Wandering Spirits Channel cancels due to chronicle of the damned wandering spirit on kill proc

What went wrong?

When Channeling Wandering spirits via Song of the Last Chantry node,

you can cause your wandering spirits to force end if you’re using the unique off-hand Catalyst called “Chronicle of the damned” with the modifier 'X% Chance to reveal a wandering spirit on kill (1 second Cooldown)"

If this effect procs, it forces you to end your wandering spirit channel. I discovered it today, and it apparently existed a year prior. Please see old post Problem with Wandering Spirits Channeling

2 Likes

It isn’t just while channeling, it cancels the cast as well. I was excited to see how good it was but when my spirits just go away a second later, it makes the item useless.

4 Likes

I second that. Finally a unique I wanted to use and then that. :frowning:

1 Like

I feel the same! I was so disappointed seeing my spirits get canceled every time the book triggered a spirit. This could be such a fun combination to pump out spirits for ward gain but this bug makes the item completely irrelevant. I know y’all (EHG) got other priorities at the moment but I’d love to see this fixed and try it out again.

2 Likes

Is this why my wandering spirits end early? Came on the forum to see if the skills is bugged. I’ve been using wandering spirits as the non-channelled version and I’ve been feeling very convinced that they sometimes end well before the duration is up and I am using that unique…

Just did a test and had wandering spirits end basically after 1 second with the unique equipped.

Hope this gets fixed!

2 Likes

Yes I got the same problem and made a thread thinking wandering spirits was bugged but now it seems like it’s the Chronicle of The Damned that is bugged.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion, this makes this cool item so useless :frowning:

2 Likes

oh, boy, and I thought I was going crazy. I counted the seconds every time I used this skill and wondered why it sometimes just had a duration from maybe 1-2 seconds. It’s a pity that the unique causes such a bug.

Same issue with them ending early. Using Chronicle of the Damned with non-channel version.

Chiming in here. I have the same problem, but with the non-channeled version, and I couldn’t figure what was causing it. Indeed it’s the wandering spirit proc on the Chronicle of the Damned. Also playing Lich.