Warpath channeling and mana regen

no matter how much mana regen i stack, i still cannot regen mana while i’m channeling warpath.

is that intended? ruins build diversity a lot… i cannot take anything that costs mana at all if i want to hold warpath 100% of the time.

i.e: speccing anomaly to follow me would be very nice but the +20 mana cost means ill have to stop warpath to regain mana after ~5 anomalies…

Zzzzzz

the other games in the genre let you regen mana while channeling so it just feels … weird. bad even.

You can reduce your mana cost for Warpath to zero from the skill tree. And no, you can’t regen mana while channeling skills, as a rule.

where does that idea come from? no other games in the genre did this to me.
seems anti-fun and ruins diversity of builds. a bit boring.

guess i’ll just avoid channeling builds as a whole… weird idea they got there.

I remember there is a node in Anomaly that will remove mana cost. I made a spin-2-win VK for my steam deck and remember that Anomaly and Warpath both have no mana cost.

yeah but then the interesting node to make it follow you instead of staying in place gives +20 mana cost.
i guess warpath/channeling in general just isnt for me. i’ll stay away once this one dies xD

i love whirlwind/cyclone in the other games (that let you regen while channeling). guess this game just decided to ruin it for me lol

+it feels bad knowing that all the mana regen mods are completely negated while youre channeling. very weird feeling (bad value).

I don’t understand your problem with Warpath. It costs no mana if you spec for it (Reckless Spin) and gain mana if used with a 2h weapon(Dark Nexus).

Also, I don’t think EHG had you especially in mind when designing channeling skills.

after 5 anomalies that cost 20 mana i will have to stop spinning until mana comes back, or be stuck never being able to cast it again.

warpath itself isnt an issue. i guess i wasnt clear enough or something.

it’s the only game that does this, i cant even think of any game other game that does it this way. just weird.

mana regen loses all value while channeling. there’s no positive point to this. not that i can think of anyways. feels like someone wanted to be fancy for no reason :wink:

In theory it’s awful. In practice, it’s fine.

Warpath makes certain things easier. To balance that, it’s channeled and no channel ability regens mana. It doesn’t hurt build diversity, it strengthens it. You have the choice to use another ability instead of warpath, or change your build to not use so much mana constantly. Lots of people have played warpath builds just fine, you are just trying to force something that doesn’t work the way you want. It doesn’t work that way.

fair enough. guess it’s just not for me!
guess it’s back to the drawing board trying to find “my” class. lol

thankfully im hardcore and it’ll all end “soon” xD

im running out of classes by now tbh. shame. they all have quirks just to have quirks it seems.

I agree. My voidknight is bricked his potential cause some clown amongst the devs thought it was a good idea to not add mana pots to LE.

Point of ARPGs is to make crazy build, sticking a rod in wheels of mana regen is such a borked decision the person who made it should be fired and never work on another design idea again. Why this game should been fully offline like all proper arpgs

Your juvenile demeanor is exhausting. More than half of the post I’ve seen from you this month has been nothing but accusatory regurgitation, lacking both perspective and self-reflexivity.

It’s always the devs fault, they always have an inferior intellect compared to you, your ideas are always better and your criticism is always justified. No nuances, caveats or sober analysis, just pure unadulterated combattantry on the far end of the spectrum.

Please touch some grass, and lets have this discussion again once both LE and yourself have had some much needed growth. I can rarely - but in this case safely say - that I speak on behalf of the majority.

1 Like

How is this a hot take? Wanting to be able to make op builds like in old school arpgs. The mana design in game is specifically made to throtle what you can do for some unknown reason. Its not using bugs or exploits. Just designed to minimize your fun.

Had i had the option fo run mana pots it would save sorcerer, stomper void knight, and a lot of other specs. I WANT TO BURN MANA. There is the entire discussion as to why a martial class would even need mana to begin with.

Do you consider this kind of behavior to be productive?

1 Like

Of course. Its feedback. I want mana potions or at least make it so mana regen is not a meme. I need 1000+ mana for a build. Mana regen is around 30/s when fully scaled. I aint waiting 10+ seconds for my mana to fill up like dial up internet. I cant even run some stuff i would really want to try out for the fun factor.

Maybe i want to fill the screen with large chaos bolts to the degree it would over heat my pc and cause it to catch on fire with double rift, maxed spirit generator /chaos bolts.

A lot of examples i can think up. But i cant do them.

You want a different game. This game is designed with intention to force you to make decisions based on mana, no free rides.

There are in fact ways to turn health potions into mana potions, if you really wanted to.

1 Like

Yes i am aware of them, there not ideal but they are better then nothing. My issue with them is that the mana gained from them is still not enough. Even if i use almost exclusively wievers will items to stack potion numbers to max, the trade of for doing this is not good enough. I am missing the mana in such quantities potions would not be viable.

I am all for a neiden like spec in LE, where you just chug potions like a mad man

The issue is compounded by how mana regen currently works.
And the mana regen and increased mana are prefix mods (lol)
Currently my build spends its mana over about 2 minutes. After which I’m forced to tickle trashmobs with Rive to gain an insane amount of mana (if it hits).

It’s extremely uninteresting. And I would much rather the game have bigger spells/ attacks that cost huge mana costs / cooldowns and then give us a way to regen/gain mana normally.

Via Leech/OnHit/OnKill/ Regen suffix/ Max suffix.

That way you still get the push and pull of using your mana pool for important things but arent burdened with having to use essentially time wasting (mana gainers) I could use smite to gain more mana but there arent enough nodes that add that type of specialization within its tree so that mana it does give (only on self cast) are hilariously low.

And its odd considering that there are nodes on my Passive tree that ask me to increase my mana costs for throwing skills. And I’m here wondering, where exactly is that mana supposed to come from?

1 Like

No, it’s noise pollution at best, toxic behavior at worst. Imagine someone influential from EHG reading your initial post with the intention of bringing it up with the rest of the team for discussion. We know for a fact that this happens on a regular basis. Do you think they would? Ever? No, and not because your point is necessarily invalid, but because you’ve made it impossible for anyone to take your point seriously.

Even for someone such as myself, who actually agree with you to the extend that mana management for a number of classes could use some tweaking.

1 Like

I dont think the devs would consider this change even if i wrote it in a more articulated way, these are the people who could not get servers working with the funding of tencent who has 100K people and somehow are incompetent enough to ask players on feedback instead of just fixing things as would be common sense.

I dont expect the devs anything outside of messing stuff up harder. i use emotions for the masses and leave facts for the few is a well known expression that explains well. Since facts do not sway them, maybe emotion will