Upcoming Bugfixes to overperforming Builds

Right, but who’s to say when the game gets more complicated and introduces cycle mechs that buff the player overperform due to more complicated skill interactions that they wont be considered bugs? Bugs is just a loose word for “oops we didnt see that”

And a coding error that is exploited is no different than a rich person exploiting the tax code. You’d be a fool, if you didnt.

1 Like

The faster these people who support and build around bugs quit, the better. Then the drama caused surrounding something that absolutely should always happen without question, can be lessened. Coming and telling EHG what a let-down they are for not allowing totally broken things to stay in the game, are absolutely not who they should be catering to.

This does not apply to those who played the build, but accept the change. That’s cool.

Cry more

2 Likes

Sry for u!
Also cmon guys who replied, be nice instead of douchebags!

Personally i hope they fix bugs, and even SUPERoverpowered things (that are overpowered by a large margin and not intended) as fast as they can!

Cope harder, meta abusers who always play the strongest bug/class are going to reroll the non-bugged broken falconer/wraithlord or straight quit lmao.

1 Like

Did you mean this post?

I highlighted a section that, I think, is worthwhile.

3 Likes

Cry more

Still looking for additional connection fixes, theres a large amount of the player base that requires a vpn to play your game, and only your game. You can acknowledge this post and I’ll shut up and quietly await a fix, or im about to get real annoying about it on every public announcement yall make, on every platform, your choice. Already enough bad publicity for Last Epoch regarding connection woes, methinks.

Fantastic!!

@EHG_Kain Will you guys be posting the survey numbers? Very curious to see what they look like!

1 Like

Stances can change. And in this case, changed for the better.

2 Likes

Good that we got that one ironed out quickly. Because now people can build around bugs at their own risk. Rather than doing so with total freedom from having to worry about any nerf. The way it was prior to this policy change, was just not a good way to go.

2 Likes

Let me start by saying that I don’t think this is a bad decision.

That said, I disagree with it, and the reason is fairly simple: The precedent set here will, over time, cause more people to be upset with changes than are made happy by them.

There will be many, many more bugs throughout the seasons. Some of those bugs will be minor, some will be major, and many more won’t affect game “balance” at all. Those that do, however, are going to affect players. This season it might not have been me, but next season it might. This season it might affect you and it may very well cause you to rethink which game you put your time into moving forward.

Each character we choose to level and gear takes time, and that time isn’t something that we can get back. It’s gone. If that time has been put into a build that works because of a bug – even a minor one (and I think we can all admit that the Profane Veil one is a bit more than minor), well, that time is gone too.

I understand why it’s so easy to say “well, just don’t play the bugged classes!” but it should also be easy to see that not everyone who plays a game like Last Epoch is glued to the community discord, the forums, or the patch notes. Not everyone is looking at build guides to find what they want to play. Not everyone is exploiting these bugs intentionally. Those are the players that are going to be hurt by this.

And now, those players are potentially going to be hurt every time a bug turns up.

Bug fixes are good. No one is going to argue that Profane Veil is working correctly and it shouldn’t be corrected.

The timing is bad. This is what seasons are for. If a build is broken for a few months, it’s not a big deal. Nerf it (fix it, in this case) into the ground next season and we’re good to go. I’d even say that fixing something like this within the first few days of a season is fine. But not once people have sunk hours and hours of playtime into a character.

If I’m pushing 1,000 corruption and suddenly my character can’t do 1,000 corruption, I’m going to be upset and I’m probably going to quit. I don’t think I’m in the minority there.

5 Likes

Yeah totally agree. Bugfixes of overpowered builds are so far down my priority list if i get a disconnect every second dungeon and have a borderline unplayable experience with the base game. It is nice that they make surveys about this OP build stuff, while not even acknowleding the horrible networking issues a part of the playerbase is having.

1 Like

This is fantastic news, looking forward to seeing some diversity in classes and builds, seems like everyone was playing Warlock or Falconer and the game was suffering due to this.

1 Like

But they have acknowledged it. They just haven’t gotten it fixed yet.

The Discord FAQ for Lost Connection and Disconnect Issues lists CloudFlare Warp as a free option that’s been helping a lot of players, along with other steps that might help!

Everyone complaining about it are just lucky that EHG doesn’t ban people that exploit bugs. Other games ban people that exploit known bugs.

Weird. Cause you wouldnt say the same thing about a market bug where people are able to dupe or make 100% more money for free. “Oh great. Now youre just gonna nerf our cash flow mid cycle now huh?”. Also, why would you be upset about this. What’s so great about exploiting an massively op build? Relying on bugs just makes you a woese player down the line.

This is fine! :+1: