Will maps ever stop resetting the second you leave the zone?

So the only thing that is still sticking out as a sore thumb to me prior to launch is that whenever you leave a zone the map resets immediately. Other games there is usually a 5/10/15 etc window where the map/zone won’t reset and repopulate. I remember way back before multiplayer was added they discussed it was a bug or would be fixed once multiplayer was added. However I’m still seeing it. Is this a 1.0 fix, is it still scheduled to be addressed, or is this just how it will be permanently? It’s not a game breaker but more or less a “be nice to have” kind of think. It’s mildly annoying sometimes at most, but it would still be nice to have it addressed.

9 Likes

Not sure. I believe EHG has tried to fix this. But nothing they have tried seems to solve this issue.

It’s on their lost of thongs to fix since it’s not the intended functionality. When it happens is another kettle of fish entirely though.

You should be more careful with your thongs.

5 Likes

Hey, no kink shaming!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up at least that means hopefully it will be fixed one day.

1 Like

I’ve heard this complaint many times and always find it is people going to town to sell loot, which is a pointless waste of time. I can’t imagine any other situation where this “bug” actually matters to normal gameplay. I never leave and return to a zone except maybe a couple times during the campaign, and the zone resetting doesn’t matter at all.

2 Likes

You can hear it plenty of times and just because you think it’s not a problem doesn’t mean others do not. For those that like to explore the whole map and clear every nook and crannie it is a problem. For those with not a ton of time to clear a zone and have to go back to it in the same play session only to have to clear it again it’s a problem. Different people want different things. It’s been talked about numerous times by the dev’s whether you think it’s a problem personally or not. I’ve come back after awhile away and wanted to ask about it because I care about it. You don’t good for you. Why even respond, if you don’t care about it, other than to start arguments then? Either way it will eventually be fixed or it won’t. But there will be people like me reminding them occasionally about it whether you personally like it or not.

9 Likes

I think he was simply saying going back to town to sell loot is a waste of time currently, 40 shekels for my entire inventory just aint worth it. I agree with him, but at the same time, its fucking annoying as hell in some maps. Good luck with incoming attacks as you return as an hc character!

Will it be fixed? Who knows, its been this way since from the very first alpha we played. LE is an amazing game, but getting spawn camped takes away a bit of polish. At the very least, edit the minimum radius mobs need to be away from waypoints, these should always be safe spots.

1 Like

You get a period of invulnerability because of the load times. As long as you don’t move you’re invulnerable. The only problem is if you have a minion because they break that invulnerability. They probably shouldn’t break it and shouldn’t attack/be attacked until you move.
I’ve often loaded zones to minions already having killed mobs. I didn’t even see them fighting.

2 Likes

Thank you, I meant to mention minions in that ramble. Thats why I think enemies should have default placements far enough out that allow the player to avoid these situations. Im no programmer, but that seems much easier to implement and more so an effective possible idea.

PoE does this very well. They are borrowing ideas from LE for PoE2, maybe ask Chris pretty please for his scripting. Imagine The Shaper in LE, and you always respawn in the bubble phase, but your minions piss him off and you cant even blink to the bubble :skull_and_crossbones:

Having minions not break immunity is a better solution for when instances don’t reset anymore. You can also see this in PoE. If you make a portal somewhere in the map, with mobs around you, when you return you’re invulnerable until you move (or the time limit for it ends). Creating safe zones won’t fix this issue.

I mean, dont you think thats one of the handful of things EHG has tried from alpha until now? This has to be a D4, loading the entire servers stash in town level problem. Minions are not my playstyle, but it affects a lot of builds. When I port to a waypoint, I better not lose my hc character because I had some major ass itch, and I ripped in the interim.

Let me scratch my ass please.

We are told for years that this is unintended and they will fix it. Sadly nothing has happend. I hate the mob respawn no matter if I tp to town because I take a dump or to answer the door or whatever. A tp should never be a negative thing in my eyes but repoping the whole zone is simply a very bad thing. I can life with it but it feels realy bad.

4 Likes

This feels very much like the problem of children to going to the loo before a long journey. You know there’s going to be a long journey/load screen, scratch your arse before you leave.

3 Likes

I want to spit hot fire at you, but sadly, you are correct :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s mildly inconvenient, true. I learned to work around this, but sometimes I just cba to return to town to sell my full inventory, so I just stop picking up items and TP to the town once I reach the area exit/portal.

What does wanting to explore an entire zone have anything to do with the zone resetting? Why do you need to leave and how would returning affect this exploration in any way? I ask these questions and point out the loot selling thing because these are things that new players don’t understand due to a history of doing things a certain way in other games. Selling loot is not how you get gold efficiently in LE, unlike most other RPGs. Once you are past the campaign, which is just a tiny part of the game, you no longer ever return to zones you have left. That’s why this is so low priority and for the most part a non-issue.

You are right, different people want different things. But you haven’t given an actual argument for why the zone resetting on return actually does anything impactful to your gameplay. You don’t even need to kill anything, you can just run through if monster respawn bothers you.

3 Likes

I do explore fully every zone when I play the campaign (I stop doing that in monos). The bit actually annoying me is the MAP resetting when I leave, I don’t mind the monsters reappearing. And I agree, there is no reason whatsoever to leave the zone, except real-life emergencies, not super-frequent and clearing a map again is a matter of a few minutes. But if you walk close to the edge you get sucked out by the exits (something that would need fixing much more than the zones resetting), and you have lost your exploration when you come back, which can be annoying (I always walk close to the edge to find secret areas).

An extremely important point, I completely agree. We are all shaped by what we have played before.
That’s why most new players will try and go back to town to sell stuff, which is pointless in Last Epoch.
And that’s why I don’t mind the monsters resetting, I have played thousands of hours in MMOs where monsters respawn on a timer (as in, go afk in the wild to scratch your arse or answer the doorbell, you’re toast). Finding everybody alive again when I come back feels perfectly normal to me.

The one and only valid argument I have seen is having to go afk for any reason.
But as I said I don’t really see it as a problem, because a huge proportion of the games I play work that way.

tldr: give me a permanent map. Monsters can keep respawning.

1 Like

Actually, if it’s your first character, selling stuff for the first few levels is somewhat useful so you can afford to buy new weapons at the vendor.
After that, yes, it becomes useless.

Actually, there’s another reason, one that happened to a friend of mine (even though it happened to him in an echo and not the campaign, the point still applies):
-You saw a unique/exalt whatever drop and wanted to pick it up but died. When you go back, it’s not there anymore. If zones didn’t reset, you could just walk back and pick it up.

1 Like