Why I've quit the game

Long post- feel free to skip it if you like - Disclaimer : This is just my opinion- how I see things- thank you for your time.

TL:DR - i think if you have run “several” characters up to that level of Corruption , and enjoyed your time getting there- the game has served its purpose… hours of entertainment - so I congratulate you on “beating” the game-

I have not put 1000s hours into the game- in the last week or so since i got it - I’ve put in like 130 or so , leveled a few (3) chars to monoliths- and played with the empowered and corruption a bit before going “I wonder if id like this class” or “I wanna try a build this way” and went off to start a new toon

I noticed the topic starter talk about 1000 corruption- being too overpowered- its 1000 corruption , its GOING to by the nature of of math be overpowered and hard as hell- you SHOULD run the risk of getting 1 shot by any “rare” mob you come across- - why? - Because you have scaled the difficulty up yourself to that level - and honestly I am pretty sure id get toasted by 250-300-

Now- that said- If I understand it right basically “Loot level” scales with corruption , and there are two things about this - 1) its basically magic find- anyone recall what magic Find was like in other ARPGS - you were squishy , did jack all dmg- and ran with a team in the hopes of getting a last hit so that your 1000 magic find would kick - and you might get that SoJ - or Mirror- or Unique from Titan Quest-
and 2) At some point- prolly well less then 1000 magic find - you have become redundant due to diminishing returns- you are dropping the best of the best of the best (sir) loot- well earlier then that- you have surpassed the “endgame” - and gone into “Hell” mode- where its not about the loot- its about the fact you can do it, and did it-

I think the idea of Corruption is that you decide your “endgame” - if you can run at 750 corruption , and that is your “sweet spot” - that’s your endgame - you try and hold it around the area where its challenging to you and your build and your getting what you feel is a good shot at rewards.

The same can be said if you think 200 Corruption is good for you- yes - your loot drops might not be as good them at 400 Corruption and obviously takes you longer to get what someone at 700 corruption might get in 1 run- But running up to 1000 corruption seems to me to be more a bragging right for your build - vs - being a place to ‘farm’ -

But you should not be upset or complain that you are getting killed, or that stuff up there is too strong- its like saying “I wanna fight Bruce Lee” - and then complaining when you get kicked in the face by him . It’s Bruce Lee- obviously he was going to kick you in the face- its kind of what he does.

At 1000 corruption … one shot attacks, and crazy strong modifiers are kinda what they do -

Somewhere above was my post and video, which shows that loot drops 300 corruption is no different from 1200+

Somewhere above was my post in which I explained that people storming the infinite monolith understand better than others what infinite complexity is. No one is complaining about Bruce Lee here. Here they express a misunderstanding of how it happened that before the fight with Bruce Lee, your hands are tied.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.