VK Smiter! 500+ Arena Pusher | Build Guide | 0.8.3E

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This builds is based around Void Knight! Run around with a wand + shield and 0 uniques and deal as good as damage as if you had on a 2 handed staff or were Duel wielding! Devouring orbs take care of the AoE while Smite hits single targets for massive damage! Super tanky and can easily push arena or corruption very high!

Main Interactions

• Tons of adaptive spell damage with shield + Vitality Stacking
  • Rebuke for extra defense

Rating

• Defense - 9.5/10
  • Offense - 9/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 9/10
  • Arena - 9/10
  • Average - 9.1 (S Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here (DAMMITTS NEW AUTO FILTER)

LIGHT BLUE - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

GREEN - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

YELLOW - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

ORANGE - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

RED - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers)

TEAL GREEN - IDOLS

SHOWS - Exalted/Set/Unique Items
HIDES - Common/Magic/Rare That don’t match above Requirements

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SENTINEL Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

VK Smiter Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.3E

VK Smiter

VK Smiter Gear/Idols/Blessings

VK Forgotten Knight Update

VK Forgotten Knight Update Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance 60%
  • Health/Armor

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Adaptive Spell Damage/ Vitality
  • Void Damage/Spell Damage
  • Spell Crit/Critical Multiplier

Rating System Breakdown

Build Rating System Breakdown Post

Passive Screen Shots
Sentinel
Paladin
Forge Guard
Void Knight

Skill Screen Shots
Anomaly
Sigils of Hope
Smite
Devouring Orb
Rebuke

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Discord

Hey travelers!

We Smashed 3,000 Members! Lets Get to 4,000!

Come hang out, ask questions, and if your looking for a build use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Soon there will be a leaderboard for discord jeopardy asking all those questions you want answers to about Last epoch, make sure to be there when it launches and have your chance at being the months leader to earn prizes!

Have a good day Travelers!

2 Likes

This build looks so good. I love any devouring orb build that gets uploaded as purple explosions everywhere is awesome!

A quick question though, the screenshots of the passives show Acolyte pictures instead of Sentinel? The normal screenshots I see from the video so I’ve been looking at those.

1 Like

Sorry about that. Fixed now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the screenshots!

I watched the video and mainly I’m glad to see when you included Rebuke in the skill list. It’s a great idea but I hardly ever see it in any builds so it’s nice to see it as one of the five main. Having a panic button especially when surrounded by mobs or eating a boss attack is great. I need to try this build with a new void knight now.

1 Like

How did you go about leveling this build?

It’s probably not really a build you level, it’s a build you respec to.
You’ll have to level with Vengeance or Rive till you can switch to that. Or level up to 60+ then respec.

You’ll certainly need to level for the first bit as something else until you unlock Smite, but you should be good after that. I’ve certainly levelled as a VK caster entirely after unlocking Smite before.

Oh ho… I was planning a VK caster and was a bit sad because I could not level him from one.
Now, I’ll try it, thanks!

I can recommend leveling with Void Cleave and Erasing Strike, using Warpath while those skills are on cooldown. Especially if you have the unique two-handed sword Dreamthorn, it makes leveling a breeze.

I don’t understand the interaction between Vit and increasing damage? How is Vit an offensive stat for this build?

VK spells scale with Vitality now

They get +2 void spell damage per point if Vitality.

If Devotion is so good with the Paladin smiter build, how come it isn’t used on this build? Even without the lighting dmg and penetration, it should still double the damage.

I’m not sure, maybe because Devotion gives Adaptive Spell Damage while Void Smite uses Vitality. If anyone can confirm…

Devotion gives adaptive spell damage per missing mana, so if you’re on low or negative mana you can get an aweful lot of flat damage for your Smite. I guess it depends how much vitality you have as to whether it’s worth loosing some more % void, void pen & 2 defensive affixes.

What’s the minimum level you would be able to spec in to this? I’m assuming we level with something else.

What are the tradeoffs between the VK version and the devotion pala version, and which one is better overall?

You need to level as melee until you unlock Smite at lvl 20 (ish, actually 20 points in the Sentinel tree). Swapping immediately to Smite might be a bit rough, but the double cast node is awesome and keeping upgrading your staff is essential (put cast speed/spell damage as prefixes and push them as far as you can). As much adaptive spell damage as you can get is essential.

The VK gets a 40% chance for echoing which is awesome and is effectively additive to the double cast node so ~76% of the time you’ll get free Smites. The Pally can get more mana for more Devotion-based damage and can get heals from Smite.

Thanks! So if I’m roughly 55 and have access to all the skills but none of the gear yet since I’ve been lvling as void cleave / erasing strike, is it worth swapping now or try to collect some void gear first?