Unable to enter the game after creating character (+ more!) (SOLVED!)

I’m having tons of issues with this game. I cannot load past the first loading screen after you watch the little intro video of the character. I have tried lowering the graphic settings, but when I hit apply, the game just freezes and crashes. I have also had multiple crashes simply loading the game in general (such as crashing before you even get to see the play button). Also, if the game does freeze, I typically have to click the power button on my computer, because no amount of alt tabbing / ctrl alt delete / alt F4 work at that point.

I have tried the game on steam and on its own launcher, they both seem to have the same issues. I have also verified files, restarted game / computer multiple times, completely reinstalled as well.

I’m thinking it has something to do with RAM, as I saw an error once saying there wasn’t enough memory (I noticed this error on another newer game too, Age of Empires IV, but it still launched and was able to handle the issue). I have 8GB of RAM, so that meets the minimum requirements. I think this game might have some wonky RAM management issues perhaps? It does seem to do better when I exit literally every other application on my computer (can actually hit the start button, but crashes after you choose character and hit play). This might be the game that makes me upgrade my system (even though I can run all the other games just fine).

DxDiag.txt (113.7 KB)

Player.log (34.3 KB)

error.log (54.5 KB)

EDIT:: So I ended up looking at the error log myself and noticed that it said access denied. Went to compatibility mode tab on the game and launcher and set always run as admin and now it is working! Will post if I have more crashes though, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.