Why is Lagon still unfixed after years?

Doesn’t make it any better…

1. I understand the game is still in “BETA” but that cannot be used as an excuse once the game moves out of BETA into a launch product and after 3+ years it’s STILL a problem that does not bode well for this ever being fixed.

2. If they want to just leave campaign lagon as it fine you can eventually beat it but the monolith version MUST be either FIXED or REMOVED because it hinders the endgame progression completely simple as that and recommending this game post a 1.0 if this is still an issue will hurt the games word of mouth period…

I was in love with this game until I got to lagon monolith completely killed my desire to play further

3 Likes

Although I have the fury leap or warcry that makes my primalist invulnerable I take damage and I don’t quite understand how.
Especially with waves that have a…“rng” hitbox :joy:

exactly and I paid for this “BETA” experience and I totally understand that however if this hasn’t been fixed in 3+ years he needs to be removed from AT LEAST endgame progression

Playing Sentinel with Smite/Fissure with Movement node and the single-Javeling Auto-Casting Smite. None of my skills hit him, its really, really frustrating.

Just came here to tell thats a horrible new player experience and should be TOP priority to fix and not take three years. First and last post here ever.

2 Likes

Mike recently addressed this and I believe he said the person that would tackle fixing Lagon is currently working on the unreleased masteries?

Regardless of the exact reason, it really isn’t a great look to have a major boss of the game in such a state for so long. I’m really surprised that they’ve been OK with it being a meme for so long.

1 Like

Yeah, it is really hard to comprehend why they are so incapable and stubborn when it comes to addressing this issue. They seem really proud of this boss for some reason when the “boss on a ledge” fight is not an original idea by a long shot. It is not even a very hard fight for builds that are not broken against it.

The real problem is this monolith has “must have” blessings for many builds. It seems a simple solution would be to swap the blessings with a monolith that just has drop rate blessings until they can fix the boss. You can create an alt to farm for the exclusive gear drops that you might need but you can’t create an alt to farm for blessings for another build that you need.

1 Like

Because it’s not a trivial fix (no matter what the armchair devs seem to think), they may not want to completely scrap the boss fight and make a new one from scratch, which is likely what it would require, and they’ve had other priorities competing for limited resource.

1 Like

If you read my post, I was not suggesting fixing or scrapping the boss to address the issue. I was suggesting swapping the blessings with another monolith with worthless blessings so you could skip this boss if it is broken for your build. Then if they ever get around to fixing it (which I am not confident they ever will) they can then swap the blessings back.

The bottom line is it is not a good look to have a major boss so broken that impacts so many builds for so long with no ETA for a fix. I was just suggesting they start looking at alternative band-aids to use until they finally decide to make this a priority.

2 Likes

Yes, and that sounds fair enough which is why I didn’t reply to it.

I guess Liath wasn’t joking when she said Lagon is unpredictable.

1 Like

That’s about it. From a technical perspective in general, is better to fix everything and then move on, because bugs and inconsistencies can carry over into other parts of the game.

They have their priorities, the game functioning properly is not as high as it should.

We have quite a bit of bugged passives in classes, idols not working at all, mechanics not working in MP, character sheet not working properly in MP. Skills not behaving properly in MP. But lets add some new sounds to the drops…

1 Like

This fight has terrible pathing(and small combat area)lots of one shots with poor telegraphing, works poorly with ground target, causes already bad pet ai to be worse, the list goes on?

1 Like

Ahh yes the Lagon fight. It is the worst… from his ridiculous high damage abilities he spams, some builds just can’t hit him with main dps skill or utilize their full dps cause of his horrible hit box. Honestly a quick fix would just reduce his max hp but a ton so the fight is just shorter. Or just replace his fight entirely with the more interesting Laith fight which was change/updated at some point but not Lagon’s.

1 Like

Of all the issues that Lagon has, there are many amd more since 0.9, poor telegraphing isn’t one of them.

He has 3 hard hitting abilities (the big circular aoe, a sweeping beam and, to a lesser extent, the non-sweeping beam), all of which are telegraphed very well. The big circular aoe has, you guessed it, a big circular moon aoe that fills up letting you know how long you have to move out of it. For the sweeping eye beam, his eye goes red, his head goes back and jiggles about then he sweeps his beam from roughly where you were when his eye went red to the nearest edge of the ledge. To get out of it you just need to run towards the other side. For the other beam, his eye goes red and he ducks down which is when you want to move sideways out of the beam.

2 Likes

Completely agree, fight is annoying but not hard by any means. Big health bar hard to deal damage but I don’t think I’ve died to lagon outside of getting distracted with second monitor content because I’m just standing to the side attacking lagon for 4 minutes.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this fight is much different than the Lightless Arbor boss. Have there been the same issues with that guy?

I never had an issue with Lagon. If I die, it’s usually on the add phase.

Lagon’s targeting is very bad. Also the lightless arbor boss you’re not actually damaging the off arena boss, it’s a waiting game then a clear boss target once you are inside.

Yeah, I had significant issues with Lagon until I understood the mechanics, then it was trivial (or the telegraphed attacks were at least).

I’m going through this now with my storm totem shaman (yes, I’m a masochist) and even though I know the mechanic, there is a level of randomness in how much he moves his head left/right just before he does the sweep eye beam that keeps getting me killed (5 times).

And I’m just not doing very much damage with the totem, tornados OR avalanche (which is my go-to when I’m trying to do quick damage) so I have many chances to observe the eye beam action. Not gonna lie, this fight is really annoying even when you know the tells (I wouldn’t say he follows any pattern).

Maybe more claw slams/single eye burst, less eye sweep when you getting around to fixing this. Or make him stop adjusting his head after his eye goes red.