Upcoming Bugfixes to overperforming Builds

Good take! +1. Hopefully tho this sets the precedent of them doing earlier fixes like you suggest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like written, I am pretty much close to the ceiling my build can do in its current state, the smallest upgrades would go into the dozens of millions at this point.
I have invested a looot of time, effort und ingame currency to get there.
I am at 2260 corruption, which took a long time to grind.
If this is not real gaming, I dont know what is (in reply to your statement that i didnt play the game for real).

This all happened on the premise that EHG said they wont touch this skill this cycle.

Again, Im all for fixing bugs and broken things in general, but why did they have to announce that they wont change skills and then do it anyways? This is the true sticking point that gets my blood boiling - the nerf, bugfix or whatever you want to call it is deserved and should be done.

2 Likes

That thing they said was totally open to feedback and wasn’t a final decision at all?
Sounds like you’re upset over a whole load of nothing.

Yes, yes I am upset.
My char, on which i invested well over 100m ingame currency and almost 2 weeks of continous playtime will be gutted like a fish in his defenses and leave him stranded in a corruption he wont be able to do. Its is already very hard at this corruption (hello shade of orobyss) with the bug active.
I thought the whole point was to get as high in corruption as possible.

The whole reason i did push this char was because they said they wont touch the skill until end of cycle, which they now do. So jeah, my char will be useless at that point and Im upset.

3 Likes

Necros and falconers still skyrocketing.

1: You can reduce corruption
2: The game is supposed to be balance around a certain level of corruption and 2K+ isn’t it
3: You invested that time knowing it was on a character that was absolutely broken
4: You should have known doing so with a broken character was at your own risk because EHG literally said they may change it depending on feedback.

Alot of crybabies in here that there build get a bug fix witch is good tbh, also Wraithlord necro build will still own after this, if you only count over your Ward regen u really need to learn how to build a good Character because you are bad tbh. bugs are never healthy not in ARPG games either so go cry in a corner.

1 Like

so u basicly have used this bug because they said they will not fix it till next cycle? so u admit u are Bad at the game because u use a bug to rely on to succeed? gotcha!

1 Like

1: Yes, in steps of 10, 50 or everything. You realize how long this is going to take if I dont wipe the corruption completely? And if i do how long it is going to take to get back up?
2: My last info was 1k should be high ceiling, so do you have any credible source on that?
3: Yes, because I wanted to push as high as I can go, seeing as they said they wont do balance changes mid-cycle.
4: Then why dont just fix the bug(s) and call it done? Why this whole “we wont do balance changes mid cycle unless feedback”?

However, in the end fixing the bug immediately is the right decision - they just screwed a lot of players over with their indecisiveness on how to handle that bug (not intentionally i hope) and Im one of them and mad about all the time and effort i spent on this char.

2 Likes

Well, depends how you see it.
A normal build char has corruption 1k ceiling, for this he needs very optimized gear and proper gameplay to survive
My build in its current state has this ceiling at 2.2k with my current (optimized) gear, this doesnt mean that the game is not hard or im facerolling - in fact the opposite. It is hard, very challenging and my heart races when i fight the shade since i know there is a very probable chance of dying, even if i play perfectly. This is my endgame, this is my fun.

Getting this taken away hurts, even if I know its for the right reasons probably.

1 Like

Does this include the Divebomb bug where you can only do damage inside the smokebomb as long as its up?
For example when smokebomb is up and i used Divebomb in it i cant damage mobs outside the smokescreen area?

So you’d rather they leave the servers in the state they were at launch where people couldn’t get online to play but fixed bugs instead? @SilverKnightGG said it well 2 posts above yours.

If they were doing that they wouldn’t have asked for the community’s view on changing stuff mid-league.

if you could fix the builds were a bug are making them (more than) underperform that would be nice too =D

but i will now be able to try warlock at least, ty !

1 Like

Thanks EHG!

It will be nice to be able to choose those skills in the future and experience them working correctly. Some of us are gamers that avoid such skills when they over perform. For me, there is no joy to be had on cheesing the system and having the broken game mechanics carry me. I’d rather struggle in 100 corruption than get carried to 2000 by these mechanics.
Thanks. :hugs:

I am a Warlock player and I support your decision! hope the balace of builds are become even better now :slight_smile:

If you understood what makes Profane Veil so strong (even with the bug fixed) lots of you wouldn’t be whining about the mid cycle fix. Scale you minion hp and more ward retention, it will be totally fine, no one should be able to generate that much ward with no defense investment.
And I play Torment Warlock as my main.

Hoping this also comes with bug fixes to builds / items in general. Finding out the boardmans set doesn’t work was disappointing

Actualy crybabies are bug abusers, not another ones. Anyone who played vampiric pool immediatly notice that it’s not 4% but 40%. First good reaction would be - bug report. They knew that it’s not normal and played, and now they crying like babies. Poor guys can’t play they 300k ward builds.

2 Likes

PLEASE, fix flame rush with terrain variation, there are areas where u cant use it at all

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but when you do the echo to reduce corruption, you can click the button to reduce corruption as many times as you like and it will reduce the corruption for each time you click it. Should only take a minute to get your corruption down to a more reasonable level.