Using Steam on Linux, "Start game" button doesn't work since 0.80

I played the game without problem on Linux until patch 0.79. After that, I decided to put it aside until the next patch. However, when I tried to create a rogue character after patch 0.80 came out, I found two strange (and I guess related) issues:

• when creating the new character, after the introduction ended, there was some sort of overlay between the character creation screen and the game itself: there’s the location in the top right corner (The forest trail), but no minimap below it, the “Quests” title but nothing below that and there are the HP and mana spheres; at the same time, however, I can still see the five character classes, the “create character” button and so on. There’s no trace of the map. I can interact with the character creation screen (for example, I can change the character’s name and select a new class: however, pressing the Create character button seems to do nothing: however, after exiting the game and launching it again, I can see that the first character (the one corresponding to the introduction) hasn’t been created but the second one has. If I don’t press the Create character a second time, the original character is there.

• if I select and existing character and press “Enter game”, nothing happens. All other buttons in the UI work, but not that one.

I tried veryfiying the game files from Steam and sometimes it says everything is correct, while sometimes it says there’s a file which failed verification and it will download something for 64 bytes. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and removing the game directory (~/.config/unity3d/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch), but without success.

Today I tried installing the game on another PC (of course, still with Linux) and the results are the same.

Same thing here. “Enter Game” button does nothing all of a sudden.

Can a dev look into this? This is a game breaking bug.

The error is: “An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used” and this was after disabling ipv6 so it looks like Last Epoch either needs that or doesn’t check properly which protocols are available. Will enable it again and try again.

Confirmed that you need the ipv6 module enabled on Linux to be able to successfully get past this screen.

You’re right. I enabled ipv6 in the kernel and now it works. I hope this will be fixed.

Thanks

Stefano

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.