Upcoming Bugfixes to overperforming Builds

It will literally take months to have most annoying bugs fixed. Everyone would like a game without bugs but they had to go in release state at some point, if they had to wait for everything to be flawless before release it would have ended like Star Citizen that is in beta or so since forever.

From my casual 30-to-40-hours-per-month playing, and also offline since I play ssf, I don’t give a s about leaderboards and the actual cycle has no exclusive content, I honestly don’t have many complaints. There are bugs, there are underperforming skills/iterations but FOR ME nothing really game breaking.

You are right about your statement with EHG trying to stay as close to the playerbase as possible and trying to provide us the best gaming experience we can have -
but why did they announce that they are only changing overpowered skills that affect server stability just to change their stance a week or 2 later?

Ive had the most fun this cycle in LE ever since start of open beta, and i limit tested this overpowered build both in equipment and difficulty to get as high as i can (where i am now almost stuck without minuscule upgrades worth dozens of millions). And no, this is definitely not faceroll anymore, trust me.

With this new balancing my character will not be able to stand a chance in the corruption he is in right now, which is fair and I understand that.

But going back down to lower corruption you farmed yourself through (and trust me, getting to 2.2k is a long grind which takes dedication) just makes me feel bad.
Kind of like beeing used to drive a Lamborghini, beeing told you can keep the Lamborghini, just to have it replaced with a Lada after 2 weeks.

I know it is necessary at some point, but for the love of god then stop dangling the proverbial carrot in front of us gamers with too much freedom and dedication on our hands just to take it away again because people were complaining.

3 Likes

I understand the frustration, believe me. I’m at 1k corruption, and it took forever. I could be way higher, but i also do a lot of prophecies and have to do other timelines for that as well. I min-maxed my build pretty much, without trying to scale the Smoke Bomb bug because i knew, it was going to get fixed. Still, the update will have a severe impact on my build too.

Maybe i show too much leniency, because i really like the game. The fact, that they changed their stance could be interpreted as “They don’t know what they’re doing”. But on the last post about the Smoke Bomb-Stuff, there was quite some uproar from the community about other overpowered stuff. As i see it, EHG really took their time to read through the comments, made that survey to see what players want and then changed their stance because the facts showed, that ppl wanted it that way. So you can see it two ways - either EHG being too weak to stand behind their principles, or them not being afraid to change their stance after being shown, that the community thinks that stance is wrong.

But to be fair - people who spend that much time in the game as you and me (2k corruption, i mean… that’s a LOT of time) have a very good understanding of the game i guess. They’re not casuals regarding the playtime and therefore the understanding of the game. We’re more invested in the game. So we usually know pretty fast, what’s clearly OP and if stuff is THAT insanely OP that there’s no way that it stays like that the whole cycle. We always knew, this can’t go on forever. It was fun while it lasted, and ofc it sucks having invested all that time and currency into that build. Maybe i’m wrong, but at least for me it was clear from the start, that this will be fixed - be it within a week or within a month. I had no illusions of being able to play like that for the rest of the cycle. Still, i totally get your point of now driving the Lada instead of the Lamborghini. Kinda feel the same way, once the patch is live.

1 Like

Hit me up IG or in here if you want to level another character, I’ll help you.

Note: People should really read the community guidelines. I’ll paste some in here:

- Be kind to your fellow community members.
    - Does your reply improve the conversation?
    - Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.

In short, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything.

1 Like

Thank god for listening.

1 Like

Literally nothing that you’ve mentioned in your post is bugged or broken that needs to be fixed. Lol

The problem is that the skill is overpowered only because of a coding error.

It’s not op because someone discovered a particular iteration EHG did not think about, it’s op because a 4% became a 40% due to, again, a coding error.

1 Like

Boy, I have 6k hours in LE, I’ve been playing since 2018 and I play Legacy because cycles don’t interest me… These “nerfs” don’t affect me at all. Try something else :rofl:

1 Like

Usually backend and gameplay developers are separate. If gameplay developers started looking into servers during the issues, that might explain why it took them almost a week and many attempts to fix it :slight_smile:

In software engineering throwing more people into an issue doesn’t make it resolved faster. At some point, it slows it down.

Edit: To clarify my point, 40% to 4% fix could have been done easily as soon as they knew about it. They simply didn’t care or couldn’t decide what to do.

1 Like

I must disagree with what is being done. The survey doesn’t represent the opinion of the most relevant affected people here. Some people like myself, looked at Warlock as a way to run away from weak builds (such as Falconer without shield or over-investing in defensive items). Now you’ll take away this option with so many bugs still to be fixed, such as the Desecrated Graves not working or the fact that meteor mages are just a plain failure. Bringing balance it’s not just about nerfs. If you have a knife and everyone else if fighting with a spoon, that doesn’t mean you’re overpowered, just keep that in mind. These changes (and nerfs) will most likely reduce the playerbase than increase it, because nothing else is being addressed. It’s better to stick to the words and improve the gameplay for everyone.

They corrected their stance, QQ more.

1 Like

If they do not affect you, why be so toxic to those that are affected? What you are doing is akin to some people in your neighbourhood losing their house and you tell, that it is good that this happend and “we” didn’t want you here anyways.

Bug fix is not a nerf. Your long post sums up to skill issue. Meanwhile I am watching non defensive non shield Falconers blasting 3-4k corruption. Check out AgroMorph on twitch. Not an outlier because there are plenty of chinese falconers in 2k+ corruption too without defenses.
Just because you can’t find a good build for another class (RM/Paladin owns high corruption too) doesn’t mean that you should fomo into a build solely for it’s exploit of a bug. Bandwagon Players like you are not EHG target audience and are more than welcome to leave for other ARPGs out there.
TLDR: Skill issue :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Those Falconeers could well not work as intended and their DPS could be next on the chopping block. It has nothing to do with “Skill Issue” if overperformance is nerfed midcycle and you are the unlucky one, that is affected.

1 Like

Because I’m tired of random players coming from poe/d4 wanting to disturb the forum, when they haven’t even played 500 hours and already think they’re experts to give their opinion. Not to mention that if you don’t know, the bugs here are like this: fixed overnight. So, if you plan to stay, suit yourself.

but they are not, try playing a non bug exploiting class. Skill issue.

You should consider, that these people, e.g. people like me have played games like PoE for 15k hours. We may not have your experience in LE, but we do know a thing or two about ARPGs and how stuff is usually handled and therefore have grounded opinions in this case aswell.

Thats what you are thinking. But are you really sure their crazy DPS is intended? Or there isn’t one or two bugged interactions in the damage calculation chain, that lets them do 10x more damage than intended?

Maybe the DPS for Falconers is too high. I highly doubt that though, because you have to sacrifice a ton of defense to get to those high dmg numbers (excluding the Smoke Bomb abusers). Maybe the DPS is scaling too high, but scaling issue != bug.

Ppl have to distinguish here between Scaling, unintended interaction between Skills and Talents and obvious BUGS.

For example:
The Smoke Bomb isn’t a BUG per se. It’s working as intended and does exactly as stated in the tooltip. It’s interaction with Shadow Falcons though, the resulting server stability problems and the insane amount of Ward you could generate were just simply overlooked and probably haven’t been tested that intense.

The Warlock Ward generation though is CLEARLY a bug, because it doesn’t give you 4% but 40%. That’s a bug. There’s no interaction between skills & talents. If the tooltip would have stated, that it gives you 40%, then it would have been a scaling-issue and you could call it a nerf, if they patch it. It has NOTHING to do with ppl “finding a good build”. They found a BUGGED build and abused the hell out of it. And it’s kinda ok to have fun with that as long as it lasts, but don’t lie to yourself… you all KNEW that this isn’t normal.

Yeaaah… so. You are going to do the balance change you said you wouldn’t though. But you’ll call it something else so it’s not actually a balance change even thought it is.

Still we have:

• Broken dungeons.
  • Broken movement skills
  • Broken servers that do not perform, even though there is less players now.
  • Monolith performance issues and lockups.
  • No real endgame other than a pointless grind to add to a:
  • Campaign is not finished. The actual content that there is not completed.
  • Extremely bad performance when playing together with people.
  • Reverts in online making you have to redo things you already completed.
  • Memory leaks
  • Wiped stashes
  • Broken economy and dupes

Many of these issues have been around for years. At release it was a bit honeymoon playing LE again. But, I am actually very worried about EHG capabilities as a developer if they can’t iron out big issues like this.

And EHG said they would communicate better than anybody else. Radio silence on discord. No updates on the actual problems had and the only actual updates we get are a balance patch.

Yeah I think I’m done this cycle. There’s no motivation to play right now with glaring issues.

3 Likes