This game is not just a Diablo killer

It might be a PoE killer, now I don’t see a reason to be spending hundreds of dollars on stashtabs,

I don’t see a reason to be playing inventory management minigame half of the time.
I dont see a reason to use external website for trading, and do it manually speaking to people, and getting scammed or scamming others for the sake of profits.
I dont see a reason to allow all kind of hagglers to abuse trade mechanics, and speculate on prices of items.
I don’t see a reason, to have teleport and identifier scrolls in inventoty and manually use them.
I don’t see a reason, to be forced, to use external Lootfilters, that are pain in ass to customize, when you can use ingame one, that can be customized and tested on the fly - by dropping items on the ground.
I dont see a reason, to pick unindentified loot I don’t need just to check that it is garbage.

What are the problems, and what game lacks?

• Surely, a lot more endgame content, activities, reasonable farm mechanics (not like blessings). An atlas for monoliths, random events, pinnacle bosses e.t.c.
  • Big wish but probably impossible, move the game from shitty unity, to some UE5 engine.
  • Spend money on better sound artists, better sfx, better voicing and narrative. Even AI voices are now better than what is in the game.
  • Spend money on better artstyle and visuals.
  • Add more items, uniques, buff underperforming game mechanics and subclasses. Add LP to set items.
  • Improve COF and MG factions, both needs improvements, one in target farming uniques, and another in trade interface. Price checking should be possible on fly, with last 10-50 trades over a week giving some average price, instead of manual 20 npc search.
3 Likes

No. PoE is doing fine. PoE 2 will also do fine.

LE shows a lot of promise and has aspects that appeal to a lot of people, but still needs a lot of work.

1 Like

LE had a good solid foundation but it took them a long time to get here. Hopefully the cashflow injection which came with the success of 1.0 will help accelerate their development process.

I think whether or not LE can be a POE “killer” really depends on how POE 2 turns out. Guess we’ll see in a few months time :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think LE will be a PoE or Diablo killer. The game has found a great spot in between the 2 and has set a revolutionary new standard in the genre. I hope other games take note and incorporate the trade factions, loot filter and a few other core items in the future.
There are improvements to be made for sure but the foundation at 1.0 is far better than other games at launch.

This game is by far no PoE killer…:
Poe is the best arpg out there, its difficult but in terms of content and depth its by far the best.
It just lacks QoL.
And Blizzard is the Diablo killer, it just trys to suicide itself from season to season.

7 Likes

I have played PoE. You grossly understimate the amount of issues and broken mechanics that game has. They add a lot of content but it is unfiltered, and a lot of content is pure garbage. It could be justified with PoE 1 being a test ground for Poe 2. PoE 2 success would be depending not on how much content they carry over but how much they delete, from the original game. How many useless items, uniques, mechanics, affixes, and other stuff is removed and reworked.

It is a question how much of bad stuff carries over into PoE 2.
The crafting, the inventory in PoE is absolute nightmare, and I doubt they will fix it in PoE2.

Also a lot of mechanics are purely time wasters, they are meant to create “complexity” " a lot of content" feel but in reality it is all empty.
It is like you add 10 filler chapters to 1 real chapter, and make it look like you have a thick book, but in reality you have dilute content with nonsense.

2 Likes

Diablo isn’t going anywhere.

POE isn’t going anywhere.

LE doesn’t need to kill them to be successful.

Why does every game that’s similar to Currently Most Popular Game have to be a Currently Most Popular Game Killer? Why can’t people just say, Currently Most Popular Game is not for me, but New Similar Game is for me and that’s awesome!

6 Likes

I dont think it kills diablo (i for one still play diablo) as I think Blizzard Devs will eventually figure out Diablo and get it on track just like they before. I also think competition is good, LE can learn from these other ARPGs and vice versa. I dont want games to die and fade away, Id much rather Devs work to make them better and compete harder.

I have to say thats all preference.
I agree with the Inventory and junk loot.
But crafting itself is very nice, its just complex thats where the preference comes in.
Poe is not beginner/casual friendly and they didnt intend to be but i guess they will switch this in Poe2.
Almost every mechanic has its purpose IF you play SSF.
In Trade its true, most mechanics are useless.
I personaly only enjoy SSF i dont like trade cause it make the game feels empty.
Same for me in LE i dont like MG cause it takes away the purpose of the game which is grinding gear.

hundreds of dollars on stash tabs? what?

this game will not kill PoE because it is might as well be in a different genre. people keep parroting the marketing line: “epoch lies between d4 and poe” but it’s actually more like:

accessible ------------------------------------------------------ expansive

d4 ---- epoch -------------------------------------------------- poe

also, I don’t know what people are on about with epoch’s loot filter. it’s underfeatured, clunky and frankly, barely enough. and also it’s a self-created problem. having 4 affixes with 60 possible ones creates 487635 combinations, out of which you will have maybe 4 useful ones? That’s before even getting into tiers and crafting potential. i wish i could use a loot filter like the custom poe ones, to be honest.

Because people crave validation for their choices through association. if there’s another game, and more people are playing it, then they are playing a worse game. But if everyone agrees their game killed all the other options out there, then they are playing the cool game, with everyone else.

2 Likes

What if LE could destroy all of civilization?

Last night I dreamt that there was this really OP skill, that people had IRL, and everyone got all paranoid and stamped out all life on the planet. I mean, it took a while and I woke up before it was all over, but yeah. Be careful what you wish for, dude.

it’s gonna need a lot of polishing/optimization to top poe and im only talking about performances.

i miss my perma 165 fps stable in poe. here it’s a gamble every new echo lol

*hell just mouseovering loot makes the fps dip. it’s crazy.

Yup came to say the same thing.

No games need to kill diablo.

Blizzard is doing it themselves :smile:

For me I feel like LE is a compliment to POE and I plan on playing and supporting them both each league/cycle side by side. I like and play both for different reasons. Unless D4 does a complete 180 that game isn’t worth my time.

1 Like

I have a feeling that, between Path of Exile’s usual new league, the launch of LE, and especially all the hype surrounding Path of Exile 2, the folks at Blizzard will have a hard time promoting a D4 comeback, no matter what improvements they make.

Maybe if they were to change the name from Diablo to “X-game”. IDK.

I just launched PoE to check, and I could not bear to play the game with inventory 5 times smaller, no inventory sort button or move materials to stash tab button.

The game feels awful.

there is no need for a “whatever”-killer.

It’s totally fine when PoE1+2/D4 and LE coexist.
It’s totally fine that there are people who only like one of them.
It’s totally fine that there are people who like two of them.
It’s totally fine that there are people who like every 3.
It’s totally fine that there are people who don’t like any of them.

1 Like

I don’t know how big is cash flow. But more realistic is that they will start developing LE2 on UE5 engine:)

LE cant realistically keep up, they cant make content at the same speed as PoE and even D4

I am expecting approximately on the 20th May 2024 LE needs to release:

Multiple new skills or reworks
New full fleshed out content league
New bosses including pinnacle boss
Every bug fixed
6+ new WORTHWHILE uniques
Dungeon rework

List goes on and on and they have 2 months left.

GGG does ALL that every league - apparently with most of their staff working on PoE 2. Not including exclusive league voicelines, NPCs, Music that they also just delete as well

Affliction is about to end and we are losing 3 new ‘Ascendancies’, an entire league mechanic (Wildwood), losing Charms and other shit, to be replaced with other shit. GGG doesnt really do the ‘borrowed’ power much usually their shit goes core

D4 is doing a full affix rework. Stealing LEs crafting system and doing much more things to attract people back. If D4 is willing to steal your QOL…what are you going to do to make someone want to play LE over D4?

1 Like