Updating the Druid Class's Transform Abilities

This is beautiful!

That would’ve been done before these if it was up to me. :wink:

It’s not written in stone that we’ll definitely change the model - most such upgrades aren’t planned significantly in advance; we find the time and choose a high priority item to redo or improve at the time. We’re definitely aware that it has been a truly iconic skill in other ARPGs, and it’s not a model we were ever thrilled with. We’ll get around to it, I reckon.

2 Likes

We’ve been working on them!

We currently expect they’ll be introduced individually, but that could change. No ETA atm.

1 Like

Oh, I heard someone say the devs are working on the Druid class.

I wonder if that could be related… :thinking:

2 Likes

Both of the model sheets look fantastic! Pog. Love how you use real life pictures to help create the models, cant wait to see it. :heart_eyes:

This looks amazing and I cannot wait for it to go live :smiley:

Release the Werewolf! No cage can hold it forever! :wolf:

2 Likes

Pfffft, it’s clearly going to be a WereLlama! That summons & buffs mini killer bikini vampire Llamas!

2 Likes

i will only support this idea if the mini Llamas wear “Sombreros”!

3 Likes

I can work with that, as long as there’s no clipping issues with the Terror Mace/Halberds that they wield.

1 Like

Wow this game is getting shape, the kinda shape I like keep it up this game is gonna be huge, big if you continue to update and upgrade it

i want to see the abilities changes, you can’t misdirect me with shiny artworks! :smiley:

I suspect that would remove a lot of build possibilities. Consider that Druid is currently very limited in options, you can go either werebear or spriggan. Removing the mana management associated with these would just cement the permanent playstyle and possibly lead to the same problems with the wererabbit that is coming. If you want all druid playstyles to make sense (as in actually work and not just be there for flavor), it should probably go the other way - increasing mana costs.
If I may paint an example: Make all werebear and spriggan abilities cost twice as much but double the power of everything, both static and scaling factors. Move the 300% mana efficiency werebear node to be accessible from the root, but change it from removing health regen to reducing the werebear power by 50% (which would bring it down to what it is currently). That way, you could have a permanent werebear form (with Entangling Roots) if you wanted, or you could have a strong as bloody hell werebear for 5-15 seconds. A strong but shortlived werebear would mean that the shapeshifter passives would finally make sense (if they buffed the initial duration by +12 seconds) as well as the increased mana regen passive node after shifting (if they changed from +% to +mana per second). Spriggan would be the same, and wererabbit would be the same. End result is that you could choose a form that you like, or you could choose to jump between them every 5-20 seconds, changing up the playstyle. It would also be pretty damn cool if some things in werebear could synergise with some stuff in spriggan (like a 20 second long mega buff to the first summon thorn wall spell on using Ravage and a 20 second long +100% crit to Ravage on casting vale blast).
Also, make werebear and wererabbit scale off attunement and spell power either by default or make those nodes available directly from the root if you want players to use more than 1 shape ever.
So what happens to permanent werebear if you make these changes? You would have a few more options. No more putting 5 points into 300% mana efficiency, which means those could go into either Ravage damage (and cooldown reduction please) and summon totem on ravage HIT (yes, it needs to be changed) which would mean TADAAAA - you could actually use a non-thorn totem for the first time ever in a werebear build, or you could flesh out the stun stuff, or you could even try to do something fun with claw totems. Letting werebear use warcry over roar and leap over charge would also make all kinds of fun things happen.

All of that would be possible by making the mana efficiency a choice rather than default. Some 40 points of passives would suddenly become useful, you could smack so many more skills on your skill bar suddenly, and you would get an immense increase in build options. Mana stuff is obviously not the only change that is needed, but it lays the foundation for facilitating all the playstyles.

hey, how did you find out about that?

I knew that you would respond to this… :rofl:

2 Likes

To be honest, that’s something I would want to play! :wink:

toggle form on or off no time limit nor constant mana drain would be amazing, oh and a werewolf form… change fur or bark color ?

Hm, why would you know that?

Do you know me that well? :smiley:

1 Like

I watched Umbrella Academy Season 2 recently. Thanks for this opportunity!!!

https://images.app.goo.gl/D3WyBdJGYyqk9TUE8

I’m sorry, Heavy! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::innocent:

Love the model sheets! That bear looks ready to rumble.