"Thoradin" Paladin Build Guide - D2 Hammerdin Style With Lightning Strikes (Last Epoch 0.8.1G)

Do you love the D2 Hammerdin play style? Do you also wish it was more like Thor, with lightning raining down from the sky to smite your enemies? Do you want to stun almost everything, and do way more damage because of it? If any or all of this applies to you, then this is the build for you!

I loved this build way more than I anticipated when I started it. The stun is incredible and the “shotgun” effect from spiraling hammers keeps DPS relatively high, and absolutely obliterates large packs.

Planner - Paladin, Level 88 (LE Beta 0.8.1e) - Last Epoch Build Planner
Loot Filter - Thoradin.xml (18.3 KB)

*Note on loot filter - My filters are designed to be customizable as my character progresses. Because of this, the filter will be in a pretty strict state due to my build being at endgame. If you find that it’s too strict for you, especially early game, you can learn how to adjust my filters by watching the video below:

1 Like

Build planner!!!

Yeah, using both platforms for the game has caused some issues with uploading to the planner. It’s something I need to correct soon.

You could also do it the old fashioned way…

Time is a factor :slight_smile: but it looks like I’ve found it. Gonna add it in a few minutes

1 Like

Hi McFluffin, are you able to run 100 monos with this hammer pala build? and is arena 300 realistic at all?
Thanks a lot

Haven’t tried 100 monos but most likely. As far as 300 waves, it should be doable. I did a few runs in the 180s on a SSF tourney, but I got unlucky both runs and didn’t have access to Sigils, so it should be able to do way more than that.

I have the S Tier Hammerdin with fire->void dmg and it feels amazing.
I believe this one has more defense? I just did a 160 arena and left cause got bored but i believe it can go up 200.

How do you think this build will fare if/when the “Mana Gained On Smite Use” affix no longer works with triggered Smite (from idols)? I read somewhere it’s not intended to work and will be patched.

Where did you hear that?

I haven’t read that myself, and I do think it’s probably working as intended, but I also think it will likely get nerfed at some point. When it does, it very well may kill the build, but who knows when that will happen.

Might have been a speculation. The interaction Does seem a bit too strong. The closest I could get to a “source” is this guy saying essentially the same thing and the OP going along with it, so I might’ve read it off of him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.