UnityPlayer crashes

Hey,

I’ve tried to find recent/fresh post about this, but I failed.

Game crashes without anything, just close itself. Sometimes randomly, but every time after monolith branch boss/quest ending, etc. I cannot even open a TP.

I found some information from months ago, it was a known AMD related stuffs, but I couldn’t rly figured out what’s now.

Here are some information and eventlogs (but there are more log with the same infos)
LE_bugreport.zip (19.4 KB)
SystemInfo.txt (1.3 KB)

My acc (ign, reg’d with steam): PathOfPirate (steam profile link: Steam Community :: PathOfPirate ) , but I couldn’t use it on this site, so yea, new acc…

Hey.

The windows dll error report doesnt really help - we need the dxdiag and player/error log files. Please can you post the game logs and in-game settings and system info as explained here.

First thing to try is to verify the game files in Steam - there have been lots of patches this week and players are finding that things are not installing properly every time… We are now on patch 0.8.2E. after updating to the latest version, please run the verification process at least twice - especially if it finds something to fix on the first run.

After you have verified the files…

LE is in beta and does have performance related instability issues… As a test to see if these are affecting you… please try the following: temporarily set the game to standard (not widescreen) 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (NOT vsync) with ALL the in-game settings very low or DISABLED… Try and play the game and do the things that perviously were crashing and see if the game is more stable now. If it is, then you are experiencing a known issue and you have to keep the settings relatively conservative to maintain stability. With your system information I would suggest that you play the game at 2560x1080 at 60fps framerate limited with most things no higher than Medium - you may even have to set them lower to get a more stable decent performance rate. The abnormal widescreen resolution may also be an issue…

Also… Please make sure that you disable any screen overlay type applications (Steam, Nvidia etc) and during the testing dont run any other applications while you test LE.

Any other suggestions need your logs and dxdiag first…

EDIT: Are you running any overclocking? Reason I ask is that because LE is in beta and is unoptimised so it can stress system components beyond what would be normal and sometimes this can cause general instability - especially with graphics cards…

1 Like

Hey,

Before you answered I tried the verification and played a bit, it seemed it works now, but will test it later more.

Player.log (10.9 KB)
Player-prev.log (681.7 KB)

I usually played in windowed mode, half to 2/3 screen width (yep, something else runs next to it, like discord, or other chat stuffs (viber etc.).
No to overclock.

Game says the display mode is 'exclusive full screen tho) and yep screen reso auto tagged to 2560x1080. (after I saved with the modified settings it went back to actual full screen so, it was just like a ‘suggested’ option, not the ‘live’ option).

Vsync: off; limit fps was unmarked before (now it does and 60fps limit), grass dens off (from now), others on medium, antialiasing: TAA.

Anyway, will try again later, ty for the quick answer.

1 Like

Hey,

Update: 1 crash so far after verification and changed settings (still haven’t off’d discord, steam, and stuffs tho, and been playing in windowed mod).

It seems it works. Sometimes it drops the FPS and screen freezes, but only for a second max, it was worst before that.

Hey…

Would have preferred no crashes after those changes but if its an improvement then I’ll take it…

I also use a 1060 and I do occasionally get freezes for a split second or two but I am willing to chalk those up to the beta status of the game - I have also found lots of very specific issues that increase GPU usage (sometimes dropping fps at the same time) strangely… All reported so the devs should have them on a to-do list somewhere… :wink:

If you are willing, I’d play for a while with all the in-game settings on very low or disabled - just to see if the stability improves even further… I play at 1080p, 60fps limited, everything very low & disabled and so far out of 800h playtime I have had maybe 5 crashes?

And definitely disable overlays etc… You could probably keep discord & browser windows open provided they are not adding too much gpu usage to the mix…

For more input, you’d have to post your dxdiag or the crash/error logs if the game created any…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.