Upcoming Bugfixes to overperforming Builds

If you understood what makes Profane Veil so strong (even with the bug fixed) lots of you wouldn’t be whining about the mid cycle fix. Scale you minion hp and more ward retention, it will be totally fine, no one should be able to generate that much ward with no defense investment.
And I play Torment Warlock as my main.

Hoping this also comes with bug fixes to builds / items in general. Finding out the boardmans set doesn’t work was disappointing

Actualy crybabies are bug abusers, not another ones. Anyone who played vampiric pool immediatly notice that it’s not 4% but 40%. First good reaction would be - bug report. They knew that it’s not normal and played, and now they crying like babies. Poor guys can’t play they 300k ward builds.

2 Likes

PLEASE, fix flame rush with terrain variation, there are areas where u cant use it at all

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but when you do the echo to reduce corruption, you can click the button to reduce corruption as many times as you like and it will reduce the corruption for each time you click it. Should only take a minute to get your corruption down to a more reasonable level.

You are so obnoxious, i almost became religious so i could pray that you are on the receiving end of a mid cycle nerf of your build.

Finally, someone that understands economy <3

Good job guys, glad you changed your stance on this.

Oh, that is good to know - at least downgrading corruption wont be that much of a hassle - unless they fix this bug too

Yeah, lets hope they continue to change their stances mid-season - not. I think the better way would be to start fixing all the stuff that is not working before nerfing stuff (and yes, this bugfix is a nerf, even if a necessary one)

However, this is the first cycle and EHG released a very entertaining and motivating game!
Bugs are bound to happen and need to be fixed, and if they keep going on with their direct communication with the playerbase the way they have done until now i know this game will be and continue to be a great success.

But for the love of god EHG please stop changing your stance on official statements you make - if a nerf needs to be done, do it. Dont keep the proverbial carrot dangling and take it away afterwards, this is not fair to a portion of you playerbase who counted on it.

PS: Please dont nerf the bug (if it is one?) that you can click the decorruption button multiple times, otherwise its gonna be a long grind to get back to the wanted corruption that you expect us to play in.

That’s what i don’t understand aswell. Lots of technical issues still persist and a lot of skill/passive interaction do not work properly. Why not add stuff by fixing it vs. taking away stuff by nerfing it midcycle.

2 Likes

It’s still mind baffling that we need to petition you guys to even start fixing bugs, and this is not about balance or overperforming build. No, its about seemingly from the way you acted, you were fine with the game having a million bugs in general for months, this is unacceptable. For example being fine with a brand new unique that doesn’t work at all…

I agree on principle but there are degrees for both over and underperforming. Having a combo that over/under by 5-10% is not like a combo that over/under by 40%.

Also I honestly think that there is maybe 1 player over 100 out there that casually discovered that particular combo was broken. If you are a total casual and don’t follow guides like I do, it’s really difficult to pinpoint that particular interaction due to the “infinite” number of specs and of specs within specs the game provides. 99,9% of people knew it was broken from the very beginning and purposely went that way exactly because it was broken.

I won’t say this is bad behavior because everyone just plays the way he wants, if someone wants to go the op path just let it be, but if you are op due to a bug, you may expect it will be fixed sooner or later, especially if it’s this big.

It’s not a nerf if the mechanic that is being ‘nerfed’ was never intended. It’s not a balance update. It is exactly what they said it is - a bug fix.

Good stuff EHG: keep the bug fixes coming!

1 Like

The mechanic is indeed intended to work the way it works, its just way too strong at the moment (4% vs 40%).

So if changing the numerical values of a skill that functions the way it should is not balancing i dont know what else it could be. Bugfixing would be changing a skill that doesnt work or works in a way it is not intended to work.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things in this game that are not working at all, so I personally dont understand the decision to start nerfing stuff before fixing stuff thats not working at all.

I just hope this will not lead to further mid-cycle nerfs/buffs/adjustements now - like I said I think the better approach would be to make sure every skill/item etc. works the way it should before changing numerical values on working skills.

2 Likes

3 weeks for change 0.4 to 0.04 amazing!.

How about the shuttering with constant frame drops to 15fps in several GPU configs?, how about the the rollback pops playing?. How about the screen freezes over and over?.

1 Like

If you could actually read you would see I said I didn’t have a problem with just fixing an obvious bug…… The point is there’s builds and skills that have been underperforming long before launch and we’ve yet to get a update to them.

You said it yourself. The skill was INTENDED to work at 4% not 40%. So, fixing it so that it indeed refers to the INTENDED amount is fixing a BUG - not ‘balancing’. Balancing, would be changing those values AWAY from what is intended. As in, if it were working as intended and they changed the value to 7% instead of the original 4.

It wasn’t working as it was designed. That is a bug. Period.

Some people are criticizing that EHG asks the community if bugs should be fixed. There’s more behind that question.

First off, they don’t ask IF they should fix bugs - but if they should fix CLEARLY overperforming bugs DURING a cycle, well knowing that some people may not be able to play at that level of corruption if they are abusing that bug.

Second: I don’t think they are afraid or don’t know if they should fix it or not. I think, they’re just trying to be as close to the playerbase as possible and want to know, what YOU guys want so that YOU may have the best game experience possible. And imho, that’s something i really would wish from other triple A companies, instead of dictating how we should play the game and what we have to be ok with. The player is not always right, and sometimes he doesn’t know what he ACTUALLY wants (humans, am i right? :smiley: ). But it’s a very big plus, if companies care about their playerbase and try to respect them and their time invested.

I’m happy, that they decided to fix those obvious bugs, even though i’m playing that falconer build myself… trying not to abuse the smoke bomb stuff if possible. Sure, there are a lot of other smaller or bigger bugs in the game that need to be addressed (Aerial Assault not removing Traversal Skill with one talent point e.g.), but i think they’re getting there. I love to min-max my builds, be it here or in PoE. And there always has to be a balance between Defense and Offense. You can’t have both at an OP-Level. You HAVE to weigh, if you’re more interested in the one or the other. Builds that are immortal should have low DPS, and vice versa. If you can have both, it negates all game mechanics, and as fun as that could be for a while, in the long run, it diminishes the gaming experience.