Last Epoch has the worst "pathing" in any game I have played (Warpath Edition)

This is like exclusive to warpath. there is some campaign maps you can make it happen 100% of the time at certain parts of the map.

The pathing I find isnt strictly bad for “normal” usage. if you are playing not warpath, you will 1% of the time path sorta weird, but playing warpath you run into weird exclusive issues.

it probably has to do with the weird ground effects they throw in places, for a while(it still happens but much less then it did) certain maps just ate certain projectiles because of some unseen z-axis of the ground assets. Its gotta be something similar, I feel like I even remember them talking about fixing the warpath issue. But yeah it still happens a lot…

Yes it it very consistent and happens everytime. A lot of maps have this weird pathing issue. So it’s more of a “map” problem than warpath’s. If you go to these maps and used warpath, you will 100% gonna encounter this too.

Thankfully I edited the post title and added “warpath edition” literally 1 second after posting this earlier. Narrowly avoided backlash from community. lol. But yeah, that’s why if possible, I want EHG to test the maps using traversal skills available in the game when making new maps or when trying to fix pathing or other issues on existing maps because there were issues before with flame rush where your character gets stuck behind chest, some obstacles or even plain open maps like Ritual Lake.

↑ Old video. I teleported on some mound on the ground and got stuck there and died.

↑ And this problem I mentioned can also happen when using other traversal skills. Here is a sample of using Transplant.

↑ More Ritual Lake BS from older video. I spawned there.

1 Like

Dungeons still feel really bad to me. They even feel worse somehow even after the 30 percent shrink to there size. The patching feels bad when you keep running into blockages so often

It’s quite refreshing to see someone post proofs/showcases of the problem they’re describing. Upvoted.

2 Likes

Let me just add more reason why “pathing” is awful in LE as I mentioned in my older post.

↑ This shouldn’t be happening at all. But it’s basically this one.

↑ And I’ve had this a lot (like the Transplant sample I gave on previous comments in this thread). Where some objects or walls that makes targeting awful. If you look at the mouse cursor, my Void Cleave should’ve at least went 11o’clock but it went slightly south instead.

2 Likes

As @DiceDragon said, this is specific to Warpath. I like Warpath but struggle playing with it at times for this very reason. EHG has said that it’s a Warpath issue and they need a report for each location it’s happening at so that they can work on it.

Open a bug report for every location you are having it at. I have opened a few but haven’t played a Warpath build for a while. It may be a lot of reports to do but it will help them fix it.

Just for testing and out of curiosity, could you try those areas to traverse using warpath with a controller?

Very nice report with those videos, upvoted. I also suffer from it on other skills.
It’s like it targets obstacles between your mouse and the ground and tries to target the place, where obstacle would be. Like many corridor echo maps. It tries to target at the ceiling, which is invisible to us.
There could be some trick to it in the game engine to automatically make things transparent and not showing. It could also be done on map design, every map carefully studied and reworked not to have those things obscuring our vision and targeting.

1 Like

Bro I can feel your pain :smiley: played a lot of warpath in 1.0, was worse, belive me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
BUFF WARPATH THO :stuck_out_tongue:

I played for like 2 hours but somehow the other maps just didn’t show up, only Festering Sewers. Videos of me switching back and forth with M&KB controller. Somehow it’s fine traversing in these spots using a controller but starts to go retarded when using M&KB.

3 Likes

I did just now. Thanks for reminding me.

Un-fun fact, there’s no Vitality scaling for Warpath once you’ve converted it to void with Apocalypse Whirl node as I mentioned from previous post. And I feel like Warpath is the most point-hungry skill in the game despite not having 6-7-point nodes which is common on OUTDATED SKILLS LIKE MARROW SHARDS COUGH* and many more. (Sorry EHG, you really missed your best chance to update this skill since Warlock release in 1.0 and you even included this as part of Ghost Flame tree. Having a very outdated skill as part of new skill just ain’t feel right).

Sorry I slightly went off topic there. I also love some Warpath buff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elemental Nova wants to have a word with you :smiley:

LOL :slight_smile: But EHG got a “fix” for that. Say hello to Crest of Unity and Unstable Core.

True. I think I have pushed it to lvl 41 in LE tools.

You beat me to it! Thank you for making this.

1 Like

More proof.

Tmprol snctom

As usual works fine on controller…

↑ The same area I was using with Transplant skill from previous video. But using Void Cleave this time using both controller and mouse+keyboard.

And more proof, I’ll just include it here in the reply. lol

1 Like

As someone who uses Lunge a lot I feel your pain. Half the time I either can’t go where I want due to terrain and the other I get stuck mid lunge. It’s enough to want to strangle someone.

Casters really have it easy with teleport and transplant

Even more proof.