About cri vulnerability, confuse

In the Community Game Guide6.0 Ailmentsabout CV, states the CV +5% increased chance of damage taken as crit to enemies.
But in another earilier post(What does Critical vulnerability do? - #7 by EggBagel), LLAMA8 claims that Every “stack” of the debuff effectively adds 5% base crit to your crit chance (as well as reduces the target’s crit avoidance by a %), Which is then affected by your % increased crit chance.
upper topic was automatically closed so IDK if the CV has been changed or? I have to get this clear. Can someone help to explain?

Crit vulnerability hasn’t changed. Each stack is still equivalent to adding +5% base crit chance to you when you hit the affected target. There’s also a second element to the debuff where each stack reduces the crit avoidance stat of an affected target (zero by default but you can choose crit avoidance as a monolith modifier).

I think you misread or misunderstood what the guide says:

There is no contradiction between my posts about it & what that says. No part of crit vulnerability affects how much crit damage a mob takes, just whether they take a crit or not.

1 Like

I think I misunderstood the whole thing about your previous post about the CV.
So add base cri chance, simply just added after character’s true cri chance was being counted.
if my sheet and ability I used make a total 60% of cri chance, hitting one stack of CV target end up with a total cri chance of 65% regardless to my cri chance multipiliers. Right?

Not quite. The +5% from Crit Vulnerability is base crit so assuming your 60% crit chance is primarily coming from a load of % increased crit chance (1,100% to be precise, which I don’t think is practical, but details):

5% (base crit chance) + 5% (from 1 stack of Crit Vulneraility) = 10% x (1 + 1,100%) = 120% chance to crit.

Given you’ll have some other base crit making up that 60% you can see on your cahracter screen, your “real numbers” would be quite a bit lower. All I’m trying to say is that the 5% from Crit Vulnerability is added before the % increased crit chance is applied in the crit chance calc.

1 Like

Thank you for the detail, it does help.
That is why I am confuse about CV, as a debuff on target but still applied in the character crit chance calc.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.