Titan Quest 2 Announced!

Yeah, food is often regionalised otherwise it may not sell. The French version of Galaxy chocolate (called Dove) has a much richer more chocolate-y taste. If they didn’t tweak it for the French market compared to the English market it’d have to have a much lower price ('cause it’d taste like shit compared to the equivalent French brand).

1 Like

Road trip!

1 Like

Agree, although sometimes it can seriously backfire. Spent several months backpacking around the UK in the late 90s with a good mate. We mostly ate at pubs and local restaurants at stuff. Near the end of our trip we both were sort of hankering for some simple old American pepperoni pizza. Only place we could find was a Pizza Hut. In the states, it’s not great but it’s serviceable. The crap we ate that day outside of Cornwall was…well, I wouldn’t feed that to my enemies. :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I take a road trip once in awhile to visit what is basically the last remaining Johnny Carino’s a little over an hour from me, a chain Italian restaurant I really enjoyed as a kid.

Hopefully by the time TQ2 comes out, the world will still be a nice enough place to live for me to go again. lol

2 Likes

Either you live suspiciously close to Aurora, Colorado… or, there’s a Johnny Carino’s I don’t know about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is, haha. It seems like there’s one left in every state in the midwest. I’m very depressed it didn’t work out better for them. Their Chicken Scallopini is my favorite thing ever, pretty much. It’s too bad they stopped serving the Bread Soup so many years ago.

1 Like

Bro A&W is goated, you know whats good.

edit

@Llama8

Last time I had Mcdonalds was a decade ago and got food poisoning, you aint wrong! Chipotle known to almost kill people as well, the streets aint safe!

2 Likes

I succeeded once again in turning a game thread into a food thread, Im sorry yall :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s time to make up a gaming & fine dining website so you can make money out of that urge :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

My adhd can turn any topic into any other topic, I am going to need a whole lotta websites!

1 Like

The Last Epicurean.

A new aRPG from the makers of “It’s Only Wafer Thin” and “What’s Wrong with a Little Za On Our Time.”

A fledgling taste bud, preparing to makes its way into the world of sensation, must navigate a tumultuous arena of gastric and culinary horrors and delights. Fight off horrendous bubbles of fat and cellulous, search for the holy grail of the perfect food, both fast and tasty. End game scenarios revolve around miles and miles of intestinal tract while you face mind-altering and horrific entities such as the Duodenum of Garlic Paste and the Heartburn of Fried Cauliflower and Okra.

Now launching in Alpha. Please visit our Kickstarter website for more information. We promise, your taste buds will never be the same.

This game has the delectable sponsorship of Hormel, Hostess and the McDonald’s Corporation.

5 Likes

Got a laugh outta me. Id whale it, pun marginally intended.

2 Likes

I have no idea who they are, I don’t think they’re this side of the pond so they can’t be that good…

1 Like

Brother have you never had root beer? Cream soda? Here is 'murica they are that guy when it comes to those drinks. They also have restaurants scattered around, I like them. How can you argue with a 4.3/5 with 2000 google reviews? Those .000028571429% of the global population know whats up.

3 Likes

People tend to think we don’t have our own culture for whatever reason, but Coca Cola, KFC and the hamburger with fries make up a huge part of classic Americana. It’s funny to think that other places ever didn’t have those things, but that stuff is primarily our experience. Things like A&W will only have barely made it into other cultures, even as global as certain things have gotten lately.

2 Likes

Its sorta sad that a lot of our culture revolves around corporations, moreso brands that cause us to have the very real and understandable stereotype of being obese :joy: I am not saying thats a bad thing, it is what it is and I wouldnt change my life experience for anything, even if I do end up with a belly in the future.

I searched its parent company, I havent heard of [A Great American Brand, LLC], pompous group of people but they do make a damn nice beverage and burger (experience may vary).

edit

HAVENT heard of them, sorry if you guys see a ton of typos, an everlasting present from a tbi a couple years back. If I dont reread everything I write atleast 4 times, I can easily post something thats the polar opposite of my intention. Excuse me!

2 Likes

It’s always kind of been that way though. It just takes time for the institutions and brands to fade away and their ideas to generalize. Nobody remembers the East India company at this point, but probably a hundred things they traded and sold are now just part of life for us and the UK. The ways of doing certain things they pioneered probably are also. At one time Athens owned debate and democracy and now those are just facts of life too. It’ll just take more time for our corporations to go away because the state of the world is incredibly stable compared to how it was even 100 years ago. Hopefully we’ll figure out how to balance that stability with personal autonomy before our lives turn into Blade Runner, but for now it’s a good problem to have, haha.

3 Likes

Yup, you can get that (& root beer, though I’ve never had it) over here too. I even like cream soda.

Corporations are a funny thing, there seems to be something about them that make (or encourage) people to make the most soulless & greedy decisions. Its like you put an evil idea on a spreadsheet/PowerPoint slide deck, clothe it in oblique language & you’ll have intelligent people nodding along with it…

I still have absolutely no idea who they are (other than a US chain).

whispers I remember. Though to be fair, its probably more likely to come up in conversation or a history lesson this side of the pond.

Don’t forget responsibility.

3 Likes

I have nothing to add and this is totally off the cuff, but I just want to say I appreciate yall. As I mentioned a time or two, I had a tbi almost 2 years ago and it was a literal life reset. My cerebellum took a hit, and I had to learn to do everything all over again - walk, talk, critically think and socialize.

This site is pretty unique, generally speaking you all are great to have discourse with, and it has helped me recover in many aspects. Whether its builds or diabetes, its always pleasant. Reddit, PoE and Bliz’s site, twitter…they are all toxic and they feel like a circle of negativity. So um, ya, thanks boys, you helped a random dude on the internet more than you would ever know otherwise.

Now excuse me while I have a A&W root beer and watch some the first episode of some anime from like 30 years ago :pray:

3 Likes

That’s not the exclusive domain of corporations. Sounds a lot like any criminal to me. Hell, so many small business owners fuck people over on a daily basis as well – just ask my neighbors who shelled out 60k for a new deck, and are still waiting ~3 years later for it to be completed. It’s just that corporations are run by rich people, and rich people are da debil, so corporation are teh ebil as well…

That being said, A&W may have the best root beer, but IBC wins the cream soda competition, hands down!

3 Likes