Trade & Item Factions

lol. My brother in Eterra, the day it insults me that I don’t spend my leisure time amassing fake digital items and calling it wealth is the day I check myself into the funny farm.

7 Likes

Definitely more time-friendly than other trade systems in the space today…

7 Likes

Are items listed by MG members given rank when listed or upon consummation of a trade?

ok ye i saw

I hate a trading system in an ARPG. So many people will just buy their gear for their character. Essentially, buying a character. This will be regretted in the long run.

That’s why you also have the Faction option of Circle of Fortune, which is a competitive option for gearing your character that doesn’t use trade! This is the very heart of the Item Factions system, in that everyone can individually decide if you want your gearing to be acquired through the utilization of a trade market, or not, without one side being left far behind, or limiting who you can play with.

9 Likes

I think CoF looks really cool, it was always what I was going to play. but it looks actually super cool now, love the prophecy system and the moving parts of the lenses, it adds a new system to tinker with in progression of your character.

I think the dynamic between CoF and MG is really interesting. lots of people think CoF is broken, and in some aspects it is for the average player.

I think at cycle start CoF players will outpace MG players at pushing content, but given a late cycle economy/item pool and wealth that has piled up into peoples hands MG for the top percentile of players will show insane builds like none we have seen before.

Correct me if im wrong, but assuming two players have favor to trade, you dont need to use the baazar correct? So in theory you can have groups of players which combine their gold/wealth to purchase items as trading away a cheapy item to your friend for your 1b gold is something you can do I believe.

I think the casual average user is far better suited to CoF, but those looking to actually make the most minmaxed builds especially in group settings MG is just by and far the best choice.

Hype! COF here I come!

This is correct, Player-to-player trade with Merchant’s guild is an option. Both parties do still need to pay the Favor cost, and need to meet the Rank Requirements for the transaction, but other than that, it’s fair game.

Yes, but these kinds of trades would be something we will be monitoring very closely. We could technically prevent this by not allowing it, but we feel that stopping one avenue of RMT is not worth ruining the average/default player experience.

3 Likes

I agree, I also think there is interesting stuff that can come from communities pooling resources to make a crazy build. its one of the upsides of trades, it does not have to be strictly for RMT. Just for the people who are interested in collaborative build creation.

1 Like

I think that gating customization behind progress is a bad idea. PoE learned this a while ago and now they almost always offer customization in different tiers so you can still pick one you like early on. Such as scarabs, lower tier maps with special implicits, atlas points with a design that you can reach first tiers of almost any content fairly quickly (blocking unwanted content is literally 4-5 points from start on 132 points atlas) etc.

It is a bad idea because if someone wants one thing and it is behind tier 5, that person feels that is what they must grind for before they start doing what they want. This hurts the enjoyment of the game and makes it feel more like a task. Game already suffers quite a bit from monolith grind, which is pretty much same thing in a different way. Now you are introducing another.

So please do explain why lenses that provide customization are locked behind progression? Should have been tiers of lenses instead that get better.

The rest, I like it and eager to see how it works.

1 Like

“you can switch factions at any time, but no you cannot use the items you already obtained”

I get it, you do not want players to exploit switching factions and selling items from other factions, but shouldn’t it just be “you cannot trade non-merchant items”? What if a player wants to get one piece of gear themselves and another by trading?

The reason I say this is because if a character switchs factions their ENTIRE equipment set fails to work and nothing in their stash will be equippable either, they also will not be able to sell something on the merchant system in order to get replacement gear or farm for replacement stuff/stuff to sell in order to get to the same gear they were already running because their build no longer works.

make a new super rare rune that can swap the faction on an item … and make it have like a fixed rarity that doesnt get buffed by CoF
That would be the best way i could think where everyone gets what they want without breaking the system

So, you wouldn’t be able to trade items that drop from mobs? Or am I misunderstanding?

That’s not necessarily true. Items that drop from mobs as MG won’t have a faction requirement. Items that drop “normally” from mobs as CoF won’t either. So, no, that’s not entirely true.

that creates more problems because people will farm in CoF in order to sell in merchants

I just said ommit it from CoF benefits … and make it rare enough that IT becomes the deciding factor in what gets traded and not the items you want to swap … then it doesnt matter if your grinding stuff in CoF to transfer … make it the mirror of kalandra of last epoch

items dropped from mobs appear to default to your faction, especially with CoF

No, they don’t.

Edit: Items affected by the CoF bonuses will have a rank requirement. Items that dropped “naturally” won’t.

Edit #2: Pretty sure @EHG_Kain said that subsequently, but too lazy to read through 100 posts to find it.

And items dropped from mobs as MG won’t have your faction tag, as they’ve not been through the faction’s “process” (special drops/prophecies as CoF versus trade as MG).

personally i couldnt care less at best and if anything i actively dont want any like trading between factions … but if it were to be done this is how i would do it probably

even then optimal strat is to target farm expensive stuff specifically using CoF then switch factions and sell whatever item you switch the faction of

say if you use CoF to drop specifically drop Omnis(the rarest item in the game) then faction switching it

so rune to switch an item faction causes problems.