Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

I understand the pull to try and draw conclusions from the limited set of early details regarding balance but please be careful with the assumptions and read the whole post for more information (including the FAQ).

The lack of rank explicitly stating that you can trade LP uniques doesn’t imply that it won’t exist (it will). The FAQ talks about being able to trade items all the way up to and including Legendaries. Each Faction will have 10 ranks. At max MG rank, all types of equipable items will be tradable at the Bazaar.

I understand the desire for open trade but in order to accomplish our goal of not splitting the community and allowing people to play together regardless of the selected faction, we need to be able to balance the relative power of each. Even if you couldn’t play together, we would need to be able to balance the relative power. This means that we need to have dials on both sides of the equation. So, we are going to keep the limiters on trade.

11 Likes

Wow, this solution seems awesome. Kudos to you guys for finding a middle ground.

:wave: Here’s one

1 Like

We’ve been waiting for this update since we bought this game back in 2020. Thanks for bringing us a new multiplayer/trade experience. EHG, keep in mind you cant satisfy everyone’s needs. gg!

1 Like

isn’t it the same thing as saying ‘I want that node on the skill tree right away because that would make levelling so much faster and more fun’? The way you earn ranks and gain more options for trading is how the devs see the faction progress for your character. It is a part of the gameplay.

I really find this confusing. Lets say the drop rates are slashed by 90% gold increased by 2000% would you still solo or would you buy? Conversely if it cost you 2 Million gold just to open the trade window once, would you trade? I mean its a lot more delicate a balance then I like X so I am going to do it.

I can’t speak for them but I suspect that the implication is that if the two options are roughly in the same ballpark of balance but if finding items was moderately worse, they would not use the trade system even if it was available.

5 Likes

Neither. I just wouldn’t play at all.

I am really stunned with this design you came up with, EHG. You continue to surprise me, in a very good way :grinning:

This solution really shines in letting both ways of playing open, even with the freedom to taste a bit of both if ever we wanted to. Making them cohabit using this faction system is quite innovative.

And even if I’m maybe more aligned with CoF, I can’t wait to test both of them, this is certain !

Impressive and smart, as always ! :sunglasses:

I am very fan of the direction LE takes, and the fact that you continue to take all of your community feedback into account in your decisions ! Keep it that way :+1:

*edit: typo

2 Likes

Hmm not really anything alike since unique have level requirements so you are gated from that anyway but if you feel arbitrary restrictions are good thats your opinion but if you are making a new character you are either 1. restarting from nothing 2. have the means to be twinked

If 1. is happening not really sure the gain of restricting low level players from engaging in trading low level uniques, then all that happens is newer players dont learn it, seasoned players will then hoard uniques to saturate the bazaar the moment they can trade

If 2. you wont need trade anyway since you can hoard your own leveling uniques

why are you bringing up unrealistic assumptions? just not point rly.

^THIS

when you reach the pointt in game when you do need very rare legendaries or uniques with LP you will have the required ranks. That is my guess

Right, I get it you enjoy finding your items, not trying to take that away from you. However your statement operates that both are viable, and I see similar statements but people often forget about the viable part. Getting these two opposing forces to work together and towards balance is a lot of delicate work, that was the point I wanted to make.

A lot of people can look at a system, that is not balanced, and put aside personal preference. Like most things the devil is in the details.

I wanted to add, because tone can get lost online, this is not a dig or an aggressive attack. I was just trying to use the extremes to highlight my point.

I don’t think it is possible to absolutely balance those two factions and that was not the goal for the devs. But adjustments and tweaks to the system are certain to come with patches.

That was a general statement and not a reference to anything here beyond the principle of the post, nevermind I will work on my English and try again next time.

I love that system cause it creates the one thing I was missing in other game trading design, an advantage for “no trade” players. Instead of nerfing the loot system, you provide a compensation and I believe that’s very clever and positive so all types of players can get the system they prefer for the game.

I think that’s a very good middle ground that will probably get updated with time but that’s a solid base to start with.
I’m happy for the people who enjoys trading to be able to have fun their own way, and I’m glad I’ll be rewarded for going the hard way :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really appreciate the amount of iteration you guys do on your systems. Reading between the lines it’s

1. You can trade an participate in the economy, if you want to or
  2. you can get special bonuses towards finding your own items if you don’t want to deal with it.

You’ll still have to watch progress/time spent to keep the approaches balanced, but overall I think it’s an innovative solution that keeps everyone happy. Please tell me tencent didn’t purchase call options on you guys as part of your deal.

Not sure how the balance between the two guilds will work out, but it is great that it is adjustable.

It’s an element I’m eager to try out right now! :grinning:

Would be great if they introduced more powerful end game bosses at the same time! :fire:

This really bothers me… both look like fun. thank you for giving me a choice

1 Like

Well I’m a happy panda now and I’m able to trade with my friends when using ressonance… Everything what I want. Thx EHG!

There is only one thing I ask myself… If I play with a friend and we are in the same area when something drops can I freely trade with him if I am Cof and he’s MG?

I like this!