This game is not just a Diablo killer

i dont get why people need 1 game to “kill” another game.

From a realistic point of view, neiher LE nor POE will “kill” diablo 4.

I also wouldnt hope for any of the games to “kill” LE. I can only repeat myself, as players we can only benefit from Options on the Arpg market, and a healthy competition will just help every game grow. Ideally, they have different timings for their cycles/seasons, as every season will get boring after 2 months or so.

fun fact, the forging system from LE isnt an invention EHG came up with. Tho i can see how many people would assume that.

LE is not a PoE killer, nor is it a Diablo 4 killer. It is, however, a decent game on its own that will probably end up only improving those two. You can already see GGG and Blizzard cherry picking the things about LE that are getting positive reactions; where Blizzard is pretty much outright stealing the crafting system and GGG is simplifying and improving their out of map mapping systems.

EHG will have to pump out of a lot of content updates, class/mastery reworks, and overall performance fixes at a fast pace to keep up. LE is rather bare bones and has a lot of issues. GGG is just non-stop despite developing another game, and now it has LE to use to steal things from.

1 Like

d4 doesnt need help to die. they added ptr so now the seasons will die before theyre even out! saves a lot of time! heh

GGG breaks the game every league, they just announced Necropolis patch that breaks and nerfs half of the game builds, your old characters will become worthless for no reason.

THey add new stuff yes, they break something as well. It is endless cycle, but game is never good. Some leagues feel better than others but thats it.

Path of Exile is 10 years old. A 10 year old game that based itself on a 20 year old formula (Diablo 2) and is still regarded as the best ARPG in the industry.
Last Epoch is a great and really fun ARPG, but it is by no means a “killer” game.
Both are really great games.

exactly old game based on another broken old game

did you see path of exile inventory space? it is inplayable garbage

I’ll give you that PoE isnt as “free to play” as it looks. it is definetly leaning more into the “freemium” In regards to stash tabs yes. You can certainly go through the game with just the basic stash tabs, but for any prolonged play, youll want to put some cash into those tabs very much so.

Also I take that back, Grim Dawn is more deserving of the best ARPG in the industry instead of PoE. But PoE still gets to sit on the podium. Last Epoch is very deserving of a podium spot too though.

Last Epoch definitely has a great foundation to build on.

I can’t wait to see future seasons, and would have no problem paying for expansions.

1 Like