What does Critical vulnerability do?

Can anyone tell me what Critical Vulnerability does? Such as granted by the Critical Eye passive in Bladedancer. I can’t find it stated anywhere in game or on the web.

If you hold alt while hovering over the passive it should explain it, if Critical Eye doesn’t, the Marksman’s Wound Maker does.

It’s a debuff that increases your chance to crit the affected target by reducing its Crit Avoidance as well as adding 5% crit chance to any attacks that hit it.

Go to marksman tree, left button search “crit vulnerabilty”, than you get in second row, in the right sport the talent hightlighted.
NOw mouse over it, than press “alt” when mouse is over this talent, than you get tooltip to it.

1 stack of crit vulnerabilty adds +5% crit chance for you, and gives -10% crit defence for enemy. 100% crit defence menas, zero crit possible.

While it has the same effect as giving the player 5% crit chance, that’s not what it does. If it did do that then applying a stack of the debuff to one enemy would increase your crit chance against a different one which is not the case.

It only says it on Marksman tree, its absent from Bladedancer passive tree

Do we know how long one stack lasts?
Edit: Found it on Cinder Strike skilltree. 4 seconds.
@Vysirez thx for bringing it up, i added it into Community Game Guide

What would be the optimal way of hearing crit chance if you’re planning on taking critical vulnerability?

I’m currently using chakrams and trying to figure out how much crit to throw in the build when taking that passive.

The MS Marksman build I played before it only took the 50% in the passives below CV but it was also using flurry with it’s insane AS

My projectiles aren’t that fast or screen wide anymore

Crit vulnerability is best for builds that do lots of hits fairly quickly. Since it’s an ailment/debuff, you need to hit frequently to get enough stacks up & keep them up to really benefit from it. So slow hittting builds (like a channelled Puncture/Detonating Arrow) wouldn’t benefit from it much at all, as compared to a very fast hitting build (such as channelled Flurry).

Every “stack” of the debuff effectively adds 5% base crit to your crit chance (as well as reduces the target’s crit avoidance by a %).

I’d imagine that Chakram would benefit from it less than, say, Deadly Aim (all shurikens hit the same target).

1 Like

Thank you, your responses are always detailed and helpful.

My shadows should be able to apply CV as well right?

Yes, your shadows are extensions of your Rogue, they aren’t minions, therefore they will be able to apply everything that you can apply.

1 Like

I have a dumb question, with all these ailments that last 4 seconds like CV, as long as you are hitting even once within that window, the stacks continue to stay and don’t expire, correct?

No, each stack has it’s own duration. That’s why you need to hit frequently enough to apply new stacks as the old ones time out.

1 Like

Just for clarification, can Crit Vulnerability put the Crit Avoidance of an enemy into negatives? If so, what does that math for that look like?

Depends whether it’s additive or multiplicative, the wording isn’t clear, but either way I’d assume that it just takes it down to 0% crit avoidance & keeps it there.

Just to clear this up - will it indeed add 5% to my base crit instead of just adding 5% crit on top of my overall crit?

Example: 5% base crit, 500% increased crit chance → 30% crit chance
Now the enemy has one stack of crit vulnerability. Does it mean that my crit chance doubles to 60% (because I now have 10% base crit instead of 5%)? Or do I have only 35% crit chance against this enemy? I assumed it would be the latter, but now that you talk about base crit…

It doesn’t affect your crit chance on your character sheet, but yes, if you hit a mob that has 1 stack of crit vulnerability, your crit chance has an additional 5% base crit added to it (which is then affected by your % increased crit chance, as usual).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.