Upgraded to 5090… lowered all possible settings… did everything I could find from the internet. I now have fps dropping to 10 from act 1, not on high hit build, not with dense mob. It’s now pure frustration.
///////////////////////////////////////
Logging to the forum the first time for this question, will we get dlss or some alike performance improvement?
I started playing in early access with a 3090 at 4k, everything was so smooth. Ever since official launch, fps has been getting worse and worse. I start with 120+ in town at 4k and drop to 60ish in mononith, and after some time of playing, it can drop to digit.
I am really enjoying current season, tons of qol I lile.. but this performance thing is kinda ruining it (and skills too bright might be another).
I don’t know if there’s a link. There’s probably an answer to this on their discord server. I just know because I’ve watched Mike’s stream when he was asked about it and he said that the new Unity version they upgraded to allows for this and that they’re working on adding it.
No details on when that might be, though.
As for the badges, sometimes they don’t get added to the forums. I’m currently missing one I bought this season as well. Contact them via https://support.lastepoch.com/ and ask for them to be added.
March 2026 - When are we getting DLSS support to help with the performance as the game gets more and more detail added (looking better and better), but can really lag in large combat scenarios. Any updates on this at all?
This might not help everyone but it’s helped a lot of people I’ve suggested to in global. Lock AA to off in your video card settings as they’ll generally over ride in game. It gave me a big jump in FPS doing this during a lot of testing, actually it made the game look a bit nicer which is kinda the opposite of what it’s supposed to do I guess, hah but yah I suggest trying it to those who need a few more fps
Specs : I’ve got a Ryzen 5 7500 so nothing spectacular and a MSI 4060 which was pretty cheapalmost 2 years ago when I got it I’m running most settings in high/ultra the lowest it drops is around 40-50 when I map with a spamming falconer and someone else warpathing generally in town it sits 100+ and when I’m mapping alone its 80+
DLSS is the global package of a variey of features you want to use or not depending of what is supported by the game engine, nvidia gpu generation and DLSS dll of the game which you can update with tools like DLSS swapper.
In my case, I play other games in DLAA (which means no upscale but enrich the original source with neuronal network of Nvidia)) + Frame generation 2x which is enough even if I can even use multiframe generation.
The engine of LE has been updated, not to the latest version but it should be enough to have at least a far better experience with any DLSS or DLAA you will be able to use.
Noone put 1k€+ in a gpu with an entry cpu which can lead to a dramatic cpu bottleneck.
However it’s always the same kind of people who is always spitting on nvidia…
The problem that LE has, is that the bottleneck doesn’t tend to be the gpu, so adding features to make it run more efficiently on a particular brand of gpus isn’t going to change people’s fps much.
you can use DLSS ultra performance preset, so the game is rendered in a very low resolution and then upscaled to the resolution you set, which a solution.
and if it’s still not enough you should play in a lower resolution.
You should be happy to know that what we asked is finally coming.
and one day you will be able to refresh your hardware…
Yup, I have no problem with EHG adding functionality supported by more modern gfx cards, hopefully they’ll also add the AMD equivalent as well. I just don’t know how much benefit a system using a 20/30/40/50 series card would get by using DLSS given LE isn’t particularly gfx card limited (as the devs have said on many occasions). How much benefit to the cpu/network is there by LE rendering the game at a lower res & then upscaling?
But yes, it’s a good thing to be added.
Have they said which version they’ll be adding/supporting?
in a previous patch notes from june 2025 : unity 6 is mentionned, but we don’t know the actual version of this engine in LE.
However you can see in patch notes of unity 6 engine that they support up to the latest generation of the SDK 310.5
(even Diablo IV devs, always late on this topic, updated DLSS to version 310.5.2 with the actual Season 12 since last week)
So my guess is, since EHG is doing right things, they will use the latest SDK version of DLSS 310.5.x which will perfectly close this topic, even if they will have to keep it updated on the long term and/or let us do it intermediate updates manually and locally with tools like DLSS swapper I mentionned before.
We will have the answer immediately after updating LE with the patch for S4 next week.
I think it would be better to unlock the DLSS package before a major update. It’s better to ask the community to test it during a “in between 2 seasons” period than at a season start.
Once again we’ll know when the next patch lands for the S5 in a few days.
Just in case you wanted to know how difficult adding DLSS is to Unity (it isn’t). This is like a day of work for a single developer. Adding the package and enabling it on game camera is minutes. Most work would be adding it into Options menus and making sure the code enables the correct preset when choosing it from the dropdown.
I really don’t get it, some communication would be nice.
The answer is that they’re always working on it. Low-key getting tired of the many “we’re working on it” things that have been" “worked on” for years now.
The expansion is imho last chance to deliver or people just forget about the game and it’s many undelivered promises.
Edit: Here’s a timestamp, as always a full confidence maybe which is downgrade from a yes from years ago. https://youtu.be/FEc3D6mTw4g?t=4619
A company of 100+ people that struggles to add a custom cursor to their game is not a good sign either.
Edit edit: Ohgod, don’t tell me that’s the excuse. Windows Store Apps? The game isn’t even on there. Unity - Scripting API: Cursor
Unity got a whole cursor API and, again, writing a software cursor is a day tops for a junior developer. The API has 1 method, I want to cry.
I legit shouldn’t have looked into this, there’s just no excuse to not having these features in.
This again? There are already several threads explaining why Unity doesn’t actually allow this. Or rather, there is a way where Unity does allow this, but it causes huge mouse lag.
The Unity page you showed has been linked many many times by “google programmers” and it’s not a solution.
Also, because you don’t seem to be aware of it, making a custom cursor is easy and LE already does it. The cursor you’re using is a custom one. What Unity makes really really hard to do cleanly is having a customized cursor for the same action that is different from each player.
But “google programmers” gonna “google program” and then judge real programmers by it. Surprised you didn’t suggest vibe coding.