Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

I can see were you are coming from, but I actually don’t like the idea.

I don’t like the idea of checking all or many many items for prices all the time.

if you are out in the world, just play the game and if you stumble upon some item, where you are not sure, just take it to the bazaar and look.
If you are unsure, don’t bother with it and just enjoy the game.

Features like this will take away a lot of the focus from the actual gameplay.

Let’s see the system in action first. Maybe some changes will be made to the Vault itself to accommodate.

1 Like

Current plan is to require you to go to the Bazaar zone to look at what is for sale.

3 Likes

Do you mean there will be different resonance types for the same player? The example is for exalted or uniques, but you may want to trade a friend rares or idols as well.

If so, is there a reason to break them up rather than have one type of resonance cover all tradeable categories? You could probably stack them all per player in your inv/stash.

1 Like

Blockquote I have some critical comments. The TL;DR is that I think this is greatly over-engineered, and we should just choose between three character types: SSF, Trade, and Non-trade. You can’t swap between them. The “special system” that Trade gets is free trade (no factions required.) The “special system” that SSF and Non-trade gets is this Circle of Fortune thing.

A hypothetical. You start the cycle as any arbitrary build under CoF. You take it as far as you’re willing to or are able to, based on strength/fun factor. You got the itch to reroll, but don’t have the means to because you’re missing some key build enabling uniques/sets. You’ve tried your best to farm em, but you’re starting to get annoyed/burnt out. However, you have a LOAD of gold, but you’re unlucky with gambling. You have the option to swap to the Guild! Sure, your old gear wont work, but you can pretty easily get your hand on some passable gear to get you some adventuring done so you can raise your rank with the guild so that you can buy the big items you need to later on down the line (if you aren’t able to buy them right away that is).

To me, having the ability to swap allows you to change your build on a singular character more easily than having to reroll an entirely brand new character under CoF. Personally, I think that this hypothetical would be aimed more at the people who dont have a million hours to dump into the game, but play a single character consistently for a handful of hours at a time over the duration of a cycle, and less so for the hardcore ARPG people, who have the levelling process down to muscle memory.

edited for clarification

I think this is in the FAQ but I’m not sure. Just in case, yes, that’s right. They will work similarly to the crafting materials and not take up inventory space.

1 Like

Looks like there have been some serious brainstorming sessions taking place! Super-encouraging to see the creativity in these systems, which I’m sure will get some revisions and fine-tuning along the way. Thanks EHG, just another reason to love Last Epoch!

Will we get capes representing the faction alignment?

6 Likes

Kudos on thinking new ways of doing things. I think it’ll be hard to balance , but I like that you are open to hear and try new ideas.
Can you please give us an example of how prophecies will work?

I mean, we haven’t talked about it but I’ll push for that.

6 Likes

Prophecy details are in short supply at the moment. A rough example is that you will buy them with favour from a CoF representative. Then they will have some specific item finding augmentation. An example of the style of thing they could do is something similar to “the next unique item that you find is guaranteed to have at least 1 LP” or something along those lines, ish.

5 Likes

I would think if the rank is earned as a number of point like xp and as you go up the ranks it takes more points to get from 2-3 then it does from 1-2 etc, then when those points get rolled into the standard league then it only goes over as points towrds your rank in standard. Similar to when paragon rolls over in d3.

Yea, I wouldn’t hold out for that one. I can see why it would make sense and it might happen. Best to be conservative with early guesses though.

1 Like

#capesorbust

I’m all in. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:purple_heart:

(I would have just liked your post but I ran out of likes for today :joy:)

1 Like

WOW, that’s super innovative and really interesting. Really pushing the bar!

I love the fact that it allows folks to play alongside each others. It also does exactly what I’ve always wanted, maintain different loot tables to satisfy both parties to the debate, in a really clever, rewarding way.

Thanks for the answer, and I understand you might have no specific info yet , but just to clarify , would we be able to target a specific unique? What about a unique that drops only from a boss?
Because in your initial post it says “Use prophecies to hunt specific item types” , would we be able to hunt specific items?

Instead of pricing tool there can be an option while browsing Bazaar to generate search based on selected item stats.
Underpricing items to manipulate market is only possible, if the seller can put item for sale and ignore trade requests (like in POE). If item CAN be bought without confirmation from the seller, it WILL be bought very fast (as a cheapest item on the market), and he will only lose potential gold and that item.
Moreover, there is no point in manipulating item price. Assume you did, and now can buy bunch of squirrel helmets for cheap. Ok, whats next? You cannot resell them. Then also make so that items bought from Bazaar cannot be gifted, to prevent RMT.
This system is ingenious in so many ways

1 Like

I can’t really share specifics on this sorry. Personally, when I read that, I’m thinking that I’m generally using Prophecies as enhanced target farming to significantly sway RNG in my favor but not necessarily guaranteeing specific drops. I can see some combinations or situations where you could guarantee a drop.

As another example of a maybe possibly “what if” option, “The next monolith timeline boss kill, will not drop the two most common options available.” So if it has 4 options and you put yourself in a corruption range that means you can’t get option 4, it guarantees option 3. This sort of thing I could see happening.

Super not set in stone yet and I just made that example up as I was typing this post.

Like a “find similar items” option, I like that. I’m not sure if things like that will be in version 1 but I can see that as a follow-up feature. Sounds cool.