Warlock Poison Build Guide [updated]

Alice Cooper - Poison Build
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/oy4wmzYB

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to share my warlock poison build with you all since i’ve been having lots of fun with it. Any suggestions and improvements are welcomed ^^ im melting everything. hope you do to. cheers!

Edit: Updated with proper items.

2 Likes

Did you try Soul Feast with it instead of Hungering Soul ? It can spread Poison / Spirit Plague, target without aiming almost everything without delay time and gain the Marked for Death Curse (+25% more damage + 5% more damage again because of Warlock Passive) for free. It seems better in theory but I could miss something here.

EDIT: Probably the Kill Threshold could be missing. You could grab it in the Lich Talent Tree (10% with Reaper 5/5 + 1 for his prerequisite. You even gain Minion that could Body block a hit or two :stuck_out_tongue: ). You can take out point in Malefic Body, Dark Protection or Spiteful Decay.

1 Like

I did… but yes, the Kill Threshold and Ward on cast from Hungering Souls is very important for this to work. I also tried to spec in Soul Feast instead of Transplant and move around points in Aura of Decay so it triggers Soul Feast while still using Transplant on bars. it sounded good in theory but I could not make it work. Transplant turned out to be way more essential for the build than i realized.
Also tried to replace Spirit Plague with Wandering Spirits but it reduces the survivability a bit too much and I got myself killed few times :smiley:

EDIT: Spiteful Decay and Dark Protection are a must have. I can move points from Malefic Body tho. As far as minions go I just prefer not having any at all. I dont like minions its a personal thing but it might work for sure

Soul Fragment should give you 3 (basic) + 3 (3/3 from Soul Seeker) + 9 ( +3 / 25 int from Soul Seeker again). 15 Wards / Cast if you only hit one target. You can also take Wrest that make Soul Fragment up to 350% stronger with 4/4 → 52 Ward from hitting a Rare/Boss. And that it’s only in the worst case when you can only have one target.

For the Kill Threshold in Lich, like you said Malefic Body isn’t ‘that’ necessary so that 4pts. You can then touch a ‘bit’ Spiteful Decay and Dark Protection for the last 2pts needed without loosing their ‘passive bonus threshold’ and either losing 8% inc DoT / 8 Life or 10 ward/s. Or a bit of both. I would probably hit Spiteful Decay because you already have ton of +%inc DoT that it wouldn’t even be noticeable and 8 life isn’t that much of a lose.

But anyway, like I said from the beginning it’s just theory in my head without proper testing so if you already know that it really doesn’t work for you it’s all you need to know. ^^

I will try it today lets see how it works with the kill threshold talent. it might make a big difference

EDIT: it works more or less the same, but I feel Hungering Souls is a bit better due to scaling from DoT and Cast speed and the way souls seek enemies. Soul Feast does give a bit more ward but not by much. I would say around 5% while Hungering souls does more dmg and its more versatile imo. It comes down to personal preference at the end i think cause both work fine. :smiley:

Do you mind sharing the loot filters you used as you were levelling? Thank you!

Double T7 stats on almost every item? Very realistic ^^. Tripple T7 stats wel… never seen those in over 3k hours of playing LE but maybe I’m unlucky. You use AoD without reduced dot dmg on gear? Well that’s a blunt and brave thing to do if you want the stacks to go up. I would pick wandering spirits over Hungering Souls and use Fissure as the main dmg spell while everything else is fire and forget.

From my point of view this looks like trash. The items are unreasonable to obtain while every now and then drops a double T6/7 item aquirering that many need a LOT of luck or time. On top of it even with this insanly op items the defences are ass.

I wholeheartetly can say I wouldn’t reccomend this build.

Thx for jumping into the cold water and making a buildguide with your first post. Needs a big pair to do so ^^. Keep it going you might end up somwhere with this so don’t hold back.

I just put in some items to show the over stats people need not those specific items not t7. LoL ? maybe use some common sense ?

Also your suggestion on spell is also not good. Your comment oozes arrogance and no intellect. Thanks for the comment maybe next time try to use the two confused neurons in your brain to make up a coherent deduction of what you are seeing

Edit: good to also see your nickname checks out.

At least you are funny :smiley:

There you go mate, but its a mess :smiley:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> New Filter 1 14 1.0.0.0 2 [Wich doc.xml|attachment](upload://jOpV3F4XDpculEZJAML5x4qfmGS.xml) (35.9 KB)

and you are neither funny nor smart. please spare me the condescending comments you wanna be smart ass. The items listed dont even have suffixes and you went on and on how unrealistic they are. think of that for a moment… if you can :smiley: :D.

Also, also there is no main damage spell… the damage comes from the poisons but if it did its already Fissure cause it scales with poisons unlike Hungering Souls mr 3k hours in the game LMAO. and putting Wandering Spirits in place of Hungering souls is just a facepalm moment you are so clueless is not even funny. Maybe you need 3 decades instead of 3k hours to figure out how spell rotations work xDD.

Do you have a loot filter for this build?

I’m currently using this build and its amazing just melts everything. I love it! Good job!

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I updated it with proper itemization. I was too lazy when I posted it and honestly thought like 5 people will see the post. But since you took the time to try it I took the time to put the items in. Cheers!

Do I Just copy and paste what you have here because I cannot click on it

Restart your browser or just copy paste the links in the browser. Both links work fine for me, tried with several browsers just to be sure.

I saw your update. It wasn’t totally what I have in mind with my Soul Feast Suggestion.

-1 or 2 pts in Engorged.

+1 or 2 pts in Hunger.

It really depend at how you can manage your mana. If you are fairly high in current mana during fight Engorged 2/3 can be good because Greater Soul Fragment scale with current mana. If with just Engorged 1/3 you keep getting Out of Mana keep it at 2/3 if not, 2/4 to Hunger is better for the casting speed. Either way, need at least 1/4 to Hunger to have access to other thing.

-2 pts in Original Sin

-1 pts in Another Strife

It’s a bit overkill here to max out both of them. When I tried myself Soul Feast, having 3/5 Original Sin and 2/3 Another Strife was clearly enough.

-2 pts in the ‘Generate Ward’ node (Soul Seeker, Wrest, Bones of the Accursed). I don’t want to do math this late but take out whatever reduce the least your Ward generation.

With those 5 pts;

+2 pts in Poisoned Husk (Requirement.)
+1 pts in Diseased Soul (Requirement.)
+2 pts in Queen of Flies. It was this node that made me make this suggestion.

IF Diseased Soul requirement make you more likely to kill yourself then forget about the Poison node but you need at least Hunger 4/4 for the Casting Speed.

Okey, link updated accordingly. ^^

Just tried it this way, and to be honest I dont think it works. You are stacking 15-16 stacks of poison on yourself losing over half you ward and do less damage so you are considerably less tanky and you do a lot less damage too. Obviously my items are a lot less fancy than what ive put in the build guide as an end goal but I can still sustain good 3k+ ward during fights on 200-250 corruption while literally melting trough enemies and with the Soul Feast build this way I am going under 1k ward without getting hit lol. deceased soul is not worth it, Poison Husk is straight up useless cause I already have 100%+ poison on hit and Queen of Flies is also useless as you already spread poisons with Fissure.