Why does Seraph Blade not use Attack speed?

It seems really weird, selling Seraph Blade as a full melee conversion, to the point it even loses the spell tag and gains the melee tag, but still uses Casting Speed and not Attack speed. Has there been any official word on this being intended or not?

I know most people are using it with Cleric’s Hammer on a regular melee skill, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. I’ve been using Ensuing Fervour on judgement with Righteous Decree to smite for Righteous Flurry so I can cheat a bunch of extra cast speed out. No telling how much longer my jank will carry me in the monolith, but I’m determined to see it through.

1 Like

Healing Hands has a ton of bugs, for example Guardian’s Chant does nothing. Seraph Blade is supposed to make it scale with Attack Speed because the tooltip of the previous node says grants less attack speed if converted into a melee attack but it actually doesn’t scale.

Kain said it’s not supposed to scale with attack speed, that was one of my first questions…

That is not the question, we are not talking about channeled HH. Standard HH converted into melee still scales with cast speed. You can try, I have over 100% AS and it is still insanely slow but I get cast speed and it is much faster.

If it doesn’t scale with melee when converted to melee then that’s a Bug Reports.