Upcoming Necromancer and Sorcerer Passive Improvements

Intro

In Patch 0.7.3 we’ll be adjusting some of the Necromancer’s and Sorcerer’s passives. Below you can find a total of ten examples for each of these classes. Both these classes and other classes will receive additional passive improvements as part of future patches.

Necromancer

In Patch 0.7.3 the Necromancer class is getting nearly a dozen new passives. An equal number of passives will be removed, and some existing passives are being improved.

[ Top of Page ]

New Necromancer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

Updated Necromancer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

Removed Necromancer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

Sorcerer

In Patch 0.7.3 the Sorcerer is getting approximately half a dozen new passives. An equal number of passives will be removed, and some existing passives are being improved.

[ Top of Page ]

New Sorcerer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

Updated Sorcerer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

Removed Sorcerer Passives

[ Top of Page ]

2 Likes

What a time to be alive <3

Also this is such a cool way of previewing new passives and changes to classes. Awesome job!

1 Like

A small typo is in Arcane Insight, the passive says it gives insight and that you can’t have multiple instances of Conflux, which I assume is meant to be Insight.

3 Likes

A lot of these are really neat, but Effigies has a major problem: Life-saving effects in ARPGs should not be based on chance, period. It makes them completely dead nodes in Hardcore runs and generally bad and unreliable (this is an edge case where it has a notable side benefit, but even then only having a chance to trigger diminishes its appeal significantly).

Ideally speaking a passive Cheat Death effect like that should have a significant cooldown, minimum threshold of minions to trigger, or some other restriction in return for working consistently.

Apart from that quibble (and there’s a philosophical argument to be made in favor of having bad passives, sure) everything is looking pretty sweet on both sides.

3 Likes

I kinda agree with this one actually for Hardcore purposes, but I would love to hear what the devs feel about this.

Wait so Necros are getting a node that increases the number of Mages they can have and no penalties? I was ok with that being the case on the skeletons skill tree but on the classes tree I not a fan of this. As has been pointed out regardless of intent so far Primalist pet are no where near as powerful or useful as Necro Pets and they are getting more with no negative?

They did say other classes are going to be getting overhauls and buffs as well, just that today’s previews are specifically Necro and Sorc: Hopefully Primalist pets are going to get better eventually too. I mean, theoretically all the pet builds need a LOT of love, especially with the current “800 item modifiers, only 20-ish of which are ever useful” problem the game has right now… But ideally this is just the tip of the “Pets being good” iceberg, and Primalist will get the same care and attention later.

1 Like

I am aware but that won’t change what I post. Watching the Sentinel stream now and all the power it has just gets me down comparatively.

I really love the new Warder!

1 Like

Now this is what I’ve been waiting for. I remember the devs saying more interesting passives would come later and its finally starting. I can’t wait to see the same happen for the rest of the classes to.

2 Likes

In Distant Spark, I believe it should be “have 6% chance per allocated point to cast” instead of “have a 6% chance to cast”.

The Insight/Conflux thing has already been signaled but I wanted to add that I think buffs (and other effects) should start with a capital letter to make it more explicit it’s a key name: “gain insight” vs “gain Insight”, they don’t give the same feeling.

1 Like

Removing reaction point is going to be a massive hit to my Lightning Sorc. Is there any particular reason why it’s being removed? Is it too strong?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.