We deserve a roadmap!

LE has basically had 0 meaningful content for over a year now. 0.9.1 will add some nice visuals, but no real content to keep players playing.

As most experienced players know, LE has a lot of flaws in its current state, such as the end game and the itemisation.

I believe that since we are basically funding the game through early access, we deserve to at least get some communication from EHG. We literally know nothing about the future masteries nor how they are planning to fix the end game for 1.0. It is hard to be hopeful when are left in the darkā€¦

1 Like

Literally not true.

Did you not pay attention to 0.9 at all? Also you joined the community last month, so Iā€™m not really sure if Iā€™m understanding this right ā€“ how would you know what LE was like over the last year? We had a development drought due to 0.9 being worked on, but since then itā€™s not like we know nothing about whatā€™s coming.

We also know some things about the new masteries, but theyā€™re still in development and being workshopped so they donā€™t have much they CAN tell us with absolute certainty.

The current endgame ā€“ monoliths ā€“ is a foundation. People keep forgetting that. Endgame will be expanded in the future, some things theyā€™ve told us, other things they have not.

I feel like you just havenā€™t really been paying attention to their posts and their livestreams if you think theyā€™ve never told us anything.

2 Likes

Maybe @AndrewTilley will pop up with an amazing wall of text about what EHG said but Iā€™m concerned as well to be honest.

In their last video for the 0.9.1 patch overview EHG stated the release is later this year. This year has only 2 patch cycles left given the speed of patches in the past. I donā€™t see LE fit in any way to compete on the market in a good way with what we got right now.

The game is clunky, slow, the animations are meh, the restrictions in QoL like having to repecc passive points one by one and the ongoing chore with the shard pickups not forget the subpar performence and the elephant in the room with the guild setups not to speak of missing masteries. Maybe itā€™s just me and the experienced optimist in me that is speaking but I donā€™t think LE is in any state for a full release.

I understand why people want an updated roadmap and infos what they truely get with 1.0 because so far to me it looks just like the next unfinished game thatā€™ll be released while itā€™s still a giant construction site.

8 Likes

So you played from 0.8 to 0.9? You were there to see the difference in both visuals and skills?
Last Epoch feels and and plays vastly different between 0.8.5 to 0.9. While it may have been focused on multiplayer, thatā€™s a massive undertaking, especially since 75% of people waiting to play LE were waiting for online features. The remaining holdouts are waiting for 1.0.

Also Runemaster is nearly complete, according to Mike during his livestream recently. Itā€™s the furthest ahead mastery currently. While we donā€™t know the ins and outs of the new masteries, to claim we know nothing is just a lie. YOU know nothing, because you didnā€™t actually look into it or follow up on EHGā€™s method of discussion.

Would I like to know more? Sure, but we know more than ā€œNOTHINGā€ as you seem so keen to claim.

1. Using Steam Charts on an early access beta game to prove a point isnā€™t really useful. Yeah, it has less concurrent players than PoE. Before 0.9 it had an average of like 1,000 concurrents though. 0.9 brought the 40,000 peak, and the over 2,000 concurrent it has now.

2. The game has grown in popularity. Look at the numbers from before 0.9 released to now. It may look like a massive drop in players, but itā€™s actually higher than it was before.

Shocking, I know, that content updates bring in more concurrent players and over time, as content is cleared and other games release, people migrate away for a bit.

Using Steam Charts to prove whether or not a game is a success or failure is simply flawed.

Also the monolith of fate endgame, alongside LEā€™s crafting system, is nearly universally recognized by players and content creators as being one of the best in the industry, especially for an early access.

Is it as in-depth as Path of Exileā€™s endgame? No, but thatā€™s not a fair comparison.

Monolith is a great foundation. If you think it isnā€™t than maybe your concerns extend further than just the endgame and desiring a roadmap. Perhaps Last Epoch, and maybe the genre as a whole arenā€™t really for you.

I agree we could benefit from knowing more about future endgame features. They have stated they want basically pinnacle bosses added BEFORE 1.0, or during it. Something to chase as true endgame.

Weā€™ll eventually get more dungeons, new monolith objectives and islands, and probably entirely new systems that take inspiration from other titles in the genre.

When the content patch is about expanding endgame, weā€™ll know more.

This is just you being a dick.

Half your posts are you just joining a discussion so you can argue about it. Youā€™re kind of just acting like a bully. Also thereā€™s nothing wrong with debating features on a public forum, thatā€™s sort of the purpose for it.

Saying that you hurt my ā€œfragile fanboy egoā€ is just a shitty thing to say, and tells me everything I need to know.

Donā€™t be shitty. Itā€™s not that hard.

(Quick aside ā€“ Where in any of my posts here did I state a roadmap wouldnā€™t be cool? I never once argued that EHG releasing a roadmap to showcase future updates wouldnā€™t be cool to have. I argued that 0.9 was more than just some tiny patch that you seem keen on claiming it was. I argued that EHG as a whole hasnā€™t been keeping their players in the dark, and that the information is out there, you just havenā€™t actually gone to look for it or watch it.)

4 Likes

ā€œDeserve.ā€

HAHA.

HAHAHAHAHHA.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10 Likes

Might be just me but the image seems broken.

You canā€™t see it at all? Weird. I see it. Itā€™s just a screenshot, not a gif or anything.

I can see it, itā€™s the most worthwhile part of the thread.

4 Likes

What kind of roadmap do you need? I can give you the roadmap for 1.0 - the rest of masteries (Runemaster, Falconer, Warlock), faction (trade) system / Bazaar , new chapters, new enemies, new uniques, small QoL / bug fixes. Not much more can be done content-wise by the end of this year.

Was an issue with my VPN, the image loads fine.

1 Like

If you want a roadmap then what is the point in making up a bunch of lies just to argue?

0.9 was a multiplayer patch, stop trying to argue against this.
Runemaster is nearly complete you say, but we know nothing abotu it, hilarious!!!
Using steam charts on an early access game is EXTREMELY useful,. The chart proves that LE has serious problems with player retention, if you cant see this, then as I said before, youre simply just a fanboy.

The monos and crafting are the best end games in the industry? are you serious man?
Monos are boring, dull, unrewarding and repetitive.
The items in LE are useless, there is simply too much player power, items do not matter.

I never claimed it was as deep as path of exile, that is a strawman.

1 Like

Yes, as a person who is funding the development of this game, I believe I deserve some communication. If they dont want to interact with the community, then perhaps they shouldnt have released an early access game. Again, I have no idea why you are defending this descision from EHG

Mate.

Iā€™ve got bad news.

Kickstarter / Early Access does not give you shareholder rights.

Youā€™re just a pleb like the rest of us.

Edit: heck - even shareholders donā€™t get roadmaps most of the time. Be grateful EHG have given them in the past and grateful again if you get them in the future :slight_smile:

5 Likes

On the steam store page it says:

We have consistently engaged with our community on platforms such as our discord server https://discord.gg/lastepoch and our forum https://forum.lastepoch.com/ throughout our entire development. We look to community feedback and opinions to help guide our design decisions and make a game that our supporters want to play.

I guess it is my bad for believing the developers?

Theres a difference between deserving something and having an expectation (reasonable or otherwise) and being disappointed when those expectations are not met.

You used very specific language.

1 Like

Now youre just arguing semantics, man. I believe we deserve a roadmap because the devs said we would be a part of shaping this game and not just be left in the dark for over a year.

Oh boy now someone comes up and says the same about what you post because you interpret a quote to serve your argument.

Why donā€™t we just stop here? Someone thinks he deservs a Roadmap? Okay fine. Will we get a roadmap for everything up to 1.0? no because itā€™s communicated a lot of times what is coming untill 1.0.

A roadmap for the near fututre after 1.0 would be fun thou ^^.

1 Like

You can do that without a roadmap. Feedback and Suggestions

Patch notes are there. Donā€™t like something? Think something is more important? Feedback and Suggestions

This comes across as massively disingenuous.

In the past 12 months, here have been a number of communications in News Announcements and Developer Blog regarding status of various things as well as previews, patches and spoilers from other comms channels.

1 Like

It would be pretty hype, but given how much prior roadmaps had on them, I cant imagine it would say much :smiley:

I expect it would be marketing fluff at best. The hype is real :slight_smile:

So what do we know about the new classes? the shaman rework? the end game? how are they planning on fixing itemisation? the list goes onā€¦

How are we supposed to provide feedback???