Ultimate Synchronized Strike Build 0.8.0

Video (Final Form Of Previous Build Today)

Build Overview

Pros High Leech High Damage High Survivability
Cons Its to easy.

Updates

• Initially posted December 6th 2020. Viable for 0.8.0.

Passives

Rogue
Bladedancer

Skills

Dancing Strike
Shift
Shadow Cascade
Smoke Bomb
Synchronized Strike

Idols

The main affix on idols you want is damage per active shadow for shadow cascade and second is increased shadow damage.

Gear

Below is a Tunklab Gearplanner link that has been put together from the gear shown in the build video. This gear is not be min-maxed correctly but should give you a basic idea on how to get started.

Bladedancer S. Strike Gear planner Link

3 Likes

The build looks good, I had mostly the same ideas except for a few things. On Shadow Cascade, why not take points into Leveraged Momentum instead of Shadow Torrent? Or you could sacrifice points from Dagger Dance and Rapid Expanse and max out both of them. With how much attack speed you get from just the passive tree, you can obtain a huge amount of multiplier damage. Leveraged Momentum has a much higher increase than Shadow Torrent, so I would prioritize Leveraged Momentum first. Then you could add Glove attack speed, maybe Amulet attack speed if you have enough crit, Zerrick Belt and Zerrick Boots for even more.

I also plan on using Lethal Mirage instead of Dancing Strikes. Still a low level so I can’t try it out for myself yet. I plan on grabbing the Umbral Feast node and putting a focus on creating as many Mirages as possible to use A Gloomy End node for even more Shadow Cadence.

I also plan on grabbing the Flow nodes from the passive tree. They look like they’ll scale really well with a finisher playstyle, and even if you have skills on cooldown Flow stacks will give more attack speed for more damage.

Hey. I’ve been following this guide.
I’m not sure what am I doing wrong but after taking the Wave of Darkness node on the Synchronized Strike tree my shadows don’t seem to cast Shadow Cascade.

Do I have to get anything else for Shadow Cascade to auto cast when I am using Synchronized Strike?

Send me your tree on discord or post here

But with the Crushing Darkness node Shadow Cascade no longer scales with attack speed. Or maybe Leveraged Momentum is not affected by Crushing Darkness malus? I am not sure

Leveraged Momentum gives more damage based on your stat (attack speed), regardless of whether the skill is scaled by that stat.

1 Like

So with 4 points in Leverage Momentum we gain 1% dmg per 1% attack speed which is really huge.

Thx Boardman for this wonderful build.
Its so much fun , bombing the whole Screen :rofl:

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I’m following this guide and my skills are lvl 13-15 and I took most area dmg nodes in both Shadow Cascade and Synchronized Strike but it seems that auto-casting Shadow Cascade via Wave of Darkness ignores area increase of Shadow Cascade. When I cast Shadow Cascade manually on the training dummy its area is big. But when I cast Synchro Strike it is small as if Shadow Cascade is unspecced. Why is it so?

Btw, Dancing Shadows node of Shift procs ‘spec’ed’ version i.e. with big radius. but Wave of Darkness doesn’t. Then I don’t see the point in putting more than 2 points in Rapid Expance node of Shadow Cascade.

Just did more testing. First cast of Synchro Strike casts small radius Shadow Cascade but if I immediately cast it again it then casts big radius Shadow Cascade. Very strange

there are 2 things happening. the shadows being created are not using the skill tree and this is why they dont dissapear, when you cast again (within 5 seconds) shadows already made get the huge area, shadows being created get the small area, its why mana setup is important and you just keep spamming (at least 1x every 4.99 seconds)

But it is counterintuitive . Why Wave of Darkness first cast doesn’t use the skill tree of Shadow Cascade? But for example Shift node Dancing Shadows does use? It is bad and annoying and looks like a bug. Wave of Darkness should use the nodes of Shadow Cascade I invested in. And then shadows should be consumed. That is what the description of Wave of Darkness say by the way - first they use Shadow Cascade and only then they dissapear so on the second cast they should get created again. That’ s logic behind the description on that node

no the toolttip specifically says existing shadowsn, not ones your currently creating with the skill.

It consumes Existing shadows to make Existing shadows use cascade with larger area. It does exactly what it says

Dosn’t first cast of Synchro Strike auto-cast Shadow Cascade? It does. So by the description it is cast by EXISTING shadows otherwise it wouldn’t have cast at all. First cast of Syncro or second - in both cases it is autocast by existing shadows. If not then where the skill gets the shadows from to cast Shadow Cascade at all in the first cast?

If there are no existing shadows then synchro strike will not cast shadow cascade. If there are shadows then it will cast shadow cascade, and use its skill tree. The massive aoe is just the normal synchro strike.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what skill nodes and passives I should target to get this up and running? I’m currently lvl 34 and I’ve been lvling with Cinder Strike cause Dancing Strike’s dmg feels really bad so far. Right now I have Cinder, Synch, Cascade, and Dancing Strike slotted to lvl.

Inside shadow cascade head for the mana back on shadow first.

Synchronized strike head for bottom left first and make shadows get area and auto use cascade

1 Like

Thx Board! Got it up and running.

Is there a passive plan for level 80+?

Due to small changes ill update this build this weekemd and will include where any UN earned points will go

1 Like

Just bought the game after the rogue update and found this build recommended on the official discord. Do you ever use dancing strikes? I just spam shadow cascade with shift for movement/extra damage on next skill in monoliths, and when I’m in arena I add a smoke bomb where the mobs are gonna collapse each wave, but I don’t know when to use dancing strikes, or even if it’s worth the specialization investment, cause I could sure use decoy to make up for the fact that it’s a glass cannon build (at least that’s what I feel, don’t have enough experience to know).