Wrouk's Manifest Armor Forge Guard , Tankiest Build In The Game, Last Epoch Build Guide

YouTube Build Guide : Wrouk's Manifest Armor Forge Guard , Tankiest Build In The Game, Last Epoch Build Guide | Patch 8.1c - YouTube

Last Epoch Build Planner : Forge Guard, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.1e) - Last Epoch Build Planner

7 Likes

after 700 hours of testing manifest armor builds its finally here :smiley:

Happy to answer any questions.

4 Likes

Did you try DW? You’d have

• slightly lower crit chance due to not being able to DW Raider Axes (15% crit on a Raider axe + 2 Slayer’s prefixes v 17% on a Ranseur with 1 Slayer prefix),
  • higher flat damage from a Raider Axe & Deicide sword (48 + 28 + 53 + 28 = 157 v 131 for a Ranseur)
  • significantly higher increased melee minion damage (122% x2 = 244% v 160%)
  • either slightly higher shred chance (2x 96% = 192% v 176%) or lower shred plus an additional defensive affix such as Frailty or Chill
  • higher attack speed (base attack speed of 1.16 v 0.97 for a Ranseur)

Edit: Maybe also a “of Sword Mastery” prefix on the chest if you did DW for 20 flat phys (doubled to 40).

1 Like

Hey yeah, i did tried it, the 17% base crit on polearm + 5% minion base crit = 22% crit chance x 360% increased crit chance from a perfect rolled gloves (90% x4) makes it 101.2% crit chance thus critting every hit, while with raider axxes you will end up with 92%.

this build is meant for you to be as tanky as possible so duel wielding will have you take 12% more dmg aswell.

the affixes that give flat dmg based on what wep you using dont work on the manifest armor currently.

Quick question: why take the huge drawback that comes with Suloron’s Step? Aren’t there many other unique boots that can easily match their movement speed, or even a well-crafted pair? Am I missing something? Is it more about the Melee Crit Multiplier? Thanks.

It is ALL about the crit multi.

Your manifest gets the bonus FOUR times.
So a perfect roll adds 400% crit multi

The boots are the key item that skyrockets the damage of the build

2 Likes

Yeah the crit multi on the boots is what pushes the dmg tru the roof

I am having problems picking up decent crit Gloves and Ranseur at the moment. In this situation would I better to ignore the crit-based build and go for pure damage, so perhaps a different 2-hander that can deliver more flat damage like a Kraken Beak?

yeah you can focus on non crit till you find a good ranseur and crit gloves, you can also use crit implicit chest piece and or amulet if you have a low rolled crit gloves.

Nice build, i made one similar tho a non-crit/high attack speed version instead. I might try this one out too.

Im curious if you have tried the Sunforged Cuirass out in your build (in my build it gives approximately the same damage outcome as 2xT5 damage prefixes) because of the up to 500 armor affix it has which is 50 extra flat damage for Manifest. It will also mean 1k more armor for both you (with Juggernaut stance) and the Manifest which might make up for the missing life suffixes.

Amulet wont help the Manifest crit, right? And my own crit chance is irrelevant.

manifest armor uses stats from your chest gloves boots and helmet so any crit chance on there will aply to him aswell, and there is a amulet base type wich can roll up to 35% minion crit chance

hey its a decent item you can run till you have a crafted chest but it does actually a lot less dmg as we already have so much flat dmg so the % increased dmg is better in this case.

you will lose alot of hp aswell and with the amount of DR sources we have the armor cant make up for that

1 Like

Ah ok thanks, was hoping it would have been almost just as good, as i dont really have a good rolled chest on my ssf char. Guess its time to go hunt for one.

1 Like

Wrouk, have you looked at the shield throw version of this build ? Do you think it’s worth ditching vengeance for more AOE?

Going shield throw version means you lose the 25% DR from hammer and anvil stance aswell as the DR and phys/armour shred from vengeance, but you do gain quite alot of armor by going shield throw, better clear speed due to aoe and you are ranged. so if you prefer faster clear than going shield throw route is fine but if you want to be tankier and do more single target dps then vengeance is the way to go IMO.

1 Like

Very nice, someone with a clue.
→ I have a few questions, maybe you could answer them (would be nice).

Would “40% less Damage Taken While Moving” from Wings of Argentus - Unique Gladiator Armor - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database work while running?
(Would it stack?)

Or “15% Less Damage Taken while wielding a Two Handed Melee Weapon” from Titan Heart - Unique Copper Plate - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database?
(Would it stack?)

What about “+(17-25)% Chance to cast Fire Aura when hit (1 second cooldown)” from Dark Shroud of Cinders - Unique Copper Plate - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database?
(Would it stack?)

Annotation: Boardman's Fallacy - Set Oak Armor - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database looks quite good too, in terms of health and health regen.

Is “100% Chance to use Earthquake after using a Non-Channelled Movement Ability” from Items - Last Epoch Item Database working? (with Dash Boots on Tree)

Sorry if it’s too much. Kind regards.

Yes.

Yes, though any “less damage taken” modifiers are multiplicative with each other (so you take 40% less from Wings of Argentus, then 15% less from that reduced value).

That should work, yes, though whether it gets the 400% bonus is another question entirely.

That’s Primalist only.

Should work, yes. It’d be amusing if the Manifest Armour’s Whirlwind counted. :smiley:

If I put on Wings of Argentus - Unique Gladiator Armor - Body Armour - Last Epoch Item Database and fully skill “Platemail” in the skill tree of “Manifested Armor” (4/4), wouldn’t that be

a) 100 - 40 [calculation: 100 / 100 * 40] = 60
b) 60 - 24 [calculation: 60 / 100 * 40] = 36
c) 36 - 14.4 [calculation: 36 / 100 * 40] = 21.6

; at least when Manifested Armor is in motion?
→ So he would only get 21.6% of the total damage.

Or am I calculating wrong?

That was a good one. (laughing at himself)

Should be tested once. :+1:

EDIT: Apparently there are no such limitations (as I had imagined in my mind’s eye); good to know, thanks.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

I would assume that would be how it works if the Armour inherits the 40% less damage taken affix.

Unfortunately no, the Manifest Armour doesn’t inherit that affix. :frowning: