What unique would you have made if you could afford the "Create a unique" (or if it was in stock)?

I have a few ideas:

• a unique that rerolls the definition of recently (normally 4s) 6-3s
  • an upgraded gambler’s fallacy that adds you next attack cannot miss if you haven’t hit recently
  • a weapon (raider axe) that letter Tempest strike scale with attack speed but you need to use 2 axes
  • a dragon themed unique that makes rotating through different elemental nuking skills better. It would look something like increases to fire/ice/lightning apply to the other elements if you used x element recently and gives a lot of each.

the flavor text sold me

no because it sets you MAX hp to 1, its basically going CI to use poe terms.

1 Like
1h weapon (lowest base possible) (Main hand only)
  • +1% attack speed per character level.
  • +1 physical damage per 2 character levels. (Maybe exclude this?)
  • +1% Poison, bleed, and ignite chance per character level.

I’m not aware of all types of uniques and their combinations in LE, but my objective would be having at least 1,5k constant ward with a peak 3k max ward. It would be a good compromise for not having life. Also, void resist could be for uncapped, but the overall power would have to be balanced so it’s not TOO powerful, so it would probably be capped void resist.

Draining mana would also be a good balancing tool for the unique. Maybe “Drain 1% of mana each second” or something like that.

Although it would be good to not overload the item, maybe take the % mana portion out and keep the rest.

I have/had [have rebuilt them, but items still available] a Mage and Acolyte, each with over 10.000 Ward [it was a goal for me, twice].

EDIT:

5.) Immanent Rebuke
→ Ring (Gold Ring — plus (5-18)% Elemental Resistance)

• Rebuke becomes permanent [toggle] and is no longer a channel ability.
  • You take (7,5-30) % more [no more damage reduction] damage while Rebuke is permanent activated.
  • All Rebuke enhancements within the skill tree only work at half strength [half values].
  • Plus (1-5) to Level of Rebuke
  • Minus (1-2] to Level of all other Skills
    ---------- Sentinel only ----------

6.) Arrow Grabber
→ Glove (Outcast Gloves — plus 21 Armor; plus (13-28)% Necrotic Resistance)

• All arrows from the Dark Quiver ability are automatically picked up.
  • Plus (20-40)% mana regeneration.
  • Plus (3-7) Vitality
  • Plus (1-3) to Level of Dark Quiver

7.) Tower Defense
→ Boots (Shrine Boots — plus 8 Armor and plus (10-13)% increased Movement Speed; 10% reduced Duration of Stuns Received.

• Ballista lasts twice as long.
  • After each (5-10) Ballista, it automatically casts Decoy to the nearest enemy in range.
  • Ballista summon limit plus (1-2)
  • Plus (1-3) to Level of Ballista
  • Plus (15-25) % increased Movement Speed
    ---------- Rogue only ----------
1 Like

wow such a awesome title and so many cool responses.
i was always wanting a unique that could reduce wraith health decay but that’s all going away next patch with wraith rework. no more boardman 500 wraiths,

lemme see,
as the game goes i think the most awesome unique most useful for everyone would be doesnt matter what gear piece theyd make it as.

a item that give a 10 - 50 percent as rolled effect of gain stability per empowered echo completed and or a second one that does the same for corruption gained in empowered echoes.

other alternative would be a unqiue that gave you 6 blessing reward choices per final echo boss completion or 25 percent boosted chance for their hardest to get unique item.

neat ideas but EHG’s philosophy avoids (so far) make you choose between power and magic find effects.

what do you mean by this?

the item would give you a 10 - 50 percent bonus to the stability you earn from completeing echoes.

1 Like

the first boss give a base unique bonus drop rate
i figured the last boss in empowered could give a similar empowered mon boss unique drop rate boost

oh, i thought it was item instability. I see it now but I dont like the idea. It would feel too mandatory to use for follow up characters.

I kinda like this idea though…

true so maybe it could also be a new blessing wed have to farm then

1 Like

heres another idea.
a off hand that gives necromancers 1 - 10 ward generated per active minion.

another one would be a helmet that gives 1 - 25 percent of necromancers active ward and or resisatnces to all minions.

this would be my favorite one.
a 3 set for necromancer.
well theres 2 sets.

first set
each piece would give your minions 25 percent damage reduction move speed attack speed damage for not having either skele skele mage or wraiths as active skills you cant equip those skills 1 for each set piece

the second set would would give the same bonuses tot he necromancer. but only 1 set can be used at a time if both were created

8.) Snap Spell Attack
→ Relict (Warding Tome — plus (14-40) Mana; (14-40)% of Mana Spent Gained as Ward)

• Snap Freeze no more guarantees 2 second freezes.
  • Base mana cost of Snap Freeze is 10 now.
  • Cooldown of Snap Freeze is 2 Seconds now.
  • Plus (1-3) to Level of Snap Freeze
  • Plus (50-150) % increased Spell Damage
  • Plus (5-25) Adaptive Spell Damage

9.) Hungering Souls Army
→ Relict (Warding Tome — plus (14-40) Mana; (14-40)% of Mana Spent Gained as Ward)

• Each permanent Minion copies your Hungering Souls spell when you cast it.
  • Base mana cost of Hungering Souls is doubled.
  • Your Minions take (1-4) % less damage for each Hungering Souls cast by you recently.
  • Minus (3-7) to Level of all Minion Skills [Tag].
  • Plus (25-50) % increased Mana Regeneration.
  • Minus (10-30) Adaptive Spell Damage. [maybe overall halved Base/Adaptive Spell Damage or something good for ballance Reasons]
  • Plus (25-80) Health.
    ---------- Acolyte only ----------

Don’t know enough about affix ranges yet to think of a balanced roll values but here we go:

Disco Inferno - Relic (Mage Only)

• Volcanic Orb’s shrapnel is replaced by a pulsating effect that applies fire aura every 1 second

• 50-150% chance to ignite enemies damaged by Volcanic Orb

• 30-50% to shred fire resistance on hit

• 50-75% increased fire damage

Thought it would be a fun punny relic that would give some love to volcanic orb

I love the idea of minus levels on an item in exchange for a big reward

Obviously the values would have to be messed with and all sorts of other balancing, but it would be something like this :smiley:

Unique Hermit Staff: Soulfang

Implicits:
14 Melee Damage
3-5 Adaptive Spell Damage
-3 Spell Mana Cost

• 8%-25% chance to summon a Spider Phantasm on spell hit

• Spider Phantasms have 100% melee splash for 4 seconds when you cast a Physical Spell (cannot exist with other buffs)

• Spider Phantasms have (10% - 100%) more damage for 4 seconds when you cast a Necrotic Spell (cannot exist with other buffs)

• Spider Phantasms have (10% - 100%) more movement speed for 4 seconds when you cast a Fire Spell (cannot exist with other buffs)

• 25% less Cast Speed

Spider Phantasms

Summon an invulnerable ghost spider to fight for you for a short duration

• Base Damage: 18 Necrotic

• Added damage scaling: 100%

• Max summon limit: 15

• Summon duration: 20 seconds

1 Like

without any of the benefits of CI that it, exanguinist/last steps may as well be CI anyways and give ward more easily

Just use Exsanguinous+
Last Steps of the Living if you want to gain a lot of ward while pushing your life really low. If you use Xithara’s Conundrum as well it makes your life go all the way to 1 and increases/stabalises the ward generation(because Exsanguinious and last steps scale off of MISSING health).

1 Like

But that’s the thing, i wanted to make an item that forced you to rely completely on your ward. Moreover, the design of my item goes, fundamentaly, against the design of Exsanguinous (you still need a high hp pool to gain good amounts of ward) and Last Steps of the Living (with only 1 max hp, i belive that if you equip those you’d die instantly, and if not, you’d still not get any ward).

The theme of the item itself is relying on mana to have a high ward count while being completely unable to rely on items that give life or interact with life, forcing you to build completely diferent front what you supposadely would. As i said before, you’d need to tweak it so it’s not overly powerful, but it would be a fun way to build your character.

1 Like