wrong which might prevent me from getting home on time

5 Likes

So you’re saying that it’s wrong to complain about someone of saying that a issue was fixed because that issue is still there BUT was actually caused by “an unforeseeable event” and so it’s not their fault?
WUT?

its more like this:
On the way home, there was a traffic accident.
my navigator suggested me another way.
But i didn’t listen and continued the same road.
So yes its your fault.

Now serious: Lately the quality and speed of development was under average expectations.
11 hous had plenty of time on multiplayer patch.
The thing is that even most players play solo (because grouping seems too buggy now) they still experience massive lag, long loading times and rabber band issues. And Rabber band is not something new in game world. So it could be solved way faster.

I think they didn’t expect so much “success” and so there was a huge influx of players and as a result many problems were founded.
Of course no one is implying that they don’t give a damn or don’t know what the problem is here.

But as a player you could say: “What do I care? I paid and I want to play”.
I think it could be helpful if they give a kind of “timeline fix”.
And I think that only in that case if it weren’t respected could the complaints be justified.

But I think that maybe it’s too complicated to do it, I really don’t know.

Nope.

I’m saying that software development is like the highway. You can’t always predict the traffic.

One cause of a symptom may not be the only cause.
Not all bugs are equal and they dont all take the same amount of time and effort to resolve.

My wife might be angry and frustrated i was late, but if she lambasts me for something which isnt completely within my control, what does that achieve?

3 Likes

Don’t say that something is fixed , if its not.
Am i asking too much?

Thats pure speculation - you cant possibly know why most players play the mode they want to play. Unless youve taken a significant poll of the playerbase, you can only speak for yourself.

Again, pure speculation.

I have experienced very minimal issues in both solo and multiplayer play.

Actually, in software terms, you are. They said they fixed a bug that caused an issue. They didn’t say they fixed all bugs that cause that same issue.

I understand that you’re frustrated. I have no doubt other people are, but what do you hope to achieve by your post?

3 Likes

I don’t need to take any poll.
Just go on twitch or youtube and see how ‘great’ group playing experince is now.
Same about massive lag, long loading times and rabber band issues.
You try to defend devs by saying that you have minimal issues - weak argument.
If something that was claimed fixed is not fixed is clear indication of poor QA work at least.
You may have hard time fixing bug. But QA have all the tools to decide if it fixed or not.

Maybe there was a screw up in QA. Who knows.

What I am saying is that from my almost 20 years of professional experience, software and computing is vastly more complicated than you believe and present it.

What I am saying is that throwing rocks won’t make any bug fix come sooner or with a higher degree of quality.

Lets say your car engine light came on and you took it to the mechanic. He rings you and says the timing belt is wrecked and he needs to get the part. So, he replaces that and you take your car back.

The next day, you are out driving and the engine light comes on.

Do you ring the mechanic and tell him that his quality assurance is bad, or maybe he just wants a bad reputation? Does that get your car fixed?

Of course, maybe he did miss something. But maybe not, maybe it only showed up after that other thing was fixed and the 15 minute test drive wasn’t enough to detect the issue.

I can tell you one thing. You car isn’t fixed and it isn’t getting fixed any faster while you’re chewing his ear off.

Heres my suggestion.

When you ring your mechanic, express your feelings of frustration in a constructive manner and from a position of empathy. Both parties will be better off.

Hell, your car might even get fixed

1 Like

What many players hope is that the developers hurry up to fix the problems because the game is good…and that’s a good thing.
And when patience runs out there we go, we have posts in the forum.
It’s a way to “release tension”, as:“Please, I love your game and I wanna play in a better way but I don’t wanna wait so long!”.

So complaining is like…praising them for their good work.

It’s useless? Maybe yes.
It’s justifiable? Yes.

1 Like

Frustration is totally understandable.

But, let’s be clear here.

As per above, the original post is directed at the QA department and asks if QA is bad (i.e. are bad at their jobs?)

It then suggests that they have lied and goes on to say that lying can lead to a bad reputation.

These are people at the other end of the wires.

You appear to be trying to justify lambasting another human being as “releasing tension”.

I’m a parent. I have two young kids and they fucking drive me up the wall. Sometimes I yell at them out of frustration.

I can admit that i have done that. I can even accept that i have done that. But I would never try to justify it. Its just a shitty thing to do.

2 Likes

If this is what you mean, then this is what you should say.

You misunderstood me, I’m sorry for that.
I wasn’t talking about the specific post but “the complaint posts in general.”

It’s true, people can often be aggressive.
The post becomes more offensive in relation to the quality of the game.
More good a game is and more aggressive and offensive the complaints could be.
And it’s wrong.
The reason is justifiable, not the way.

Do you two ned somebody from the outside to tell you this leads nowhere? Op is all “Do your job!” and answers are “It’s not as easy as you think!” and nothing else moved in this thread. There won’t be a change of oppinion on the matter because both sides stick to their standpoints. Just let the thread die and the OP back frustrated because it seems to be his choice to be this way.

clears his throat inhales And a one and a two and a a…

“99 little bugs in the code.
99 little bugs in the code.
Take one down, patch it around,
127 little bug in the code…”

*sings on while leaving this dumps… discussion behind.

1 Like

Are we talking directly to you?
No, so what? If this post doesn’t lead to anything for you, why did you waste time reading and commenting?
:sweat_smile:

You even wasted time writing a little song, which I don’t even waste time reading.

Thinking that someone’s thought is useless (because it leads nowhere) is an arrogant thought.
I don’t know you, and you don’t know us.
If you want to say something constructive do it or just don’t do it.
Have a nice day

Defenitely NOT pure speculation. I played in 3-4 man parties a lot since MP released. And these issues are real. There are some better days and some worse. But the moment we go into monolith with 4 people we know that the game will stutter, rubber band and lag like hell. On better days we chew it. On worse days people will just leave and play solo again.

I read your post.

I thought “man’s right i should get a beer”.

I discovered I ran out of beer.

I think my wife drank it.

:scream:

1 Like

Ah, but is it most? Or is it some? Or a few?

We are on the wrong side of the servers to know for sure.

Now, where’s my vodka.

Tonight it happened also to me (but just tonight, other nights not).
Loadings were much longer (something like 20-30 seconds) and randomly I had a lot of latency (for 2-3 seconds…almost freeze).
I think it’s really random but it’s not a speculation because…it happens.

EDIT: Im playing in EU WEST with 46-50 ms.