Ultimate Void Caster Gets More Balls! VK 0.8.1b

You said sigils … panic.
Dropping one anoying skill to pick up the most anoying skill ingame was not my intention ;)(at least this has an “on kill procc”).

I will toy around with the echo in the next days and try to make it work … getting a kill every 8 seconds should be doable i hope.

Echo maybe like this?

IM trying to remember the nodes in that tree why do you want a kill every 8 seconds? for the abyssal form? does abyssal echoes do enough damage to get the kill?

Thats the big question … can i get it to kill ONE thing every 8 seconds to procc the abyssal form…

If you can do this you will get fantastic buffs on an instant cast with no “anoying addon”.

30% cast speed, 20% movment speed, 75% void res … and the “increased regen” if thats worth anything.

Bhuldar’s Wrath
States it can not be gamled? Is that incorrect?

Great build btw :slight_smile:

Nope, that’s a drop from a monolith quest echo boss.

1 Like

Correct its dropped by the 3 fire gods in the new timeline Spirits of fire

1 Like

The generic VK caster was one of the first builds I made and also largely the reason I dont play this game much because I play on a controller and you cannot use numlock trick and actually even move or use any skills, you are just locked to the floor - dramatically decreasing build variety since cant be bothered to press buff skills constantly every few seconds. PoE is bad enough with flasks and we cant automate it there legally

Its kind of sad that every Sentinel class feels forced to take sigils, which IMO is one of the most awkward and clunky skills in the game. I’ve played 4 sentinels in the past 2 patches. 1 of them didn’t use sigils, and it just felt like such a noticeable drop in both survivability and damage compared to if I was using them that I got frustrated.

Abyssal Echoes is great for low life swarm mobs, it does wipe them out pretty fast and easy, but it becomes next to useless on bosses (except maybe emperor because he keeps spawning the zombos). It relies on echoing off other mobs, so if its a single target… damage is very weak. Hella cool concept for a skill, very weak in reality unfortunately. It is really fun on maps that spawn hordes of the beetles and flies, because it will literally keep chaining infinitely across multiple screens (and lagged the hell out of my computer, despite it being quite new and powerful), which was hillarious. If abyssal form was a % proc on hit buff, it’d make a huge difference, and make it a viable and significantly less annoying alternative to sigils.

As is I’m kind of tired of sentinel, largely thanks to sigils. 3 characters in the past 3 months that have to spam sigils constantly kind of wore me out on it. So… back to BD, lol.

I just put up a warpath build for paladin that does not use sigils and it does amazing without them.

If you come back to sentinel.i recommend giving it a try

I looked at the VK variant that you posted, and that one did use sigils, so I guess I just didn’t watch the pally one. Point is that most sentinel builds are just “better” with sigils, and take a bit of a hit if you drop them. There’s no real viable/competative alternative to it either, and that hurts build variety.

I’d love to see something like Rebuke or Judgement get a bit of a rework to them, since they’re pretty infrequently used skills (I’ve never seen Rebuke on a build posted on the forums, at least not in the past few months).

Anyway, I’ve played so many paladins in the past few patches that I’m really itching for a good VK, but haven’t really found anything that works well without sigils.

1 Like

If the on kill chance on sigils would be significantly higher that would be a first aid to make them less painfull at least for mapping… or just a cast refreshes all stacks node like e.g. firebrand gets…

I run around with revanching stance sometimes…
Does nothing but at least causes me no pain and looks fancy…

I would like to see a “Summoning another sigil refresh all sigils but adds 10 mana cost” Node

1 Like

Maybe thar would not even be enough of a downside…
30% less effect would be fine too for the huge QoL added.

For the true machoist there has to be a reason to recast spam.

Mapping isn’t where you need the Sigils though, if you’re having issues killing or surviving without Sigils then that’s a seaprate problem (IMO). Though I’d certainly like to see this node.

I feel bad having a skill sitting unused at my bar … but yeah of course you do not need them;:wink:

Edit sigil feels suprisingly okay with the tons of cast speed we have … on kill, max durarion, instant cast qnd only 4 of them and it doesnt feel like a pain.

How’s this build doing now?

Should still be good. Ill do an updated version soon :slight_smile:

It’s doing great, but i’m sure that it can become greater!
Still looking on it!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Hi. Are you making a loot filter for this? And is it still viable