UI/Window Priority is still Awful and Interacting Objects

Hi, I decided to play again after couple of months and why this UI and clicking problem still exists?

Why when we have storage or settings open or talking to NPCs or anything opened aside from our inventory, the game just can’t tell which one to get prioritized? Why my “clicks” gets activated/registered behind some UI that I am currently focused on?

I’ve had this problem during combat too. How many times I’ve accidentally entered a portal when I’m trying to just walk near something. Or when I’m holding my left click and accidentally hovered over my portal or to next area, the game just goes “OK, NEXT AREA YOU GO”. Had an exiled mage fight in the campaign near Alrick(? forgot his name already) in certain chapter where he would open portals. Guess what, I was holding my left click trying to avoid the exiled mage’s AoE attacks and hovered my cursor on Alrick’s portal and just teleported me. I know this is minor issue but this shouldn’t be even happening at all.

Even when just interacting chests, levers or any object causes the character to walk and graze through the object? Try to move away a little bit from your stash, and click on your stash, you’ll notice your character will try to walk through your stash. Heck, even just walking near some world objects or pillars, it looks quite stupid. Old clip but here’s one example:

While it looks minor, this can be deadly when you’re just trying to avoid enemy attacks and your character just decided to do this crap next to an object. And this is why “clicking” in LE feels so clunky to me ever since the very first time I played the game back in 0.7-ish.

Please kindly look on this issue. When I/we players click on something, please at least make it satisfying and feels like an actual “click” with accurate visual feedback. If I click on a chest that’s far away from me, let my character walk a little bit and stop in front of it before opening it, not continuously try to walk through it as if I’m trying to go to the spot under where my stash is. If I have another UI open, please let the mouse or keyboard inputs prioritize the opened window. If I hold & drag something, it shouldn’t do it like as if it’s doing continuous clicks behind the scenes just like portal and scroll bar issue I talked about.

And didn’t this get patched already around 1.0? If I’m not mistaken, but why is it happening again.

5 Likes

Agree 100%. The UI is the absolute worst part of this game, it’s infuriating at times. I’ve sent maybe 10 bug reports and feedbacks related to UI alone

1 Like

Seems they didn’t prioritize making the game smoother, and instead focused on adding new content which just added even more clunkyness and bugs.
This has really bothered me aswell, it happens all the time when u wanna stash things after completing a monolith.
They should really start focusing on making the game “smooth”, these things shouldn’t be able to happen, movement and picking up items should be next on the list it feels so clunky.
I am afraid that it would require an entire rework of most things in the game, and probably isn’t prioritized currently - but its sad because its the full picture of the game as you play through, it feels clunky, buggy and underwhelming visuals / playstyles (and performance) on certain classes compared to the new ones.