Weaver’s Will | Coming in Rising Flames

There’s already that kind of an item - the unique belt that casts meteors and can be use on any class

yeah but I want GREEN ONES! XD

1 Like

Give us green ones.

1 Like

Weaver’s Will being relegated to uniques seems very strange to me. Why do we need two separate methods of legendary acquisition, while set items are left in the dust?

I understand that Weaver’s Will items are technically different - since only specific items drop with it, but it still doesn’t seem right to me.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to apply this to set items? The entire idea of them is that you have to wear multiple pieces in a set, so having a set that levels with you would be really interesting.

8 Likes

That would be an idea…

We’re still in Beta. I think this is kind of a test idea.
Having existing uniques that drop with WW instead of LP or Sets that drop with WW – we’ll see how it all shakes out in the long run.
Having more options is always where it’s at for build diversity and chase items.

I just hope they do still work on such basic features as linking items in chat for example. a long-ago-promised thing…

This does not make non-uniques uselsss… In the same way that Uniques and legendaries do not make all non-uniques useless… Depending on your build uniques can be useless. All these do is give you an easier time leveling up to max, and adds quality of life, because you dont have to search for items and constantly update your gear if these level with you.

can those new affixes be all suffixes or all prefixes, or they follow same rule: 2/2 ?

Ok, so looking at Cradle of the Erased shield that you used at the beginning to highlight Weaver’s Will, it states that it provides “+2 Block Effectiveness Per 1% Total Uncapped Resistance”, if this is already developed I would ask which resistance? I can’t imagine it’s all the resistances total, or is it?

BTW, That is a really awesome looking shield.

You need a lot of block effect for block to be good. I think t7 can roll at 1200. So I hope its all uncapped resistances.

Weaver’s will… exactly what we need even more rng on top of rng on top of rng. Isn’t something like this already gambling? ^^

Can all unique Items get weaver’s will or is there a specific subset of uniques that can get weavers will and the rest can get LP?

Only specific Weaver’s Will uniques, it’s a new item type.

We don’t know what they will be. Speculation is fine. As is providing feedback and ideas that can be incorporated into future iterations of a feature. The information presented is sparse, true. But nothing can been completely dismissed out of hand simply because of whats not listed.

And as to the one I provided. The intention was a Will item that shifted damage profile from one element to another on a non-preset level. For example, unlocking a prefix that shifted Void damage to Necrotic, Cold, etc… this could be unique to Sentinels as a core class item or a generic unique that just happens to fit a Void Knight build idea. That is what I was imagining.

EDIT: I guess I was too slow in typing. While writing my initial thoughts out I missed the Developer response to the questions. You are completely right.

Yeah I know but with it being “all” resistances combined seems a little more than what I would think was intended, but that’s just my assumption and I don’t like going off of assumptions so I asked. :sunglasses:

75% of one res will give you 150 block effect. You have 7 res. So for capping your res you get 1050 block effect. It’s good but you can go crazy and finally use those t7 res to get that extra DR.

It’s uncapped not over capped, big difference.

Yeah I had to reread it, thats actually imo busted. Because that means its still overcapped, like frostbite, meaning if you have 100 of all resistances you get 1400 block effect which is really high AND get capped block. its pretty much better bastion since its not uncapped.

Thats before we even consider the WW stuff it can roll

But the block chance is wanky at best.