Unity Launch Crash

Any word on a game patch or potential driver update for the Unity crash that happens every launch attempt? I can sometimes clean install my Nvidia driver and have the game launch 1 time before resuming this crash, but it also isn’t 100% successful and reinstalling the driver and/or game will just do nothing. It is literally making the entire game unplayable. The faulty module is nvwgf2umx.dll and I am using Nvidia Game Ready Driver 537.42. Looking up this module on the web brings up some other games that have had this issue but I do not even know where to start on addressing it myself other than just fresh installing everything which doesn’t always work and doesn’t permanently address it. This feels more like the game session messing with some config somewhere after the first launch that doesn’t play well with the graphics driver. Trying to find any information on this just leads to old forum posts or Discord threads where the same few actions are recommended (clean install, delete .exe and .ini and verify game files, backup files and replace if bugged). I promise I have repeated them several times and it is not helping and I believe a fix needs to come from an official source. Please, any help would be appreciated.

Anything? I know other people are running into the same issue and it’s really sad that there is literally no official response to this.

I’m having the same problem. Played a bit yesterday and today without any problems, then i tried to launch it this afternoon and just crash after crash before it even gets to main menu.

Yeah, same here (I think). Game crashes before it even launches and there is an “error” screen with a red exclamation mark (if that helps).

1 Like

Yeah can not even launch the game. Not sure why there is an “offline mode” if it has to be connected to the multiplayer servers anyways…

Got the same problem since yesterday.
Verified the files via Steam - didn’t help.
Got over 1800h in the game, never happened before, now it always happens when I try to log into any char (online, didn’t test offline) so basically I can’t play the game anymore.
I also noticed that recently (maybe since this patch or the patch before) my game often crashed when I exit instead of cleanly closing.
Also I didn’t change any Hardware or Software since yesterday.

I have the same issue. Never happened before but today the game won’t launch. Have tried reinstall and also other fixes by deleting files and verifying. All drivers up to date. Not sure why this started today and it’s been working without fail for over a week.

Same issue, but my buddies seem to experience this too… It now looks like a more general problem, which they are probably already looking into. I’m expecting a hotfix soon ( either client- or server-side )

Well try again tomorrow I guess

Hi I bought the game a couple of weeks ago and today I took a break for dinner and then came back to a unity error.
Player.log file has the following:

Initialize engine version: 2019.4.40f1 (ffc62b691db5)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Last Epoch/Last Epoch_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX (ID=0x11a3)
Vendor:
VRAM: 2007 MB
Driver: 25.21.14.2531
The referenced script (WFX_LightCurves) on this Behaviour is missing!
UnityEngine.Resources:Load(String)
AbilityManager:get()
AbilityManager:EditorReset()

[ line 199]
(Filename: Line: 199)

The referenced script (WFX_LightCurves) on this Behaviour is missing!

[ line 199]
(Filename: Line: 199)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Point light’) is missing!

[ line 334]
(Filename: Line: 334)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Point light’) is missing!

I’m back in.
I cleaned the steam download cache.
then created a new offline char which got me into the game
then I tried logging into my online chars and thats me back in.

Instructions for clearing steam cache are here
https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/categories/1260801488250-Technical-Support

1 Like

I just followed your advice and did exactly this and I am back in too. Thank you!

Got the same problem, tried installing/reinstalling, verify the game files, clear the steam download cache, removed all the overlays, but nothing.

I tried to install the game on my HDD rather than my main SSD, and that worked, but the loading times are atrocious, so i’ll rather try to find another fix

Same here :confused:
After a while it will launch who know why after couple of tries and after not anymore.
Was not working when I write this message, went away to make coffee now it is working ( until next launch) xD

Same exact issue. I’ve had some short lived success by re-installing, doing a clean driver install, etc etc. All the things we’ve all googled.

The only thing that has actually worked consistently is switching the game to a HDD. Which allows me to play the game, but then plagues me with performance issues. I hope they can fix it soon, it’s great when it works; but I’m not going to spend very limited game time troubleshooting for an hour or more each session before I can actually play.
/endrant

@_lt_gt_Haka_Burger_lt_gt @Firalal

What is your SSD make and model?

Hello,
This one

@Firalal good to now for the HDD, I will try as well and also I’m currently using GeForceNow for other games, I will try on it as well

I got the game a few days ago and cannot enter online mode, unity crash everytime brother can get in fine. i have tried a whole number of things and cant seem to figure it out

Can one of the devs or support agents give an update on this, please?
Not to sound entitled, but we did pay and we’d like to play the game.

Would be nice, huh? It’s kinda sadly ironic how I put off really bingeing this game because I wanted to play the official launch with my friends and yet the closer we get to 1.0 the less I am even able to play. Really cool to have literally 0 official acknowledgement of this