Weaver’s Will | Coming in Rising Flames

The more I think about it, the more issues I have with this.

I think the most common criticism regarding Legendaries is, that they are very random and not so deterministic.

From the looks of it, the affixes added to the Weaver Item seems random, so they are just some new uniques with build-in legendary potential, that can go higher tiers.
But at the end they are still super random. (Even more random than legendary crafting)

2 Likes

Yeah, this seems to be a thing thats built adjacent to a system we already have, that people have problems with, and doesn’t feel great. So now we’re just gonna have 2 systems, with similiar problems I guess.

1 Like

Yes, with different weighting than normal items (aside from boots)

The most common Weaver’s Will item will be rarer than the most common normal Unique, but not the rarest item. They can also drop during the campaign.

Weaver’s Will Items will always drop with Weaver’s Will on them. Once they’ve run out of Weaver’s Will, they are ‘normal’ Legendries.

Yes.

On Boots, affixes have normal weighting, on others rarer affixes are much more common, with Relics being an example provided which can provide +level of skill, and has a much greater chance to be rolled.

There is a notification when your Weaver’s Will Item gains an affix!

Party member and minion kills still count. As long as you’d get XP for the kill.

They are new items. Weaver’s Will cannot roll on normal Uniques, only specific new uniques which are Weaver’s Will Uniques (and will always drop with Weaver’s Will).

5 Likes

I have a simple question stiil - who is the Weaver?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Is there a “main source” for these? E.g. a “weaver’s mill” dungeon or sth like that. :smile:

It is a great question that you will find an answer to in the future :slight_smile:

7 Likes

When a weaver item adds an affix, is it always t1,

So in theory lets say you have an item with weaver power 12,

it uses 4 to added 4 affixes, if it always adds t1, then you have 8 “upgrades” left, it could upgrade one of those all the way to t7, then another to t2 before being out of juice. or it could level a couple to 3/4 then be done etc.

This means there is quite a few layers of rng, first its weaver power, then its if it adds the affixes you desire, then if it even levels up the ones you desire. even if you drop a max power weavers item, it can still give you not exact affixes you desire.

1 Like

Yeah my issue with this system is, that if you find a 28 Weaver’s Will item and after 4-6 rank ups, the item has 4 affixes, which are not desired.

The item basically can be trashed.

I hope there is an option (maybe a dungeon reward) to use 1 Weaver’s Will to reroll one of the affixes on the item, or maybe multiple affixes).
Something that might be somewhat deterministic even.

Just to have them a bit different comapred to legendaries, which are also very RNG.

1 Like

What is the range of the ‘% more minion damage to chilled enemies’ on the new Apogee of Frozen Light sword?

I guess it’s an extra toy to play with, but I don’t really understand the purpose of this and how it’s adding anything new/interesting compared to just being able to turn these items into legendaries? It’s just like making a legendary, but with extra steps… and more rng?

2 Likes

whats difference between legendary items? in few words pls

at least you get an item potentially good for your build. I see those WW stats just like random bonus. Besides, having an absolutely useless 4 stats is very unlikely in LE. At least 1-2 have to be somewhat useful

I guess the more positive way to look at it, is even if you roll an item with say 10 WW, that item is gonna get 4 affixes that could all be useful.

So while a minmaxed version will be harder to get then a legendary, the middle tier versions should theoretically be better maybe then say a 2lp legendary that you flubbed. But I guess it all depends on how it choose to make items etc.

I think it will just be an easier to leverage harder to minmax legendary system…

Which tbh im not quite sure if we are 100% in need of at this current juncture but it is what it is.

you can’t get this kind of items on any unique item unlike legendaries. It is a separate pool of specific items.

so its mean its just “unmodified” uniques?

I mean yeah, if a Weaver’s Will Item fits in your build regardless of affixes, I guess everytime it drops its potentially exciting.

But I can already see some builds using Weaver’s Will Items only if at least 1 or 2 specific stats roll on them and then it might be a very disappointign experience.

No, Weaver’s Will uniques are a brand new set of specific uniques that always drop with “Weaver’s Will” but are the only items that can.

The method of adding affixes to them are difference.

And the “Base Items” are different, because Weaver’s Will and Regular Unique Items are different.

The endresult is basically not different

”By random”

Well thats surprising… :smiley:

EDIT: This entire post is void. I’ll leave it up for posterity and to provide an example for future posters.

Now I’m excited. I have concerns but the entire idea is innovative. Reminds me of the trade solution you brought to the table, that kind of excited. Now, I will do my usual “things that tickle the spider sense” portion but above all, this is great.

A lot of aRPGs tend to lean too far into the random. And given the last major item change is still one I completely hate, this leads me to be a bit concerned. If a Will shield drops, I hope stop gaps are put into place for it to avoid mods that will be of no help to the items designed use case. Having a physical attack mod roll on an item thats designed to be used by a caster will really feel like a wasted experience. I read that the items will lean towards harder to get affix’s. Which does alleviate a lot of my concern. But still, I’m hoping a system is in place to heavily stear these items away from counter intuitive mods FOR THE ITEM. I know that, as a Mage, if I find a Will caster item and it rolls an Acolyte mod, thats just the way it rolls.

I’m also hoping this means another pass is being made on the existing unique items. It’s sort of become a meme at this point the number of unique items that exist with no actual profile in the games build diversity ecosystem. Add to that, builds that a fairly generic in their design effectively require certain items to be considered either viable or complete. It makes for a very stale build environment. Personally, I would love to see the Sentinel lightning Smite sword get a look at. I love the idea here and would enjoy seeing it taken to a state where end game viability is on the table, but thats a fairly selfish hope.

Despite my listed concerns, I feel I should reiterate that this is an excellent announcement. I can not wait to see how the implementation impacts and improves the current build environment. And this has the potential to open up completely new concepts if taken to the extreme. Imagine a Void Knight whos Will gauntlet shifts the damage profile from Void to Necrotic damage. What other unique items could be added to the build. Or an item that allows a new skill to be used by the Primalist, maybe a few Mage cold spells or a ward skill that could give them a new way to build defenses. Rambling, I know. But again, excited.

NOTE: Typed up on my phone. Will review later at my PC to correct any spelling/grammer errors.