Two crashes between echoes today

Hi all, today I’ve gotten two crashes between echoes. Both times it happened after I clicked to move (I normally use controller but use mouse for inventory stuff).

Player-prev.log (498.3 KB)
DxDiag.txt (83.1 KB)
Player.log (29.5 KB)

Two possible things:

Have you tried to verify the game files after the recent patch - this should always be the first thing you try if you experience something new after a patch…

I see some Steamworks related errors in the logs… They might be nothing but as LE doesnt use Steam Overlays anyway, please disable this feature for the LE game - just as a precaution that it may be doing something that is causing the instability.

I had a same problem. Thanx a lot for a solution! U save my day! Didn’t even think about verify …

1 Like

Thanks! I haven’t gotten a crash between monos anymore but I got one today when I clicked out of the game and clicked back in during a loading screen. Player.log (564.1 KB)

Hey there… I assume you mean that you Alt-tabbed out of the game or changed the window focus if in window mode?

This is known to cause some instability - especially if you do it when the game is transitioning between locations - like loading into a new map… This is when the game is unloading the previous map and loading in the new one and it puts additional load on the CPU/GPU transferring textures etc… Putting the game into background mode at this moment adds more demand on the system… Its less of an issue if you have higher end components/more system resources or use lower in-game settings/resolution but its best not to do this while the game is trying to load things… its usually no problem to put the game into background when its not trying to load something…

Imho things like this will probably become less of an issue when the game is more optimised…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.