Unplayable - Crash 1min After Launching

Bought this game yesterday and have 3 hours logged on Steam. Lvl 10 acolyte unable to progress due to consistently crashing 1-5min after starting the game. Most of the time my PC will completely restart on its own immediately after crashing, but sometimes only the game will close. I have provided data from 3 crashes. 2070 Super/Ryzen 7 3700X
Crash_2021-12-22_013406849.zip (181.1 KB)

Have been enjoying the game during my brief content windows and would love to resolve this issue instead of getting a refund. Thank you for any assistance.

I’m not an expert but I noticed all of your crashes were caused by an memory Access Violation. I also noticed you seem to have quite a small amount of physical memory showing as available. Of your 16GiB, in two crashes, only ~5GiB available.

So, do you have a system managed page file? Also, try running with no other apps open.

Hey there… Welcome to the forum…

A few things:

1. Verify the game files through steam to ensure that its actually installed properly.

2. Make sure your GPU driver is recent… last 3 months and installed using a clean safe mode driver install, not just an upgrade. (use DDU if you dont know how to do this yourself)

3. What settings are you trying to use? LE is in beta and is generally unoptimised so you have to be conservative in your settings… Test with 1080p, Very low quality settings and a framerate limit (not vsync) of 60fps.

4. As Catweasel suggested… Do not play the game with anything else running… doesnt matter what it is, just dont run it…

If nothing above makes any difference, then please post your le_graphicsmanager.ini and the output of a dxdiag report.

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

All drivers up to date, game files verified and all background programs closed as Catweasel suggested. Changed settings to very low and 1080p (was on high with low shadows 1440p) to no avail. Although now instead of “very low - ultra” I’m given “Option A - Option C” as selections in the settings:
https://imgur.com/a/xNjMTXx

Haven’t had an issue running a game in years, but I understand being in early-access a problem like this wouldn’t be abnormal. Requested files below:
DxDiag.txt (107.8 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)
Player.log (12.2 KB)
Player-prev.log (59.4 KB)

Things like this are par for the course with beta/early access games… just have to figure them out or work around them… and hopefully, if it highlights a bug, then the devs can fix it…

Option A B C happens when your settings file is corrupted or cannot be read properly by the game… If you delete the le_graphicsmanager.ini and the bak file form the folder while the game isnt running then it should recreate it with a default when you next restart - that should solve that problem.

Your player.log shows the problem with the ini settings file almost immediately and then it tries to load more and crashes again after another attempt at reading the settings file…

The settings file you attached is actually blank too… which would explain it and this might be what is causing your problems… Lets hope deleting the settings file helps and the game recreates it properly.

Been playing for 2 hours without interruption so I think the problem is solved, not going to tinker with settings anymore. Ended up uninstalling the game on steam and installing the standalone client.

All settings very low, antialiasing off, borderless window, 1920x1080, vertical sync off, unlimited fps.

Sounds good… just one thing… dont leave the FPS unlimited… just dont… set it to 60fps… thats the fastest your monitor can show the frames anyway… no point in setting it faster…

Unlimited framerates are a known cause of game instability… at 1080p with a 2070 S you will probably be ok, but a very busy play moment might cause freezes or even a crash…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.