Unable to delete Stash Category

I have been messing around and creating different Stash Categories and moving the actual tabs filled with items between them to organize. Somehow I created a category that I can’t delete. It is called Category 4 and empty of any associated inventories. If you try to right click the tab to bring up the edit menu nothing happens, you can actually see the right click ability attempting to cast in the action bar instead of interacting with the menu.

In further testing when I hit the + Category button it creates a second Category 4. These two Category tabs appear to be linked. One is unresponsive as before, but I can rename the tab to “Test” for example. Then while in game if I right click the Category 4 tab, I am actually brought into the details of the “Test” tab. Here is a screenshot with some arrows sort of indicating whats happening.

Really enjoying the game so far! Hopefully this is just something small I can live with or is an easy enough fix. Exiting the game and signing back in seems to have no effect, I cannot remove/rename/edit this spare Category 4.

edit - It seems this was already reported Stash Tab Categories bug

However I cannot use this users work around and do not have access to edit the save files myself as its an online character. Do I need to reach out separately to get help on this? I don’t want to loose stashed items if they need to edit or reset the Stash file.

1 Like

I have this bug too except I accidentally exacerbated it to the point of permanently losing stash tabs. I was moving the tabs from the bugged “2 category set” to newly created categories to try and figure a way to delete the “2 category set”. Turns out that EVERY stash category I create after the bug is linked to the bugged “2 category set” and no matter which category I delete, it deletes a seemingly random category behind the “2 category set”. Furthermore, several of the seemingly random tabs created after the “2 category set” are “protected”. Meaning I can’t actually select them for any reason, not even to delete them. I have to delete them by selecting the “2 category set”, clicking delete, at which point one of the “protected” categories will disappear.

Before, when a category would be deleted with tabs in it, the tabs would be thrown into a “ghost” category, which would disappear after i moved one tab from within the “ghost” category to any other category. The “ghost” category would then reappear after relogging and I could repeat the process. Unfortunately, something changed and I lost 2 or 3 full stash tabs that have not reappeared after relogging. I believe the change that caused the permanent deletion was me moving all my tabs from the bugged categories to a category created before the bug happened.
At least my memory is bad enough that I can’t remember if anything good was in those tabs. Lets be real, it was probably all trash anyway. I have a stash problem. I was up to 30 tabs.

Something similar happened to me.

I just made a very long reply to this thread. It seemingly disappeared seconds after posting it though and wasn’t saved anywhere and I don’t feel like retyping it out.

The gist is, it happened to me but i have permanently deleted tabs (not categories) from trying to figure out a work around.

I’m pretty sure this is all the same but that I’ve been working on. From what I can tell, the data isn’t gone. The information on how to display the stash is bugged so it can’t display the tabs. I’m hoping to fix it in such a way that all the tabs come back.

It is possible that there are multiple problems and some won’t return.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.