Void Forge Guard BUILD Patch 0.7.8 : The Spirals of Deaths, Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Aura

Yeah, in a game like LE where the high end is based on survivability rather than DPS squishier masteries can be at a bit of a disadvantage.

1 Like

OP can you make this viable for 0.7.8? I want make Hammerdin with Forge Guard, Lunge was nerfed, Sentinel changed, I see you know what you are doing (I dont lol) plz make this for 0.7.8 include nerfs :slight_smile:

Sure, but iā€™m still trying stuff out as well at the moment, some testing needs to be made :smiley:
The build is still viable, Lunge, despite itā€™s nerf, is still very good, but not godlike as before (which is good in my opinion, it was way too strong to have +100% ele resist).

1 Like

Your build is on my watch now, very nice build and Im eager to play current 0.7.8 version :smiley:

The build is still the same, you can play it right now, itā€™s good.
Nothing changed much except for Sentinel tree which is now updated. The flat mana gain on Vengeance is very, very nice, it helps a lot, it was a buff to this build.

My build got nerf for the people who had Idols of Decay thanks to this bug :
Patch 0.7.8.b : "Fixed a bug where the Sentinelā€™s Void Damage Over Time Idol affix had been accidentally deleted.

This will not fix existing idols, where it has unfortunately been replaced by the Acolyteā€™s new +1 skeleton affix, which is less than useful for Sentinels."

This means that all my idols that were giving me +150% damage (y, bad rolls, iā€™m SSF after all ^^ ) on Disintegrating Aura are now goneā€¦ :ā€™(

So now i have to grind Idols again, thanks you for the delete Eleventh Hours Game ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Which uniques you think can be incorporated to this build?

I play alot and have 3 tabs of uniques now :stuck_out_tongue:

I created 1 hour ago the ā€œGearā€ section of the build :smiley:

To resume : you want Sunforged Great Helm and an Oracle amulet (lvl 76) to counter dots, because itā€™s one of the only thing that can wreck you (i say that despite being roasted by a Rare Siege Golem in Arenaā€¦ But those dudes are way overtuned ^^ )

1 Like

What are you defensive stats running at?

Also disintegratng aura - what is that?

Disintegrating Aura is a node of the Hammer Throw skill.
It creates a Void Aura around the hammers that deal a lot of damage if you spec in it.

I got very bad Defensive stats (in particular for cold and lighting) at the moment because my character is SSF and i had poor luck with drops.

I can easily facetank all lightning and cold damage tho (yes, even Avalanche from Rime Giant Or Wengari Patriarch or BitterWings), which proves how tanky this build is even with crappy gear (this is why this build is budget friendly)
Keep in mind that Rallying block can give me thousands of protections on block too :slight_smile:

Here is a screenshot of my current defensive stats :

Thanks for that good to know

I added a small piece of information at the start of the guide, you can read it if you want :slight_smile:

is there any way to link your gear? iā€™m kinda new at this game and im not sure what to stack ie belt rings amulet etc :slight_smile:

I can, but it wonā€™t be good because my character Gear is garbage ^^
There is a lot of stuff that i would love to have but that i donā€™t cuz iā€™m SSF (Sunforged Great Helm is one of them :frowning: ).
Iā€™m gonna do it tho, but donā€™t ever think that my gear is good, only my weapon is maybe a bit good

oh my bad, i think what i wanted to ask are the specific offensive and defensive stats i should prioritize.

For offensive stats, go for the node Retaliation in Forge Guard (not the one in sentinel).
It gives you +150% damage when you get hit, then go for tide of battle that gives you +300% damage for 4 sec if you drink a pot when you get hit within 2 sec.

For defensive stats, glancing blows, HP, protections and block are important.
And for defense, you also have devouring orb paired with Regenerator passive node :smiley:

I linked my current gear in the build :slight_smile:

youā€™re awesome thank you! wish whisper worked :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I sent you a message through the forum :slight_smile:

Really enjoying the guide, thanks for putting it together. Do you have suggestions on points to take in lunge since it was reworked this patch? Are there any other skills youā€™d switch out to specialize in after the most recent update?

From what iā€™ve tested, nothing come close from Lunge as a movement skill from Sentinel, Shield Charge is too slow and the mana consumption is huge, Smite teleport look cool but thatā€™s about it : 6 sec cooldown on a movement skill is way too long and it gives us no buffs.

Ring of Shield is useless on this build : we WANT to get hit as much as possible to trigger the Forge Guard passive mastery bonus (30% damage reduction), and ROS prevent some hits.
The real problem of RoS is : there is NO projectiles that can kill us, weā€™re only vulnerable to big hits One Shots and damage over time effects.
Thatā€™s why the newly added monsters Siege Golem are a pain for this build : almost all their skills are Dots, but fire one, and got a Huge DPS. Theyā€™re a nightmare for any melee/minion
build at the moment unfortunately, theyā€™re overtuned.

Maybe Abyssal Echoes deals more damage than Hammer Throw with Disintegrating Auraā€¦ I dunno, i never tried it :stuck_out_tongue:

After some testing, no, Abyssal Echoes doesnā€™t deal more damage than void hammers :smiley:
Hourray, i didnā€™t made a build and a video for nothing ! ^^
Iā€™m going to post an updated version of Lunge skill soon once i re-level up volatile reversal (that was replaced to test Abyssal echoes damage) :slight_smile: I donā€™t want to confuse ppl that will see abyssal echoes in my set up ^^

Apart from the 50% attack speed buff.